Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: My husband bought me a Playstation 3 for my birthday so I would buy Blu-Ray

Quote Originally Posted by zugzug15 View Post
    Right choice. If he got teh backwards compatible one with the PS2 games as well then you can "eliminate" so to speak one of the kids systems because the PS3 will play it. ALSO if you have any video files on your computer, or pictures, or MP3s then with a network cable and a quick tweak of windows media player and you can view all of that on the ps3 as well.

Main point is that its not JUST a blue ray player and a great deal when you throw in all the things it can do.

good choice if you ask me.
    NOT SO FAST! Never eliminate a system lol backwards compadibility is not perfect, I tried the first Summoner in my 60GB PS3 and it wont play so NEVER EVER get rid of a system!

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog View Post
    I have had the Ps3 remote since day 1 and have had none of the problems described above. I paired it with the Ps3 exactly once. The battery door has never slid off. I just like it because it's easier to use a one-push button for things like turning subtitles off and on without the extra steps of using the controller. I mean, everything CAN be done using the Ps3 controller, but it requires extra work And who wants to do that while watching a movie?

I like that the Ps3 uses bluetooth (and thus you don't have to point the remote directly at the Ps3 to get it to work) but of course, it can't be incorporated into a non-bluetooth universal remote.
    Well, I've had the PS3 remote since day 1 also and I've had all of these problems. I couldn't tell you how many times I've paired the remote and I haven't even bothered setting the console up since I got the thing back from repairs.

My Wii gets more use than my PS3.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Quote Originally Posted by justjohn View Post
    This is all personal experience, so you may not have the same problems.

The remote keeps losing its pairing with the PS3 so I have to keep matching it back up.

The buttons have a real dead feeling and you can't tell if the batteries are dead or not because there are no indicator lights to give you any clue.

The battery door is junk and keeps sliding off the controller.
    I also have had NONE of these problems, and JJ seems to be the very first person I "know" that has had them.

I do not see the point of complaining about the lack of battery indicator, all you have to do is tap the PS button while on the homescreen and a indicator will pop up on your screen and let you know how much juice you have left. AND if it gets low you wll have a notification pop up on screen telling you, and all you have to do is plug it in even while playing to charge it up and you are good to go. And the Wii remote has the same thing, but I guess JJ is ok with that Plus, some sort of indicator would only drain the battery faster and that knda is not the point.

As far as the battery door that he is having trouble with, no idea WTF he is talking about since I can't even seem to find a battery door on my controller... maybe somebody can tell me where it is? Mine sure does not have a battery door.... no idea why it would even have one. Maybe he got confused with his 360 controller????

• Earth Intruder

^^ JJ meant his remote controller was having issues, not the Ps3 controller. The Ps3 controller is all internal non-removable rechargeable battery, whereas the remote control (for Bluray/DVD viewing and XMB navigation) has removable batteries.

I'm sorry JJ has had so many problems with his Ps3, he's like the only person I know that isn't incredibly happy with its use. Mine is used daily (though still not necessarily for ps3 games).
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Thanks for the great discussions and advise everyone.

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDude View Post
    I also have had NONE of these problems, and JJ seems to be the very first person I "know" that has had them.

I do not see the point of complaining about the lack of battery indicator, all you have to do is tap the PS button while on the homescreen and a indicator will pop up on your screen and let you know how much juice you have left. AND if it gets low you wll have a notification pop up on screen telling you, and all you have to do is plug it in even while playing to charge it up and you are good to go. And the Wii remote has the same thing, but I guess JJ is ok with that Plus, some sort of indicator would only drain the battery faster and that knda is not the point.

As far as the battery door that he is having trouble with, no idea WTF he is talking about since I can't even seem to find a battery door on my controller... maybe somebody can tell me where it is? Mine sure does not have a battery door.... no idea why it would even have one. Maybe he got confused with his 360 controller????
    Dude, I have no idea "WTF" you are talking about. Did you even read the entire thread before you started replying?
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

Mine is used daily (though still not necessarily for ps3 games).
    I wanted a game console, not something that does other things. Who knows, with some good games on the horizon, I may enjoy it. Right now, not so much.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

I like that the Ps3 uses bluetooth (and thus you don't have to point the remote directly at the Ps3 to get it to work) but of course, it can't be incorporated into a non-bluetooth universal remote.
    Check out the playstation.com forums and you'll see that there are plenty of people having problems keeping bluetooth remotes and contollers paired up with the console.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

^^ JJ meant his remote controller was having issues, not the Ps3 controller. The Ps3 controller is all internal non-removable rechargeable battery, whereas the remote control (for Bluray/DVD viewing and XMB navigation) has removable batteries.
    Maybe he should be more exact in what it is he is saying. He called it a "controller"
    The battery door is junk and keeps sliding off the controller.
    Where he said "remote" other places:
    Well, I've had the PS3 remote since day 1
    And even noted the difference between the two:
    bluetooth remotes and contollers
    AND
    One other thing, the PS3 remote is junk, just use the controller to work it.
    So even in that last example he called it a remote... So if he was talking about the REMOTE he should have said REMOTE - he proved he knows the difference more than a few times.

So ya, when taling about a game system and somebody says "controller" what would you assume they are talking about? And since they said "remote" in other places while talking about the DVD remote.

And its not like you just can't go exchange your DVD remte if it is having problems, seems the common sense thing to do rather than keep it and do nothing but bitch about it.

I wanted a game console, not something that does other things.
    All 3 current consoles and both hand-held do "other things" than play games, but the only one you seem to have a problem with is the PS3... why is that? So if you only want somehting that plays games you should not own anyy curent system..or heck eventhe orig XBOX or the PS2 Maybe you are upset because the PS3 does all these "other things" far better than any of the other systems??
    Last edited by SoCal; 03-19-2008 at 02:26 PM.

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDude View Post
    Maybe he should be more exact in what it is he is saying. He called it a "controller"

Where he said "remote" other places:

And even noted the difference between the two:

So ya, when taling about a game system and somebody says "controller" what would you assume they are talking about? And since they said "remote" in other places while talking about the DVD remote.

And its not like you just can't go exchange your DVD remte if it is having problems, seems the common sense thing to do rather than keep it and do nothing but bitch about it.

All 3 current consoles and both hand-held do "other things" than play games, but the only one you seem to have a problem with is the PS3... why is that? So if you only want somehting that plays games you should not own anyy curent system..or heck eventhe orig XBOX or the PS2 Maybe you are upset because the PS3 does all these "other things" far better than any of the other systems??
    When you grasp at straws like that, don't they get all broken and not usable?

Common sense would also involve reading the entire thread before you show ignorance to the topic at hand.

BTW, who is bitching about anything? I stated from the get go that these were my experiences and it may not apply to them. The remote wasn't exchanged because I never use the thing and it's past the exchange time limit.

As far as the other things, I'm too busy playing games on them to know what their other capabilities are.
    Last edited by justjohn; 03-19-2008 at 03:45 PM.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

You know, when I read the title of this thread I immediately thought of Homer Simpson buying Marge a bowling ball engraved with "Homer" for her birthday. Once I read your whole explanation though, I'm glad you like your gift.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancywitt View Post
    Does anyone know of a good charity for kids that would take old game systems?
    If there is a domestic violence shelter in your area they may like to have a game system there. If not they may know of other non-profits that could use it. I know in our area there is a domestic violence shelter and a temporary home for kids that haven't been placed in foster care yet.

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

You could also try http://www.funforourtroops.org/. They provide some of the comforts of home for our military personnel overseas.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

Just an FYI, Target has Ratatoullie and Pirates 3 on Blu-Ray buy one get one free at $29.99.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• Master of Disaster

In case you want it. heres a little tutorial on setting up your PS3 to work with windows media sharing.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/PS3-a...ps-75291.shtml

I never had any problems with using the PS3 (Or even my PS2 controller for that matter) as a remote lol I just knew naturally what to do :P

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast