• I embrace my insanity.

SFHS Marching Band Show 2007 - Cirque du Soleil

SOMEONE FINALLY PUT UP A VIDEO OF OUR MARCHING SHOW!
    Excuse the obnoxious people in the background.
    As far as which one is me, I'm all over the field so you can't exactly keep track since it isn't an aerial view. It would look so much better if the person was taking the video from higher up in the bleachers, but hey, I'll take what I can get. This was our very last performance, against our rival school who you can see in the blue and gold sitting by the edge of the field. If you can see the visuals we do... in the first song, we start out with random sounds from the pit while we act lost (it's part of the show theme), and then we freeze for the trumpet calls. We do a lean when we hold the note before the quiet woodwind part in the end. The second song forms a triangle the second time we play the repeating bit (you can't see me since I'm all the way on the right near the top of the triangle), and at the end of the second song when we form the rectangle, everyone does a Michael Jackson and leans with our instruments pointing towards our hats. Then we do a wave to stand back up, which you can't really see. The third song (the slow one) doesn't have any visuals since we couldn't master the last-minute ones they tried to add in. There's a trumpet duet in it, that's when it's all quiet and you can only hear the melody in the background since they're over to the right a bit. Now the fourth song is everyone's absolute favorite since it's so powerful, fun to play, and we were great at it. That one has some horn pops (as well as the first one, forgot to mention that); you can tell when there's a horn pop when everything suddenly gets five times louder. When it gets quiet we're actually singing the melody. The drumline was amazing for the fourth one, and without telling anyone they put baby powder on their drums, which went EVERYWHERE. Sadly, the alto saxes had to march right through the baby powder... that wasn't fun since we had absolutely no idea what was going on ( Imagine us all in the middle of playing choking and wearing expressions on our faces that said "WTF? IS THE FIELD ON FIRE?!"). In the very end of the song, everyone lines up single file for the last note, which took forever to master. If you couldn't tell, what we shout at the end is "With pride!", because the band is called "Spirit and Pride Marching Band" for unknown reasons (I personally don't like it, but whatever, knowing you just did an amazing show, lined up with everyone in front of the crowd and your rivals shouting those words, you get this indescribable adrenaline rush).
    So here it is! SFHS Marching Band 2007, Cirque du Soleil!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<a hr...VL86RBpISg</a>

Oh, and the drum major on the left is Rachel!! For some of the time she's at different parts of the field for people facing different ways.

• UNC 32-2 ACC Champions

Re: SFHS Marching Band Show 2007 - Cirque du Soleil

Cool! WAY better than what our little band could pull off... Is your school 4A or 5A? Also, which sax do you play? I play tenor and alto, and I'm trying barry... But it's not treating me too well :\

Btw, our school is 2A

• I embrace my insanity.

Haha thanks! We're 4A. Alto, the best kind ^_^ Oh wow 2A that's tiny!

• UNC 32-2 ACC Champions

We're a private school 14 ppl in our Middle School concert band, and about 25 in High School Jazz band

• I embrace my insanity.

Oh wow

• UNC 32-2 ACC Champions

Yeah... The sadist thing is that I had to switch to tenor because there were 6 Altos... And now that I'm playing tenor I play a mix of Trumpet, Flute, Trombone, and Tenor parts.... Really annoying because the director has to write individual pieces for me for each song

• String Theory q:

Ah. That seems tough ^

I could never march out like that and blow my heart out in an instrument! I play the drums, but I have so much stage fright. Great that you pulled it off!

Thanks to Mihawk, Piinoy, cyre, Midien, dance, uhm.. and alot of people!

• Bionic Village Babe/RCMC

Niiiiiice Becca!

Bionic Village Babe of the RCMC
    "Wisdom is knowing what you don't know" - Socrates