Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Minion

Question Treating Guests Badly? Why?

Question,
    Why do we treat Guest so badly?

Why cant people understand They are NEW to the game, the DONT understand as much.

Yes, they say some things that tempt us to boot, but face it, WE ARE PEOPLE!!

You hear "Can i have some FREE please?"
    Your Answer: Boot, or say " No! Get away from me!'

Also, Last but not lease, TAKEN. Yes, it drives us all Bonkers, But face it we can't do ANYTHING to stop it, If you do have a problem tell them to not do it in your room, Dont start Yelling at them.

Old Members Treat NEW members HORRIBLY!!

I made a new account, and tried this out:

I got scammed 2 times, Yes i did allow this to happen, since i wanted to test and see if this would happen.

Come on! I'm getting SICK of People Treating Guests Horribly..

Just needed to kind of get my anger out... Lol

Thanks,
    Sleepy

• String Theory q:

Re: Treating Guests Badly? Why?

I agree.. Guests are not treated as nice as they could bey. Why do people lecture them so much if that guest wants to have some free? It's confusing! Here is a conversation with me and a guest:

Guest: Hello can i have your hat?
    Me: My tron hat? I can trade you for it.
    Guest: OK.
    - Guest puts up some stuff -
    Me: Well, in VMK there is a rare system. Sorry, but you can buy the hat at the Space store.
    - guest closes the window -

So, I know that people have like no time for this, but I definately felt good while directing a Guest!

Another thing is that new VMK characters from the parks get all this rare goods at the parks only to be cheated out of it for price and value. It's really weird.. The newbies dont know the value of it and sadly trade it for something like a crate. If only these players knew the value of their stuff, I know that most wouldn't trade.

Thanks to Mihawk, Piinoy, cyre, Midien, dance, uhm.. and alot of people!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by KangarooPocket View Post
    I agree.. Guests are not treated as nice as they could bey. Why do people lecture them so much if that guest wants to have some free? It's confusing! Here is a conversation with me and a guest:

Guest: Hello can i have your hat?
    Me: My tron hat? I can trade you for it.
    Guest: OK.
    - Guest puts up some stuff -
    Me: Well, in VMK there is a rare system. Sorry, but you can buy the hat at the Space store.
    - guest closes the window -

So, I know that people have like no time for this, but I definately felt good while directing a Guest!

Another thing is that new VMK characters from the parks get all this rare goods at the parks only to be cheated out of it for price and value. It's really weird.. The newbies dont know the value of it and sadly trade it for something like a crate. If only these players knew the value of their stuff, I know that most wouldn't trade.
    Yeah, directing a guest is fine, Im talking about literally YELLING at them. Its not really fair how People treat them. Its finally time for someone to stand up for them..

• I was deleted.

Maybe that's why I don't trade...

oh and I gave out stuff a few weeks ago like I was the Good Will. It was Pirates 2 stuff. They didn't mind.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    Maybe that's why I don't trade...

oh and I gave out stuff a few weeks ago like I was the Good Will. It was Pirates 2 stuff. They didn't mind.
    Lol, yeah i dont really trade either. Not as much as i used to.

Well guests just "Love" the free. When they want more, they create a new account and enter the same room.

Thats why i dont give free anymore....

• Minion

Ehh, Dont Even Start On Taken.. I Think All HOST_ Quests That Say Go To Espade ( or w/e its called ) should be changed.. ESPADE = THE WORST PLACE EVER BC = Its The Biggest TAKEN place ever. it drives me nuts.

• Disney Dreams

I must honestly say, guest treatment has gotten WORSE since I first started. Maybe it was just MY experience, but when I first joined VMK, which was back in Everest Month ( February '06 ), I was treated wonderfully. Any time I had a question about a quest, a room, anything - I was answered on the spot. I remember being shown around the Big Thunder Maze to get to Tom Sawyer's Island, and the person just taking all this time to show me around. I got a great first impression of the game, and it made me love it even more. Of course, I would encounter rude people now and again, but that's life. I try to be nice to guests, and join their team in pirates, stuff like that. Nowadays though, guests are treated like crap. I can't believe the attitude change when people are talking to guests as opposed to people with inferno, stitch, etc. It's almost as if people believe that they're "higher" than guests, just because guests are new. Whenever I used to make new accounts in WDW, I remember my new characters being treated like DIRT, and then if I'd join a game of pirates, everyone would join the other side and make rude remarks like, "I'm not joining with the guest!!" or "Don't join that guest's team!!", and Heaven forbid I win the game without getting snippy remarks like, "Lose.her!", "Bench!", or the ever popular "Cheater!!"

The attitude change is amazing, isn't it?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WDWGirl View Post
    I must honestly say, guest treatment has gotten WORSE since I first started. Maybe it was just MY experience, but when I first joined VMK, which was back in Everest Month ( February '06 ), I was treated wonderfully. Any time I had a question about a quest, a room, anything - I was answered on the spot. I remember being shown around the Big Thunder Maze to get to Tom Sawyer's Island, and the person just taking all this time to show me around. I got a great first impression of the game, and it made me love it even more. Of course, I would encounter rude people now and again, but that's life. I try to be nice to guests, and join their team in pirates, stuff like that. Nowadays though, guests are treated like crap. I can't believe the attitude change when people are talking to guests as opposed to people with inferno, stitch, etc. It's almost as if people believe that they're "higher" than guests, just because guests are new. Whenever I used to make new accounts in WDW, I remember my new characters being treated like DIRT, and then if I'd join a game of pirates, everyone would join the other side and make rude remarks like, "I'm not joining with the guest!!" or "Don't join that guest's team!!", and Heaven forbid I win the game without getting snippy remarks like, "Lose.her!", "Bench!", or the ever popular "Cheater!!"

Amazing isn't it? Like you said, People treat others like DIRT, because they think they are "Higher" than everyone. Whenever i am i guest, I do the opposite. Not saying i treat them like dirt, just making them feel what it does.

Last Night i made a knew account, here is my convosation
    Them: Great, a guest is in the room!
    Me: Excuse me, Please be respectful.
    Them: Why would i be respectful to a guest?!
    Me: We are both People. Why are you treating me so badly?
    Them: Oh, i'm sorry.

• Disney Dreams

Was that a sarcastic, "oh, I'm sorry."?

• Minion

Was that a sarcastic, "oh, I'm sorry."?
    Pretty much -_-

• Disney Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Vmk_Vmk_Addicted View Post
    Pretty much -_-
    man, people are jerks, seriously.

• Minion

man, people are jerks, seriously.
    Yup...

Yes and it is amazing.In my spare time [ Which I dont have alot of ] Ill go to VMK Esplande and ask some guests if they want a tour or have any question.I give the guests a tour,tell them the basics like credit and things and I be there friend so if they have any questions they can ask.

My friend did the " Guest Test " To see how she got treated here were her results:

Day 1:

Guest: Trading Rare!
    Person: You cant trade rare you are a poor guest!
    Guest: But I have some crates and chairs to trade
    Person: Im booting you.

In this example you see a guest,that has not learned the " Rare System " and was obviously told off by an older player.

Day 2:

( POTC Lobby)

Guest: Join my team plz!
    Person:No! That guest is a bad player
    Guest:
    ( Game starts, Guest team wins)
    Guest:Good game
    Person:Bench!

In this exibit you see a jealous older player.

This is one of the many many times we have done the guest test.

The conclusion,We were a guest at one point,it shouldnt matter what your name is
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee
    When someone takes a dump in my bathroom and doesn't turn on the fan, I don't need to prove who crapped. I already know it stinks.

VMK Name:IAnglez

• Call Me Larry (:

Wow...
    I dont mind guests that much.. but you have to admit, when you think of a guest.. you always think of a little 6 year old. At least.. thats just me. I don't know why, but thats just what I think when I see a guest.

But I don't treat them like crap like other people.
    *Made By Allie.

I dont treat them like crap,I am actually nice to them but yes I think of guests a little bit younger then me.
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee
    When someone takes a dump in my bathroom and doesn't turn on the fan, I don't need to prove who crapped. I already know it stinks.

VMK Name:IAnglez

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast