View Poll Results: Is it rude to boot in pirates?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes of course! Super rude!

5 14.29%
  • No! It's not rude

30 85.71%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Call Me Larry (:

Re: Is it rude to boot people from pirates?

This is what I hate the most.

You join a game.. and there needs to be like 1 more person to join, right? And you wait there for like.. 5 minutes to get one person to join.
    And when a person joins.. another person joins to make it uneven.
    And the owner decides to boot YOU! The person who has been waiting for 5 minutes.
    Then they start.
    And you're left there going.. what.. the.. heck.
    *Made By Allie.

• Disney Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Piinoy View Post
    This is what I hate the most.

You join a game.. and there needs to be like 1 more person to join, right? And you wait there for like.. 5 minutes to get one person to join.
    And when a person joins.. another person joins to make it uneven.
    And the owner decides to boot YOU! The person who has been waiting for 5 minutes.
    Then they start.
    And you're left there going.. what.. the.. heck.
    I completely know what you're talking about. That's why, unless its with my friends, I ALWAYS start the game, so I know that I'll be in it

I really am getting annoyed with the constant remarks and report threats I get, and it's really over something STUPID. If I boot someone from a game, they can very easily join another or start their own. I'm not keep them from playing the game, just keeping them from playing in mine. Seriously people need to grow up.

• Minion

It's not rude if you boot unless you boot a guest or a specific person. I boot just because I get so much lag if I'm playing more than 2 on 2. But I always like playing with my friends. So that's an exception.

• Disney Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by iitsxme View Post
    It's not rude if you boot unless you boot a guest or a specific person. I boot just because I get so much lag if I'm playing more than 2 on 2. But I always like playing with my friends. So that's an exception.
    That's the exact same viewpoint I have. I would never boot one specific person ( for the reason of being a guest, etc. ), but I always prefer a 2 on 2 game for the lag. MC friends ( or VMK friends ) are the only ones I make exceptions for.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

In opinion - people should be asked to leave if it is a friends only game but if they refuse to leave then in some cases I believe it would be ok to boot them.
    Booting for no reason is really childish though.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• 333: I'm only half evil!!

Blog Entries

I say tell them first that you're playing friends only or 2 vs. 2 and give them the option to leave. Then if they don't just boot them.
    AP Holder.
    Stay at home mom of 4 - Austin, Tyler, Sierra and Ashlyn.

• RAWRR(:

I feel like the purpose for booting from a game is to avoid lag. Different people's computers can handle different amounts. I can I have like 3 on each team with it being just a little slow. But in pirates and mansion if it's a full game, mostly pirates though, I have horrible lag. I hate when people boot in mansion more though. It gets to me they say i want three on each team, so i join their team and than they boot the 2/3 from their team and go against 3 people so it gives them more ghosts to even out. Well I guess they all have a reason to boot someone esp. if the person keeps joining.

• Roller Coaster Aficionado

Quote Originally Posted by ineedafriend View Post
    The only time I find it rude is when you target specific people to boot, such as guests or players better than you.
    Players better than me?!?! The only player I know that is better than me is ineedafriend.

• Never give in.

I only do games two on two unless it's TOTALLY necessary to have more. If I have extra people, I usually boot them to avoid major lag. Like everyone else said, it's really annoying when you boot them and they keep joining again! Then their like " stop booting me.. I'm reporting you! "
    ♥ "Don't care about all the pain in front of me
    'Cause I'm just trying to be happy." ♥

• Minion

Now I have a question. What if you join a game and a guest moves onto your team? Do you let it be, or do you switch?

• Disney Dreams

Now I have a question. What if you join a game and a guest moves onto your team? Do you let it be, or do you switch?
    If a guest joins, I leave them be. There's NO reason to boot them - how will they ever learn how to play if no one lets them? A few days ago, I had a guest on my team who had no idea how to play. Didn't know how to move, shoot, nothing. So I was helping them out and telling them "use the arrow keys to shoot", "click to move around", etc., and all the while - the other team is making snippy little remarks like, "Aww, poor little guest.i can't play - muahaha" or "Guest is dumbo. We should have boot..". Really people have reached an all time low in this world. ( at least in VMK! )

• RAWRR(:

Quote Originally Posted by WDWGirl View Post
    If a guest joins, I leave them be. There's NO reason to boot them - how will they ever learn how to play if no one lets them? A few days ago, I had a guest on my team who had no idea how to play. Didn't know how to move, shoot, nothing. So I was helping them out and telling them "use the arrow keys to shoot", "click to move around", etc., and all the while - the other team is making snippy little remarks like, "Aww, poor little guest.i can't play - muahaha" or "Guest is dumbo. We should have boot..". Really people have reached an all time low in this world. ( at least in VMK! )
    Wow, I'm sorry that's just rude that they would even say that.
    Like I remember being a guest it was hard. I didn't know how to do much.
    And when I would ask for help all that happened was I got yelled at.

• Call Me Larry (:

When a guest joins my team.. I actually like it. I don't mean to sound rude or anything.. but it's kinda funny because if my team wins, the other team get's all mad because the team with the guest beat them. [:

So I take joy in that. xD
    *Made By Allie.

• I embrace my insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by ineedafriend View Post
    It's not rude. The boot button is there for a reason. The only time I find it rude is when you target specific people to boot, such as guests or players better than you.
    My words exactly. It's not like the person booting you just doesn't like you, so you shouldn't be offended. Unless, like what's already been said, the person targeted you because you don't meet their standards.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Piinoy View Post
    When a guest joins my team.. I actually like it. I don't mean to sound rude or anything.. but it's kinda funny because if my team wins, the other team get's all mad because the team with the guest beat them. [:

So I take joy in that. xD
    I'm almost with you on that one Larry XD. I like guests on my team because, well if they are unexperienced, then you get to shoot both ships down yourself and get all the credits LOL.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast