Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Disney Dreams

Re: Treating Guests Badly? Why?

I have a similar idea to Piinoy's - I always think of some little kid who can barely use the mouse.. kind of stereotypical, but that's me.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Horse-Maniac View Post
    Yes and it is amazing.In my spare time [ Which I dont have alot of ] Ill go to VMK Esplande and ask some guests if they want a tour or have any question.I give the guests a tour,tell them the basics like credit and things and I be there friend so if they have any questions they can ask.

My friend did the " Guest Test " To see how she got treated here were her results:

Day 1:

Guest: Trading Rare!
    Person: You cant trade rare you are a poor guest!
    Guest: But I have some crates and chairs to trade
    Person: Im booting you.

In this example you see a guest,that has not learned the " Rare System " and was obviously told off by an older player.

Day 2:

( POTC Lobby)

Guest: Join my team plz!
    Person:No! That guest is a bad player
    Guest:
    ( Game starts, Guest team wins)
    Guest:Good game
    Person:Bench!

In this exibit you see a jealous older player.

This is one of the many many times we have done the guest test.

The conclusion,We were a guest at one point,it shouldnt matter what your name is
    yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Piinoy View Post
    Wow...
    I dont mind guests that much.. but you have to admit, when you think of a guest.. you always think of a little 6 year old. At least.. thats just me. I don't know why, but thats just what I think when I see a guest.

But I don't treat them like crap like other people.
    Let's use the right term. They treat us like DIRT.

I see them as new, They shouldn't be treated this way.

I dont treat them like crap,I am actually nice to them but yes I think of guests a little bit younger then me.

Quote Originally Posted by WDWGirl View Post
    I have a similar idea to Piinoy's - I always think of some little kid who can barely use the mouse.. kind of stereotypical, but that's me.
    I just see them as new people. But i do kind of see them a bit younger, but you cant see the person playing on a computer who is in your room. Who might be a 120 year old person. You just never know...

^^ Thats alittle extreme in age ROFL
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee
    When someone takes a dump in my bathroom and doesn't turn on the fan, I don't need to prove who crapped. I already know it stinks.

VMK Name:IAnglez

• Minion

^^ Thats alittle extreme in age ROFL
    Yeah, i know
    But really you never know who's on the other side.

• Hola

When I started vmk, I lucked out since someone was there to help me out, they showed me how to do the basic stuff, getting around vmk and earning credits and stuff. I still remember asking why people held hands at the esplanade ( even though they were just standing there, it appeared like they were holding hands )

Anyways, from time to time I go to the esplanade and help guests out. One time I remembered a guest joined a game of pirates, and the game starter said:
    Sorry, no guests aloud.

I said back: That's not nice, how are they going to be able to earn credits and practice playing the game?

She said: If your going to be rude, then don't play the game

Then she booted me

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by fluffdog2 View Post
    When I started vmk, I lucked out since someone was there to help me out, they showed me how to do the basic stuff, getting around vmk and earning credits and stuff. I still remember asking why people held hands at the esplanade ( even though they were just standing there, it appeared like they were holding hands )

Anyways, from time to time I go to the esplanade and help guests out. One time I remembered a guest joined a game of pirates, and the game starter said:
    Sorry, no guests aloud.

I said back: That's not nice, how are they going to be able to earn credits and practice playing the game?

She said: If your going to be rude, then don't play the game

Then she booted me
    well if i had the power.. Lol i wish..
    Im sorry who ever is rude, or not very kind to one another, I would ban them
    They need to stop. Treating guest badly is OUT OF HAND!

Thanks for standing up for them That was really kind of you. You could easily make a new game

• Disney Dreams

Saying ' No guests allowed ' is just LOW, and CHILDISH. I can't believe people start a game with the intention of keeping others out. Then others that can't stand up for themselves just follow the 'peer pressure' and start keeping them out. At my school, I think its terrible when people choose one person to just keep out of everything, and treat them like dirt. It's pretty sad. Whenever I'm at lunch, I don't care if I'm jammed shoulder to shoulder with the people on either side of me, I never like kicking people out at my table, or telling people that they can't sit with us. It's basically the same thing in VMK when people kick others out pirate games with no real reason. Unless I have massive lag ( which I usually do ), I don't boot people out of games. I usually try to keep it to 2 on 2, but if more people come, then more people come.

• vmk rocks!!

i made a new account yesterday to get me some stuff...i went to go play pirates and i sank someone's ship. next round he said
    Him:you stole all my credits
    me:im just playing the game
    Him:well i don't care im rich your not
    Me:thats not nice to say
    him:bench!
    at this point i got really mad...

• Minion

I find if you dress 'poor', you get ignored more. If you dress 'poor' and walk into a trade room then say "Trading Fire walls") or something huge, people will just be like, um do you even have that?

• you can't scare me :D

i remember reading something here on micechat about guests.. (i think it was zaris who said it) but they said that guests were "like freshmen in high school"
    and thats exactly how i see it.
    im not saying i make fun of freshmen or guests, im just saying that a lot of people do see it like that, and make it known.
    formally known as:
    SkateboardP

• ForEverLiveStrong

First of all dont say all old members are mean to all guest. I know personally i treat guest with even more sympathy bc they are new. Even though there are people out there who do that not all ppl are mean.

~Allitalianboy

___ HOST_ForEverLiveStrong

_______ JK LOL

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Allitalianboy View Post
    First of all dont say all old members are mean to all guest. I know personally i treat guest with even more sympathy bc they are new. Even though there are people out there who do that not all ppl are mean.

~Allitalianboy
    I'm not saying all members treat guests badly. I'm saying SOME. I don't even think i said that.. If i did, my apologies.

• Disney Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by iitsxme View Post
    I find if you dress 'poor', you get ignored more. If you dress 'poor' and walk into a trade room then say "Trading Fire walls") or something huge, people will just be like, um do you even have that?
    I believe that!! I've done that many times. I'll dress "ghetto", and wear my NPC pins, and go into a trade room, asking people to trade. About 9 times out of 10, my trade requests will be denied. Then I leave the room, crank out my Minnie Hat or Dream Ears, Brown Cowboy Shirt or Dream Shirt, Cowboy Pants, and Mansion shoes. Then I'll wear my Traveling Stitch Pin, Grand Cali pin, Tiki Room Opens pin, etc. and come back. Suddenly I become the most popular person in the room. I get trade request after trade request - I can't believe it!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WDWGirl View Post
    I believe that!! I've done that many times. I'll dress "ghetto", and wear my NPC pins, and go into a trade room, asking people to trade. About 9 times out of 10, my trade requests will be denied. Then I leave the room, crank out my Minnie Hat or Dream Ears, Brown Cowboy Shirt or Dream Shirt, Cowboy Pants, and Mansion shoes. Then I'll wear my Traveling Stitch Pin, Grand Cali pin, Tiki Room Opens pin, etc. and come back. Suddenly I become the most popular person in the room. I get trade request after trade request - I can't believe it!
    Amazing isnt it.. I tried that once... But not as much stuff you have

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sora123av View Post
    i made a new account yesterday to get me some stuff...i went to go play pirates and i sank someone's ship. next round he said
    Him:you stole all my credits
    me:im just playing the game
    Him:well i don't care im rich your not
    Me:thats not nice to say
    him:bench!
    at this point i got really mad...
    Ugh.. People these days...
    We need to be more like this..

and not..

Ugh.. This will never end

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast