• boo.

Santa slimming down?!

Have any of you all heard about them making Santa slim down because he's a BIG influance on kids and they are trying to make him not eat cookies and stuff. I mean sesame street with cookiemonster eating healthy was disapointing, but now santa?! And animal rights activists are saying it's cruelty to animals for the raindeers to pull all that weight all night from house to house and it's a bad influence.

This Political correctness is becoming absurd. Why can't you weirdos get over it and if you celebrate kwanza, YAY FOR FLIPPING YOU! SAY IT! If you celebrate christmas, say it. If you celebrate nothing, say it. say happy winter break. WHATEVER! What happened to old fashion respect others religions and they'll respect yours? What happened to freedom of expression? Setting up santas on your lawn or outside stores shouldn't be offensive. It's not hurting anyone, and if it is, they need serious help and a backbone.

Kids aren't feeding themselfs. It's the parents jobs to influence them to be active and eat healthy. Leaving it up to the media influence them is just plain lazy.

Well that's my opinion, what's yours?

^Thankye Con!! ^

• I embrace my insanity.

Re: Santa slimming down?!

A little off topic but still on the same road... Apparently they're trying to get rid of "Ho, ho, ho!" because it offended someone! () So now Santa has to say "Ha, ha, ha!"

And as far as kids being influenced who want to be fat like Santa... BS. Nobody goes, "OMG Santa's so jolly and round. I wanna be JUST like him!"

And, last time I checked, the reindeer were magical. That's how they do it. There is no question about the effects of mass/gravity/weight/etc.! They just do it!

• String Theory q:

Wow Well, I agree. That is plain lazy to let the media influence people. I guess, you could think that it's cruel for reindeers to pull Santa's sleigh, but if you acknowledge that this is kind of imaginary plus reindeers and that you shouldnt do that reindeers, I find it okay.

And.. Respect others and their beliefs! Plus, talk to people who need help sorting out their lives and try to set them on the right path! Dont let yourself be too much influenced by the media! With that, I think you will be OK!

Thanks to Mihawk, Piinoy, cyre, Midien, dance, uhm.. and alot of people!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dance_is_life View Post
    A little off topic but still on the same road... Apparently they're trying to get rid of "Ho, ho, ho!" because it offended someone! () So now Santa has to say "Ha, ha, ha!"
    Yup I heard that.
    &&
    I heard they're only doing this in Austrailia or something.
    &&
    I also heard they are adding a Vegie Monster on Sesamee street

• Call Me Larry (:

Quote Originally Posted by wookiegirl View Post
    And animal rights activists are saying it's cruelty to animals for the raindeers to pull all that weight all night from house to house and it's a bad influence.
    Do you realize how stupid that sounds? 'THATS CRUELTY FOR MAKE BELIEVE REINDEERS TO BE PULLING MAKE BELIEVE SANTA AROUND'
    Are these activists like kids? I mean.. seriously, what the heck!!

What if people started complaining and saying that Christmas is teaching kids you can break into houses only if you go down the chimney. -.-'

And I heard.. that some public schools are not only not allowed to mention Christmas... they aren't allowed to mention the 'holiday' in general. They cant meantion santa, reindeer.. they cant even wear red and green together anymore. Because its so 'against' some religions.
    I mean.. COME ON.

America has now gone an all time low.
    *Made By Allie.

• q:-)

I think it's pretty crazy myself. Some schools can't put up any decorations pertaining to specific winter holidays (like a santa hat on a snowman, or even cardboard cutouts to hang on the walls).

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by blumacara View Post
    I think it's pretty crazy myself. Some schools can't put up any decorations pertaining to specific winter holidays (like a santa hat on a snowman, or even cardboard cutouts to hang on the walls).
    Why not santa and a jewish star or something like that..?

• Yes, I have OCD...

Okay, I heard about the Cookie Monster eating healthy foods, and thought it was stupid.

Animal rights activists thing - What the heck...it's fake for crying out loud. Plus, do you really think kids care about the weight that reindeers are pulling? I mean, it's their presents...

About the whole "Christmas" issue...

I am Christian and take little to no offense to the "Happy Holidays" greeting. However, 90% of the population celebrates it... so why must we take down decorations that symbolize it. I am not offended at all by a menorah, but why is a Christmas tree "bad"? It's not even related to the real meaning of Christmas.

Well, I need to go to sleep. I would write a lot more, but...
    rosesredrosered: Pianist, singer, DLR Annual Passholder, (Former)VMKer.

• KING OF CABMF'S

sorry, i cant stop laughing!
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    making santa slim.
    that's hilarious!
    santa's been fat since the dawn of time.
    i am guessing this was an idea from the president?
    and are you kidding me that the reindeer are under animal cruelty???
    my god, people are so weird.
    and sweety, it's magic reindeer.
    what is santa going to use to get all over the world in one night? elves? pet rocks? his porsche?
    ooh! i know! let's let the tard who thinks it's animal cruelty pull the sleigh all over the world!
    and why doesn't the corporation who wants santa skinny just go to the north pole and forcefeed him those alli pills?
    then buy him the ab lounge and make him watch re-runs of 'Hey Paula' until he reaches 100000 crunches.
    Hahahahahah!
    i would pay to watch this =]
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• q:-)

Quote Originally Posted by iitsxme View Post
    Why not santa and a jewish star or something like that..?
    Dunno. I guess it "wouldn't be fair to those who don't celebrate Christmas or Hannukah". Beats me.
    It's also for liability tho. Putting up specific decorations could allow for complaints. :-l

• Disney Dreams

Wow. When I first read this, I thought it was gonna be a joke. People are SERIOUSLY complaining about Santa's WEIGHT??? Oh gosh... I can't imagine a tall, slim Santa - I like jolly ol' chubby St. Nick, and if Santa is suddenly going to become the scapegoat for why kids are eating more and becoming obese, it's because no one can actually find the real cause. People nowadays are only looking for a way to suck the fun out of everything, now including Christmas.
    And on the subject of the Reindeer - GIVE ME A BREAK. Oh yea, I'm a little 6 year old and I care about how much weight+mass, divided by the force of gravity, times..... yea yea, give me a break. I love animals, but come on - what other animals, besides birds, etc., actually FLY to begin with?? Explain that. Oh, and how come one of the reindeer's noses is red?? I agree with Dance.i.oh - they're MAGICAL, that's what I was told..
    On the topic of the decorations - that is STUPID!!! I'm a Catholic who celebrates Christmas, and I would never be offended at the sight of a house that is decorated with menorahs, jewish stars, etc. For me, this goes right along with "Freedom of Speech". If you celebrate a certain holiday, or follow a certain religion, you shouldn't be punished for decorating for that holiday. So you're telling me that if I put a Nativity set on my front lawn, that they're gonna come arrest me? Wow. America must have nothing else to do.

--- Maybe this year, things are different, but when I visited WDW last year for Christmas, I saw a big, bright Nativity set somewhere in the big "Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights", and not too far away, was a jewish star and menorah. No one complained to my knowledge, and it stayed up quite a while.---
    Can't we all just get along??

• Bionic Village Babe/RCMC

Jesus. That's all i can say. This is absolutely ridiculous. People need some serious help.

Bionic Village Babe of the RCMC
    "Wisdom is knowing what you don't know" - Socrates

• KING OF CABMF'S

uhm.
    i think making santa look like an abercrombie model is a worse influence on kids than if he was fat
    making him a abercrombie stud wont make kids want to be skinny
    get real george bush.
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Ima Dude!

this stuff is just plain stupid. First of all, why should adults tell the kids that so called "Santa" brings their gifts when everybody is sleeping. They should have never started this even though it brings a lot of holiday cheer and what not. When the little kids find out that the fat man, or now skinny man, is fake, their bite sized hearts will be crushed. Plus, the fact that santa is going skinny is just plain ridiculous. I mean really, if people want their children to still believe in Santa, why are the people changing Santa's characteristics. Do they just want to give away the fact that Santa's a fake?!?!

• Kingdom of Hearts fan

I am agree I saw on the news it is so stupid it would not be Santa if he was thin. He needs his jolly round belly to make him who he is.
    [IMG]http://icons.*************/514/ICONATOR_de7b290a0c3915e35a16a8ab5d4e544a.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://icons.*************/259/ICONATOR_194a1c883986349aff9674f0d9077ab0.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://icons.*************/575/ICONATOR_039130bc0c3b3841b10db725f80eca1c.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://icons.*************/795/ICONATOR_41e34e05bf839bc35ba4ce99e26f9f8d.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://icons.*************/396/ICONATOR_ab0971c5efb9741b3ff7557eacfc150b.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://icons.*************/840/ICONATOR_ac22b322dcb5a576334139d209835131.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://icons.*************/112/ICONATOR_8c22cacc69f7bd6eb3437941c2fb1f18.gif[/IMG]