PLEASE ATTACH YOUR
PROOF OF PURCHASE HERE Sony Computer Entertainment America Consumer Service Product Service Guide
Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.(SCEA) would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with your PLAYSTATION® 3 computer entertainment system. The following information is being provided to you to ensure proper handling and processing of your PLAYSTATION® 3 system. Please read it carefully and completely.
*** IF YOUR SYSTEM IS IN-WARRANTY, PLEASE ATTACH YOUR RECEIPT/PROOF OF PURCHASE TO THIS TOP SHEET BEFORE MAILING ***
- A copy of this guide will arrive in the advanced shipping box SCEA is sending. Securely tape only the completed first page to your system before packaging for shipping(1).
- Please print a copy for your own records.
- Follow the Proof of Purchase guidelines below.
- Do NOT send the original store receipt. Keep the original and send us the photocopy. For In-Warranty Exchange(2), we accept the PLAYSTATION® 3 system itemized, the price, and a valid purchase date clearly printed. Hand-written receipts are not acceptable.
- If SCEA Consumer Service has approved you to submit anything else as a valid form of proof of purchase, then please attach that item as described by Consumer Service.
In order for us to honor our In-Warranty Exchange offer, we must
receive a valid Proof of Purchase along with your PLAYSTATION® 3 system. If we do not receive a valid Proof of Purchase or it is missing from your package, Consumer Service will contact you to obtain this information.
In order to qualify for this offer, you must be the original purchaser of this product and have complied with all of the requirements and instructions from SCEA Consumer Service. This product service that is being offered is not meant for retailers, or meant for retailers who are acting on consumer’s behalf. Lastly, the authorized SCEA product service staff will make the final decision on warranty or product support (2). PERSONAL INFORMATION SECTION:
(Please fill completely and clearly) Service Request Number:
(1 - XXXXXXXX:______________________________________ (Note: This is a 9 to 10 digit number, beginning with 1 -, and can be found in our original email correspondence.)
Please reference this number to our agents if you need to contact us regarding this In-Warranty Exchange offer.
Full Name: __________________________________________________ _____________________________
Primary phone: ( ____) ______________________ Secondary phone: ( ____) ________________________
Console Serial #: __________________________________________________ ________________________
(On the barcode sticker labeled "SERIAL”. Write all numbers & letters)
Product issue/symptom observed:_________________________________________ ___________________
Is any software media stuck inside the system? Yes
If Yes, what specific media is in the system (e.g., name of game)? _______________________________
If you have additional questions and would like to contact us: For email, please visit: http://www.us.playstation.com/contactus.aspx?id=select
Please visit our PlayStation Knowledge Center for updated frequently asked questions: http://www.us.playstation.com/Support
PHONE SUPPORT: 800-345-7669 (SONY)
HOURS OF OPERATION: MONDAY THROUGH SATURDAY, 6:00 A.M. TO 8:00 P.M.,
SUNDAY 7:00 A.M. TO 6:30 P.M., PACIFIC TIME.
An estimate as required (Section 9844 of the California Business and Professions Code) for repairs shall be given to the customer by the service dealer in writing, and the service dealer may not charge for work done or parts supplied in excess of the estimate without prior consent of the customer. Where provided in writing, the service dealer may charge a reasonable fee for services provided in determining the nature of the malfunction in preparation of a written estimate of repair. For information contact the Bureau of Electronics and Appliance Repair, Department of Consumer Affairs, Sacramento 95814. WHAT ITEMS TO SEND
Include the following six (6) items inside your pre-paid shipping box:
- PLAYSTATION® 3 system
- Wireless Controller (SIXAXIS™)
- USB Cable to connect SIXAXIS controller (originally included with purchase)
- AC Power Cord
- AV Cable(originally included with purchase)
- Ethernet Cable (originally included with purchase)
Only send the six (6) items listed above. Do NOT send any promotional items (i.e., Blu-Ray disc movie, media storage cards, etc.) that may have been included with your original purchase of the PlayStation 3 system. You may not get these items back.
SCEA is not responsible for any other item(s) you send to us that is not requested by SCEA, and will be unable to research lost or missing items that are sent to us in error. Do NOT include the following
unless you are specifically instructed to do so by an SCEA Consumer Services agent. HOW TO PACK YOUR ITEMS
- SCEA will provide a pre-paid shipping box to you. This box will arrive at the mailing address you provided during your phone call with Consumer Services. - You will receive the following items inside the pre-paid shipping box: 1. Prepaid Courier Shipping Label.
2. A letter with detailed instructions on how to pack and return your system.
3. A copy of these instructions. - Carefully follow the enclosed instructions and pack only the listed items inside the box.
- Make sure to include the top completed page of this letter, securely taped to your console. - Securely attach the prepaid shipping label to the outside of the box. ADDITIONAL SUPPORT INFORMATION / FOOTNOTES:
(1) (1) IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT WE RECEIVE THE TOP COPY OF THIS LETTER WITH YOUR CONSOLE. IF YOU DO NOT INCLUDE A COMPLETED COPY OF THIS LETTER, IT MAY AFFECT OUR ABILITY TO SHIP THE CONSOLE TO YOU.
(2) (2) FOR IN-WARRANTY: ANY ISSUE WITH YOUR SYSTEM THAT IS CAUSED BY PHYSICAL ABUSE, NEGLECT, ACCIDENT, EXCESSIVE WEAR AND TEAR, MISUSE, MODIFICATION NOT PERFORMED BY SONY, OR COSMETIC ALTERATION VOIDS OUR WARRANTY AND YOUR SYSTEM WILL NOT QUALIFY FOR IN-WARRANTY OFFER. IN ADDITION, ANY COSMETIC ALTERATION, TAMPERING, REMOVAL, CUTTING, OR DEFACING OF THE CONSOLE’S SERIAL NUMBER LABEL, OR THE WARRANTY SEAL, WILL ALSO VOID THIS OFFER. FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS Q. How long will this exchange process take?
A. Turn around time for all exchanges is approximately 3 to 5 business days from the time we receive the products, including shipping and handling time, as long as there are no exceptions. Please check with SCEA Consumer Services for information on specific turn around times as they may vary throughout the year.Q. How do I protect my personal information that is in my Network Platform account and, or on the HDD? A.
For the security of your personal information, before you send in your unit for service, please do the following:
Q. How do I check the status of this exchange process? Q. Will I receive a new warranty with my replacement console?
- Back up all data from the HDD that you wish to save.
- Restore “PS3™ System “ (Found in: Settings<System Settings< Restore PS3™ System)
A. Your replacement system will come with a 90-day limited warranty. Please note that the original limited warranty that came with your brand new product covered a period of 1 year. The warranty coverage on your replacement system will be the greater of your new 90-day limited warranty or the remainder of your original 1-year limited warrantyQ. What happens if I provide my proof of purchase but my product is still determined to be out of warranty by the Service staff?
A. A member of our staff will contact you either by email* or by phone to inform you regarding the out-of-warranty status of your product, and request to speak to you about payment** options. Your out-of-warranty payment options will include: 1) exchange of your product, or, 2) repair of your product; both options may require applicable state tax, and we can gather payment from you over the phone if you wish to proceed. If you decide to decline the out-of-warranty service options, SCEA will return your product to you without performing any work or service.Q. What if I am not able to contact Consumer Service for this follow up?
A. Your product will not be serviced and it will be returned to you after ten (10) business days from our original contact attempt (either by phone or email).
*Please note that SCEA is not responsible for any emails that are not received due to your SPAM/Bulk-Mail filters. **We accept all major debit/check cards and credit cards, including MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express.