• Circle of Ancients

So when is Disney going to come out with a "Build Your Own Magic Kingdom"?

For years people have desperately tried to recreate Disneyland park with Roller Coaster Tycoon in all of its versions. My question is when is Disney going to cash in on their parks and rides with a PC game? I've been waiting for years. They came out with their own "Build Your Own Coaster" a few years back, but I haven't seen anything even related to an official "Build Your Own Disney Resort". Wouldn't this be a good investment on Disney's part?

• I'll pencil this in later

Re: So when is Disney going to come out with a "Build Your Own Magic Kingdom"?

I have been thinking about that for some time now too.. I think this would be a good investment for disney, and I'm suprised they haven't done so already.

• BATTLE COMBINER!

In this one roller coaster maker, you could use disneyland stuff.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Inanimate View Post
    In this one roller coaster maker, you could use disneyland stuff.
    True, but I mean it wasn't anything spectacular. That was about five years ago. They could do so much more.

• Disneyland is your land.

I'd love to see something like this, but for my personal tastes I'd like to see like a realistic Disneyland simulator. Just my personal tastes I know! Disney does have the VMK but it would be so cool to have something like RCT Disney Edition!
    Class of 2005...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

I so agree with this--you could have Disney sponsored competions too, where you are to create the newest dark ride and such.

Good idea!

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

I know. I've been wondering about that since the first Roller Coaster Tycoon and Ultimate Ride/Disney Coaster games.

I always thought it would be so cool if Disney could team up with Roller Coaster Tycoon just as Six Flags and Hershey's did. But it doesn't even seem like they are coming out with another RCT anytime soon.

You would think Disney would go ahead with it since so many people would love it.

• Minion

Honestly, I don't think Disney has the talent to make a successful product like this. To date, the best and most successful game BVG has put out is Kingdom Hearts I & II, and that was due a lot more to Square than Disney...

• Rides against injustice

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Yeti View Post
    I know. I've been wondering about that since the first Roller Coaster Tycoon and Ultimate Ride/Disney Coaster games.

I always thought it would be so cool if Disney could team up with Roller Coaster Tycoon just as Six Flags and Hershey's did. But it doesn't even seem like they are coming out with another RCT anytime soon.

You would think Disney would go ahead with it since so many people would love it.
    I was thinking the same thing. Maybe Disney could license their product to the company that makes RCT and have them develop the game like they did with Six Flags. I would love to build my own "Magic Kingdom"
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I've always wanted a game like that!

VMK allows you to build your own ride and such, but you still end up being rather limited. I'd like to ride my attraction from a POV, be able to change speeds, and the like.

• BATTLE COMBINER!

Well, with the one I was thinking about, you could do that.

It was quite fun.

All it would actually take though, is some modding of existing games. Like RCT.