Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Hola

Re: The Riddle thread!

Yep you're right

Here is long riddle:

Three friends check into a motel for the night and the clerk tells them the bill is $30, payable in advance. So, they each pay the clerk $10 and go to their room. A few minutes later, the clerk realizes he has made an error and overcharged the trio by $5. He asks the bellhop to return $5 to the 3 friends who had just checked in. The bellhop sees this as an opportunity to make $2 as he reasons that the three friends would have a tough time dividing $5 evenly among them; so he decides to tell them that the clerk made a mistake of only $3, giving a dollar back to each of the friends. He pockets the leftover $2 and goes home for the day! Now, each of the three friends gets a dollar back, thus they each paid $9 for the room which is a total of $27 for the night. We know the bellhop pocketed $2 and adding that to the $27, you get $29, not $30 which was originally spent. Where did the other dollar go????

• String Theory q:

Quote Originally Posted by fluffdog2 View Post
    Yep you're right

Here is long riddle:

Three friends check into a motel for the night and the clerk tells them the bill is $30, payable in advance. So, they each pay the clerk $10 and go to their room. A few minutes later, the clerk realizes he has made an error and overcharged the trio by $5. He asks the bellhop to return $5 to the 3 friends who had just checked in. The bellhop sees this as an opportunity to make $2 as he reasons that the three friends would have a tough time dividing $5 evenly among them; so he decides to tell them that the clerk made a mistake of only $3, giving a dollar back to each of the friends. He pockets the leftover $2 and goes home for the day! Now, each of the three friends gets a dollar back, thus they each paid $9 for the room which is a total of $27 for the night. We know the bellhop pocketed $2 and adding that to the $27, you get $29, not $30 which was originally spent. Where did the other dollar go????
    Lets see..

30 Dollars from the trio.
    25$ is only needed for the stay
    Bellhop delivers 5$ to trio, but keeps 2$ so that each of the trio gets a dollar.

^ However, each of them didn't pay 9$ for the room! 25$ was needed for the room! 25 divided by three will give you 8.3333333333333... So, there is no other dollar.

25$ to Motel
    1$ for each of the trio
    2$ for the bellhop

Is the question impossible or am I right?

Edit: Wait! It's not impossible! It's the $2 that the bellhop pocketed is the same $2 that makes the room cost $27 instead of $25! It's the bellhop! The bellhop! That's why I thought it was impossible!! All you have to do is add the three dollars the trio payed to the 27$ and it sums up! Ah! I get it!
    Last edited by KangarooPocket; 02-20-2008 at 06:41 PM.

Thanks to Mihawk, Piinoy, cyre, Midien, dance, uhm.. and alot of people!

• CRCDL HNTR

I got the funniest (kinda silly) riddle yet :

What's brown and sounds like a bell?

LOL Guess! Found it in the Internet and laughed crazily!

PANIC! INCOGNITO IS THE BEST BAND EVER IN VMK.
    (LOGO COMING SOON)

ya but you get 27 from 30 by subtracting what the bellhop took, subtract the 3 dollars given to the friends and you get 25 the real price for the night
    this is confusing???????

• Hola

Quote Originally Posted by KangarooPocket View Post
    Lets see..

30 Dollars from the trio.
    25$ is only needed for the stay
    Bellhop delivers 5$ to trio, but keeps 2$ so that each of the trio gets a dollar.

^ However, each of them didn't pay 9$ for the room! 25$ was needed for the room! 25 divided by three will give you 8.3333333333333... So, there is no other dollar.

25$ to Motel
    1$ for each of the trio
    2$ for the bellhop

Is the question impossible or am I right?

Edit: Wait! It's not impossible! It's the $2 that the bellhop pocketed is the same $2 that makes the room cost $27 instead of $25! It's the bellhop! The bellhop! That's why I thought it was impossible!! All you have to do is add the three dollars the trio payed to the 27$ and it sums up! Ah! I get it!
    You figured it out

• PeteMURRayZ-pete

lim gonna some really old ones:
    1. you have two coins and 30 cents over all. one of them isnt a nickel. what are the two coins?
    2. a rooster lays an egg on a pyramid and the wind blows south. which way does the egg roll?
    3. a plane crashes on the border of north and south Dakota. where do u bury the survivors?
    from left to right: allie, larry,kelsi,heather,me,josh

• Paint the Roses Red

Quote Originally Posted by PMURRZ-p View Post
    1. you have two coins and 30 cents over all. one of them isnt a nickel. what are the two coins?
    2. a rooster lays an egg on a pyramid and the wind blows south. which way does the egg roll?
    3. a plane crashes on the border of north and south Dakota. where do u bury the survivors?
    1. Wouldn't the coins simply be a quarter and a nickel? You only posted that one of them isn't a nickel. Therefore, there can still be one nickel, so long as the other coin isn't. That would be correct, unless it was worded incorrectly and you meant neither of them could be a nickel. In that case, it would be an impossible scenario.
    2. Roosters do not lay eggs.
    3.The survivors are alive, so they cannot be buried.
    Last edited by Lady_Ivory_Rocks; 02-21-2008 at 06:30 AM.

• Bionic Village Babe/RCMC

Quote Originally Posted by PMURRZ-p View Post
    1. A quarter and a nickel
    2. Roosters don't lay eggs.
    3. Where their families are.

Bionic Village Babe of the RCMC
    "Wisdom is knowing what you don't know" - Socrates

• Paint the Roses Red

Here are three riddles:

1. Sarah is facetious and abstemious. She gets pneumonia. Provided with those clues, what American trees will she like?

2. A party guest introduces you to your mother's only sister's husband's sister in-law. The husband has no brothers. What would you call this lady?

3. How can a woman, living in New Jersey, legally marry three men? Also, she would doing such without ever getting a divorce, being widowed, or becoming legally separated.

• PeteMURRayZ-pete

Lady and Turner are Correct! except turner on the third one...(u dont bury survivors )
    from left to right: allie, larry,kelsi,heather,me,josh

• Lost in your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Ivory_Rocks View Post
    Here are three riddles:

1. Sarah is facetious and abstemious. She gets pneumonia. Provided with those clues, what American trees will she like?

2. A party guest introduces you to your mother's only sister's husband's sister in-law. The husband has no brothers. What would you call this lady?

3. How can a woman, living in New Jersey, legally marry three men? Also, she would doing such without ever getting a divorce, being widowed, or becoming legally separated.
    1. Huh??
    2. your mom
    3. no clue. I've heard this riddle before only the answer was she widowed ; so nooooo clue whatsoever 0_o

|siggie:me|not very active on this site:sorry|
    ~ KelseaNicole ~

• Paint the Roses Red

Alright, for the sake of keeping the pace in this thread going, here are the answers for the first and last riddles (since TrueDreamerGirl has the correct answer for the second):

1. Her favorite American trees would be the Sequoia, the Southern Magnolia, the Russian-Olive, and the Euphorbia. Sarah only admires words with all five vowels.

3. To marry people is the woman's occupation; she's a Justice of the Peace or a minister.

• Hola

Here is another riddle:

What is 3/7 chicken, 2/3 cat, and 1/2 goat?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Ivory_Rocks View Post
    1. Her favorite American trees would be the Sequoia, the Southern Magnolia, the Russian-Olive, and the Euphorbia. Sarah only admires words with all five vowels.
    I would never would have gotten that..

• String Theory q:

Quote Originally Posted by fluffdog2 View Post
    Here is another riddle:

What is 3/7 chicken, 2/3 cat, and 1/2 goat?
    Chicago?

chicken is 7 letters long. You get " chi "
    cat is 3 letters long. You get " ca "
    goat is uhm.. sliced in half in wording? So, " go "

Chicago

Thanks to Mihawk, Piinoy, cyre, Midien, dance, uhm.. and alot of people!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast