Quote Originally Posted by Vmk_Vmk_Addicted View Post
    Question,
    Why do we treat Guest so badly?
    all i can say is one word:
    Inferiority
    That sums it up ='[
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Call Me Larry (:

Re: Treating Guests Badly? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by whitapino View Post
    i remember reading something here on micechat about guests.. (i think it was zaris who said it) but they said that guests were "like freshmen in high school"
    and thats exactly how i see it.
    im not saying i make fun of freshmen or guests, im just saying that a lot of people do see it like that, and make it known.
    haha. im a freshmen.
    but my school is different.. we get treated like royalty since we're younger than everyone. rofl.

but uhm.. i get your point.
    its pretty much saying that guests are at the bottom of the foodchain. like freshies.
    *Made By Allie.

• the Happy Guy

Smile Re: Treating Guests Badly? Why?

I feel very strongly about this..guests new to vmk are looking for a new experience in the magic kingdom,
    this stuff is just virtual but it is a sytem of hierarchey
    and virtual commerse
    but there is stuff that is worth nothing to us that new players have no clue about, a little good will, will make their day
    ( I must admit all beggers make me annoyed to a certain extent, but truly new players..if indeed they are, deserve a little attention to make sure they get a good feel about the VMK community)

I Have Even created a new Welcome desk for new Guests (any ideas for this oreintation center will be appreaciated) its not like help but more about what you really need to know as a newbe in VMK, I think we should be responsible examples in the happiest place on (virtual ) earth and try to feel good about helping others become great VMK Players - and haveyou checked Yourself Lately?!!
    Last edited by Psycomann; 12-17-2007 at 10:28 PM. Reason: california loves the cheese
    No Mission is Impossible!

• I am number 4 of 999

I don't understand how they know about taken as soon as they start the game...
    otherwise, I'm not mean to "Guests" at all. That doesn't make any sense to me.
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Psycomann View Post
    I feel very strongly about this..guests new to vmk are looking for a new experience in the magic kingdom,
    this stuff is just virtual but it is a sytem of hierarchey
    and virtual commerse
    but there is stuff that is worth nothing to us that new players have no clue about, a little good will, will make their day
    ( I must admit all beggers make me annoyed to a certain extent, but truly new players..if indeed they are, deserve a little attention to make sure they get a good feel about the VMK community)

I Have Even created a new Welcome desk for new Guests (any ideas for this oreintation center will be appreaciated) its not like help but more about what you really need to know as a newbe in VMK, I think we should be responsible examples in the happiest place on (virtual ) earth and try to feel good about helping others become great VMK Players - and haveyou checked Yourself Lately?!!
    Thanks for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by ghosty4 View Post
    I don't understand how they know about taken as soon as they start the game...
    otherwise, I'm not mean to "Guests" at all. That doesn't make any sense to me.
    Yeah.. I'm not really sure about that either.

• marebear_marebear

I guess this could go hand in hand with the bully stuff. As in no self-confidence in themselves and they try to make themselves more "powerful" by picking on 'younger' kids; guests in this case. [And, boy, do I know that is true!]

When I first started, there weren't people being mean to guests. Well, as many as there are now. I made a few friends while being a guest and I'm still friends with about one or two of them. Most helped with the diving and car quests, answering a few seconds after you asked a question. I made my first friend on VMK that way...

People nowadays are much ruder, in my opinion. In pirates, for example, It's just a game! No need to bring out cursing, thank you. There are actually younger kids that play VMK that don't need the influence of potty mouths. Kids like my younger sister, perhaps.

Some of the people being mean now had gotten rudeness when they were guests. In their minds, what goes around comes around. That's why they make fun of guests because they think that is right! Revenge isn't ok in this case, you're just being a cyber-bully! Also, they rank themselves as "part of a higher salt". Or, that they are better. So what if you have been playing since September? They are like you were when you first started VMK, excited in what is in store to come, eager to experience the magic ahead, and confused as to which button goes where. Guests need your guidence and by refusing to help them or ridicule them you are not helping.

If you are someone who be mean to guests, abide by the golden rule:
    Do unto others what you want others to do unto you.

*** This is all in my opinion. Not everyone is rude/mean to guests but there are people out there that are. Remember: It's cyber-bullying and could be hurting lives you don't know!
    Last edited by marebear0620; 12-18-2007 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Spelling Errors :)

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by marebear0620 View Post
    I guess this could go hand in hand with the bully stuff. As in no self-confidence in themselves and they try to make themselves more "powerful" by picking on 'younger' kids; guests in this case. [And, boy, do I know that is true!]

When I first started, there weren't people being mean to guests. Well, as many as there are now. I made a few friends while being a guest and I'm still friends with about one or two of them. Most helped with the diving and car quests, answering a few seconds after you asked a question. I made my first friend on VMK that way...

People nowadays are much ruder, in my opinion. In pirates, for example, It's just a game! No need to bring out cursing, thank you. There are actually younger kids that play VMK that don't need the influence of potty mouths. Kids like my younger sister, perhaps.

Some of the people being mean now had gotten rudeness when they were guests. In their minds, what goes around comes around. That's why they make fun of guests because they think that is right! Revenge isn't ok in this case, you're just being a cyber-bully! Also, they rank themselves as "part of a higher salt". Or, that they are better. So what if you have been playing since September? They are like you were when you first started VMK, excited in what is in store to come, eager to experience the magic ahead, and confused as to which button goes where. Guests need your guidence and by refusing to help them or ridicule them you are not helping.

If you are someone who be mean to guests, abide by the golden rule:
    Do unto others what you want others to do unto you.

*** This is all in my opinion. Not everyone is rude/mean to guests but there are people out there that are. Remember: It's cyber-bullying and could be hurting lives you don't know!
    Yup, Thanks for your opinion!

Great point

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123