Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Boogie

!Beginning of VMK!

VMK first opened on May 23rd, 2005.
    VMK's beta edition ended 6/27/05.
    I joined Sept. 5, 2005

When did you join? What do you remember?
    I remember I was excited for learning the new method on how everybody got credit-- crashing your boat on the jungle cruise and getting 20 credit for nothing! Haha, I used to play all day...

I also remember that video on the front page and the old button that actually counted down as to when vmk would open.
    That video was so sweet :')

AND when the haunted mansion game first came out around halloween I was ADDICTED to it! People can be such newbs, haha.

Talk about it :-)

On vmk from 4 months after opening!~Mangamaniac~Boogie

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Re: !Beginning of VMK!

I joined during beta, I was so excited to find something I could play that reminded me of the parks.

There were a lot less people, a lot less games, I remember playing fireworks for the first time and thinking, "I totally suck at this." (I got better. )

My favorite memory would probably have to be when they had a parade down Main Street and so many people showed up that the game crashed. He he

It was a lot harder back then to earn credits, things cost a lot less though. VMK has come a long way in regards to functionality, it's difficult to remember what it was like before.

I can't believe it's been over 2 years, that's for certain. Something still brings me back though.

• Release the Magic in you!

I joined December 2006, On my B-Day! So glad to acually find somthing new
    VMK was a good memory, won't be forgotten. But just because a games gone does not mean I am

• I embrace my insanity.

I found out about VMK in Downtown Disney from a flyer at a cash register in early February 2006. The rest is history.

• Disney Dreams

I joined in January of '06 - Everest Month. I would have joined much earlier - I had always seen the fliers in Disney World ( the CONTEMPORARY HOTEL is where I saw the flyer that convinced me - who knew? ), but never actually took the time to join.
    I remember being addicted to Haunted Mansion and Fireworks. I remember getting disconnected every 20 minutes - glad that's over, at least! But I miss hanging out with all of you guys all the time too!
    Last edited by WDWGirl; 12-05-2007 at 05:46 PM.

• Call Me Larry (:

I joined during Tron Month of last year..

I remember my friend showing me around the shops so I can get them programed in my console or whatever.

I remember getting mad at her because she wouldn't tell me where to get all the cool outfits.
    xD

I remember thinking the girl cheerleader outfits were so rare. q:
    *Made By Allie.

• marebear_marebear

{Hola Crazy!}

I started on September 28, '05 (I found the first email sent by vmk in the email system thing). Strangely the only thing I remember from when I first started was when we get to name our in-game character.
    And that when I was trying to figure out the game, my sister kept bothering me saying "I wanna play! I WANNA PLAY!!" and my parents tried using my account while I was in the game for her to play but I kept telling them that I was on it in the meantime and she needs a different account.
    I also remember meeting my first friend because she helped me finish the first diver's quest. And meeting another friend maybe a month or so after beginning vmk.
    Anything that I've done [as in gotten banned, warnings or anything of the like] is gone from my memory for reasons I don't know. Maybe 7th grade got me completely stressed because I was doing terrible and I didn't have any friends in my classes/didn't like the teachers?

Lol most of you remember a lot from when you first started!

• More then a member.

I remember during Beta, i had searched for a "Fireworks Game" on google since i was bored. And one of the top results was a disney fireworks game. Thinking it would be fantastic since disney made it, i clicked on it. Then was outraged when i had to sign up and create a whole character and everything just to play the freaking fireworks game. I then realized there was more to this VMK thing. I remember when tomorrowland was just a store, and when frontierland and tommorowland both said "coming soon" and didnt open for a good 5 months at least. Then i stopped playing for about 6 months, started again, then quit for good this summer.
    Take a look at my past signatures and avatars! And maybe some extra stuff! http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...ris221&x=0&y=0

• Minion

Well I found VMK by going to WDW. I saw VMK Central for the past 2 years and I actually went in the last time I was there. So I decided to try it at home one day.

I joined during Pirate Month.

I remember I thought I found a secret spot when I accidently clicked on the dragon

• Yes, I have OCD...

I joined VMK in January of '06. I actually didn't find out about different "instances" in public rooms until a year later.

I remember the limited hairstyles for girls and boys.

I remember when Yavn had a new newsletter every week!

Cute or Boot/Falling Chairs/Modeling were the hot things to do.

I remember blatantly referring to a website by saying .con and telling people to go there for free codes. I didn't even get a warning!

So much more... but that's all for now.
    rosesredrosered: Pianist, singer, DLR Annual Passholder, (Former)VMKer.

• Boogie

Oh yea! Cute or boot and Colors used to be 2 separate games. Cute or boot was when you just changed into any random outfit, and colors was where you changed the color of your outfit. Wow a lot has changed @_@

On vmk from 4 months after opening!~Mangamaniac~Boogie

• IRockYourSocks

I joined In December 06. I guess I found it impossible to get credits then cause I sucked at pirates. Im Still On VMK because its awesome. To be truthful I stink at Haunted Mansion and Jungle Cruise. But Im really good at potc now.
    I remember when Fireworks was remixed.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by rosesredrosered View Post
    I joined VMK in January of '06. I actually didn't find out about different "instances" in public rooms until a year later.
    What do you mean by instances..?

• I am dragon hear me roar!

I joined in December 2005...the week before Christmas. (But my LDE character wasn't created until January 8, 2006 actually.) I joined because a friend needed help finding hidden mickeys and easiest way to do it was to look as well. And there was no turning back after that. Trading was something I got into really quickly and easily.

I remember all the changes that have gone on since then. Learning all the mini-games, meeting many of the staff members and the days before the "papparazzi" and "stockers". Who would have thought a Stitch Hat and Dancing Inferno Pin would define my VMK existence.

I remember no the first or second inferno pin I traded for...but the third. It was the third that started it all. The first one was difficult and took me several months to get. The second was kind of a struggle as well. But the third was quick and after that, the next seven came almost in succession.

• marebear_marebear

Quote Originally Posted by iitsxme View Post
    What do you mean by instances..?
    Instances are found in the 'I' of a public room and say: Instance: North-North-South or another cardinal direction. Instances are the reason why there are more than 1 public room.

When you want to pick an instance, or go into a public room that is empty, you would go to the map and in the lower right hand corner of the map, it says "Advanced Mode". If that is checked off then you click on a public room and a little box pops up showing all the rooms. More mickey ears means more people [and red means queue].

Speaking of the mickey eared rooms, I remember when guest rooms were measured by how many people are in it by 1, 2, 3 yellow or red mickey ears instead of how many people are in each room. I used to tell my friends if their rooms reached red

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast