Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Kids and Clothes - Christmas Gifts? Yes or No?

I need some advice and I know there are a few teenagers that play VMK. So I ask you, do you like receiving clothing for Christmas?

If so, what do you like? What's the hot item this Christmas? Is it a corny gift?

Mother needing the info here!

• Never give in.

Re: Kids and Clothes - Christmas Gifts? Yes or No?

I wouldn't say it was corny A lot of teenagers prefer clothes since there is not many "toys". I WOULD SAY YES CLOTHES ARE GOOD GIFTS
    ♥ "Don't care about all the pain in front of me
    'Cause I'm just trying to be happy." ♥

• marebear_marebear

Most younger kids want the toys because they usually play a lot more than teenagers do. Most teenagers want clothes; although which kind really depends on the person. And when you get older you dont really play with toys as much.

Clothes are a good gift; but it depends on what the person is "into". Like if they are into the piano, they would want piano music; art items for the artist, etc...although I'm pointing out the obvious here.

[Haha but someone shouldn't ask me about clothes because I'm not a "normal" teenager to most standards. ]

Hey,
    Just want to give my POV.
    I have teens, but have opted not to give clothes unless they are with me when I buy them. I have done it too many times, buy them gifts of clothes only to have them 6 months later be in the give away pile with the tags still on. I ask why and they say, "it's not what I wear, or I don't like it or I'd never wear that". So I don't waste my money on clothes only to be given away in 6 months. If they want clothes, they must be present at the time I buy them, otherwise, I give money for clothes that they can go pick out. Teens are really, really picky about what they put on their bodies theses days. But then again, I remember I kind of was too when I was a teen.
    My new motto for 2008 - "If you will live like no one else today, later you can live like no one else." - Dave Ramsey.

• Minion

Can't go wrong with an iTunes gift card. But only if this teen has an iPod or some MP3.

I also like getting cool posters

Clothing's OK, but size-ing is the hard part if you don't know them so well.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by toadann View Post
    Hey,
    Just want to give my POV.
    I have teens, but have opted not to give clothes unless they are with me when I buy them. I have done it too many times, buy them gifts of clothes only to have them 6 months later be in the give away pile with the tags still on. I ask why and they say, "it's not what I wear, or I don't like it or I'd never wear that". So I don't waste my money on clothes only to be given away in 6 months. If they want clothes, they must be present at the time I buy them, otherwise, I give money for clothes that they can go pick out. Teens are really, really picky about what they put on their bodies theses days. But then again, I remember I kind of was too when I was a teen.
    This is why my mom has learned to ask/show me about items and then give them to me for Christmas. That and when she does surprise me, she always keeps tags and stuff on and offers to return/exchange them - no question. hehe. I guess it's just how you look at it.

From what I can remember Summer, a number of MCV kids did get clothing last year for Christmas. pinkCHICLETT, danceguest and others did post about this so maybe it depends more upon the individual?

• 333: I'm only half evil!!

Blog Entries

Now my boys probably aren't excited about getting clothes for Christmas!! But that's usually what we get them. Santa brings the good stuff as they refer to it!! LOL Now Sierra could get clothes and be happy!! Ashlyn could care less bc she still doesn't understand yet.
    AP Holder.
    Stay at home mom of 4 - Austin, Tyler, Sierra and Ashlyn.

• I embrace my insanity.

In my opinion, as long as the majority of the gifts aren't all clothes, clothes are fine. It's probably better to have them tell you what clothes they would like, since it's a personal kind of thing. The hottest items this Christmas are definitely anything to do with technology!

• Hope&Dream

i like clothes!!!! i got some from abercrombie, abercrombie & fitch aeropostale, and american eagle last year! i still shop there but you can also find the same clothes at like kohls and h&m and macy's, and old navy that have the same for cheaper price!

Advatar made by SlitSilver!!!

• Call Me Larry (:

okay.. when you are a kid.. you hate clothes as a gift because when you dress up in the morning.. you don't really care what your wearing. So if you get a Christmas Gift.. kids would rather have something they cared about. which is toys.
    [[ I remember when I hated clothes ]]

NOW.. as kids get into their teen life.. more peer pressure to dress like other people and they care more about what they wear.. so for Christmas.. us teens love clothes. Especially if it comes with a gift receipt. [Cuz granny isn't always caught up with the trends! Haha.]
    BUTT.. us teens also like our material things, mp3, ipod, tv's, anything that has to do with technology, and others in that sort. So yeah.
    :]

Hopefully I made sense. xD

EDIT: To like summarize this in one sentence.. Teens like gifts that make them look better. :]
    *Made By Allie.

• Minion

I Would Buy Movies, And Stuff Like That, Bc Movies NO1 Can Hate!

• Lost in your eyes.

I would say it's only okay if they plant the idea in your head, and show you what kind to buy,
    My mom has bought me clothes that she thought were "cute" and "in"... Well, trust me, as soon as I get my OFFICIAL badge (I am the unofficial fashion police with my friend Jess), she is getting a ticket for attempt of fashion humiliation towards her daughter.
    Maybe get your teens a video game.? Lol.

|siggie:me|not very active on this site:sorry|
    ~ KelseaNicole ~

• Minion

Oh and a side thought, after shopping tonight with my mom, we have completely different tastes in what clothing we like so it's hard for her to shop for me

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I love the information here, gift cards it is then! With a side of Game boy games.

Thanks so much everyone, you have been most helpful!

• Disney Dreams

I have to say, and this may be weird, but I've always HATED getting clothes as a gift. I'm sure it's a great gift, ( not corny at all! ) but I guess it just depends. As others have said, I prefer to be present when buying clothes. My other best option is a gift card to a favorite store. I would definitely suggest that over getting clothes themselves, but if buying clothes themselves is what you prefer, you should definitely keep the tags and receipts just in case.
    Of course, you can never go wrong with an iTunes card ( if the child has an iPod of course! ). I'm such a computer nerd, too. If someone gets me some Rollercoaster Tycoon game ( if I don't already have it ), they're my friend for life. I'm more into computers now than video games, so I'd be better off with a Best Buy gift card or something of that sort.

----So after all that, I say "Go gift cards!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast