Blu-Ray Not enough?!

Article:
    http://ps3.qj.net/Hideo-Kojima-Blu-r.../49/aid/114921

Ok that is insane, either Hideo decided to compress nothing in the game including audio, or this is going to be one heck of a game!

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Blu-Ray Not enough?!

That's insane, but it's nice that somebody is actually using the discs capacity to it's full capability.

• Huh?

Hmm... you know, I'm sure if he really wanted (and it would still keep cost down), he could've made it multi-disc. Gamers - especially RPGers - are quite used to doing such a thing anyway.
    -Tim

Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum View Post
    Hmm... you know, I'm sure if he really wanted (and it would still keep cost down), he could've made it multi-disc. Gamers - especially RPGers - are quite used to doing such a thing anyway.
    Yes I'm sure they are debating if they want to do that or not, but keep in mind blank dual layer Blu-Rays are expensive.
    There is a way for Blu-Ray players to read the Quad 100GB layer disc through Firmware upgrades though

• Huh?

well. the article makes no mention that they needed 100gb. 50+25gb? Would that be enough? Who knows?

But, keep in mind, too... a lot of 2-disc blu-ray sets are the same price if not slightly more than single disc sets. So, might not be that much more in the end.
    -Tim

Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum View Post
    well. the article makes no mention that they needed 100gb. 50+25gb? Would that be enough? Who knows?

But, keep in mind, too... a lot of 2-disc blu-ray sets are the same price if not slightly more than single disc sets. So, might not be that much more in the end.
    True but still Uncompressed Audio+Video+Images can take up a TON of space so maybe they would need 100 to include everything that the developers want. And just because the article said nothing of uncompressed does not mean its not there, trust me its there lol, 50GBs of game data would be impossible to develop in a year or 2 lol I mean Elder Scrolls 4 is only 4.5GBs

• Earth Intruder

The difference in uncompressed audio versus compressed audio is HUGE when you hear them side by side (i.e. Ratatouille on BluRay), and of course it takes up a lot of space. If MGS4 takes up an entire blu-ray, then hopefully it will look and sound amazing. We'll see till it comes out tho about actual game play!!
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog View Post
    The difference in uncompressed audio versus compressed audio is HUGE when you hear them side by side (i.e. Ratatouille on BluRay), and of course it takes up a lot of space. If MGS4 takes up an entire blu-ray, then hopefully it will look and sound amazing. We'll see till it comes out tho about actual game play!!
    I know. Makes you wonder if they are just trying to fill up the game so they can say they did. I would never want game-play sacrificed just to make something "cooler looking". And sadly, that's the way most games are for me these days.

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I know. Makes you wonder if they are just trying to fill up the game so they can say they did. I would never want game-play sacrificed just to make something "cooler looking". And sadly, that's the way most games are for me these days.
    Really? There are always going to be good looking good games and good looking crap games -- and the majority of all games fall into the "crap" category (just like movies).

I just try and steer clear of the crap games -- that's why reviews on gamespot and ign were invented (dead on accurate 9 times out of 10)
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog View Post
    Really? There are always going to be good looking good games and good looking crap games -- and the majority of all games fall into the "crap" category (just like movies).

I just try and steer clear of the crap games -- that's why reviews on gamespot and ign were invented (dead on accurate 9 times out of 10)

Sturgeon's Law: "Ninety percent of everything is crap."

As for the game being too big. How about a two disk set?