• Disney Dreams

Honest Opinions!

VMK Closing.
    OK. We all know it's gonna happen. Are we upset? Sure - some of us are trying not to be, but its inevitable. We've spent a few years now playing a game that in reality, was more than a game. It was an escape from the real world, into something where we could be anyone we wanted to be. No worries about what people think about your appearance - a place where you could just be yourself and hang out with other people who love Disney enough to play this game. I must admit - I knew it was going to close, but not now. I have too many friends on VMK to lose out on them. I have spent too much time building and working on rooms, too much time playing pirates, too much time trying to beat quests, but seemingly too little time playing the game itself. When there was something stressful going on in my life, VMK was my escape. I could just forget about everything and hang out with my friends awhile - most of whom I'd never met in real life. These are people that I've come to enjoy the company of - people who I could just talk to about anything other than what is going on in my life. The most stressful topic would be whether or not we were going to win our next pirates game... So now what? Where do we go from here? I may sound really stupid. I may sound like I have no life. But that's not why I'm so upset. I'm upset because I've become accustomed to having VMK in my life. I know that some of you are thinking, "Well, in life, you're faced with changes." - I understand that. Trust me. I've experienced enough changes in my life to know that they're inevitable, and whether or not I'm ready, they're coming. I just really wish that VMK could have stayed open longer. It's a shame that after less than 3 years, the game is closing already. It seemed like such a success, and I'm sure that no one saw this coming. At least not this soon. I'd been hearing about 10 year bans, Yavn saying that "the game is stronger than ever", among other things. These all led me to believe that VMK was doing well, and not going anywhere anytime soon. But I guess it really proves how spontaneous life can be. Sure, VMK is just a game - but for me, and many others, it didn't stop there. VMK will definitely be on my mind for a while after this. It's not something I can just forget and get over as quickly as others. So, if there's others out there who can understand what I'm trying to say, then great. I'm not alone =)

Now, it's your turn. Please feel free to post your very honest opinion. I'm not here to judge - if you're upset, then say it. If you have an idea of what we can do to get over this more quickly, then by all means, please tell us. If you're happy it's closing, say so. Please don't criticize the opinions of others. Don't just post what everyone else is saying if you don't agree with it. This is the place to post YOUR own opinion =)

Happy posting!

• KING OF CABMF'S

Sad Re: Honest Opinions!

Awesome thread idea con
    Ok.
    So, I honestly am not over the entire idea of this game closing.
    I know it was just a game.
    That is not true though.
    VMK, to me, was like the Second Life that Disney sponsored.
    We had our own lives and people in the game. We each created our own little empires surrounded by everything and limited by nothing but our own imaginations. VMK was always like my other half; it was something I could go to when I was bored, when I was tired of the real world, when I just wanted something colorful to happen in my life. Whether it was playing pirates with my besties or playing a quest, even pranking people with my dear friends. And if I could do none of that I would build a room just for the heck of it.

That is all coming to an end.

I donít understand. The game was so successful. Yavn claimed that the game was going stronger than ever. Why now? Why on such short notice? He made the game seem like it was so successful. I just donít understand.
    Iím still welling up at the thought of this. Ever since I got that text message from jen on Wednesday, I thought Ďoh my god, this canít be true. I spent so many hours, so much money, and so much effort into that game.í All for nothing. I seriously spent at least $200 on VMK because I was a dedicated fan. This feels like the second coming of Jesus to me. Iím so depressed over this. What frustrates me the most is that Yavn never gave us an honest answer though. He never told us why VMK is closing. This is eating away at me. I want to know the reason that I spent so much money on this game and so much time and effort. Itís all at its end now. What frustrates me the most is not knowing all the answers.

And I donít know anyone who can tell me they are over this entire situation and mean it.
    We are all still hurting inside, and it will still be there regardless of what you say to convince yourself that it is not there. It will always be that empty void that you cant fill. VMK.
    Hopefully the unknown answers and reasoning will be put to rest soon.
    Until then, ill be enjoying every minute I can with my beloved game
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Disney Dreams

Re: Honest Opinions!

I agree. I know that to even post in MCV means that you're a dedicated player.
    So I know that we can't all be over it, can we? How can someone just throw away all of that? Well, not throw away - but put aside, I guess. How can you just be "over it"? This is the secret I'd like to hear. If there's some way to get past all this more easily, I'd like to hear it. I don't think there's an answer though - and that IS the answer. Everyone deals with change in their own way. Someone who played VMK every once in a while - maybe a few days out of a month - they'd probably deal with this more easily. Again, someone else playing at the same rate may take a while longer to deal with it, because of how much they love the game.
    Someone who's been "here from day 1" might be over it after a few days, while someone else would take weeks to begin to get over it.
    We just all have our own amount of time that we need to get through it.

• KING OF CABMF'S

ps mods--
    i acknowledge that there is a same topic thread rule but the other thread on vmk closing is discussing the closing of the game.
    i think con made this thread more for the people of micechat to vent and share their stories.
    therefore, the two threads are not the same
    thank you
    :]
    ADD ME.[:

1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Minion

Yes, VMK Was A Second Life To Me, Were You Can Do Things You Can't Do In R/L, EX :

A Bully Is Bulling You.

On VMK You Can Go On It And Relax From That Bully, And Become A New You. Or Become Someone You Want To Be In Real Life, Thats Why Walt Disney Is My Role Motel.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Disney
    "If You Can Dream It, You Can Do It"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evanescence4ever View Post
    ps mods--
    i acknowledge that there is a same topic thread rule but the other thread on vmk closing is discussing the closing of the game.
    i think con made this thread more for the people of micechat to vent and share their stories.
    therefore, the two threads are not the same
    thank you
    No need to explain. We are capable of reading, and make a decision based on our interpretation.
    Last edited by yoyoflamingo; 04-13-2008 at 05:47 AM.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    No need to explain. We are capable of reading, and make a decision based on our interpretation.
    kay.
    we just didnt want the thread to be misinterpreted.
    ADD ME.[:

AND FINALLY...

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• a Little more than Weird;

Quote Originally Posted by evanescence4ever View Post
    So, I honestly am not over the entire idea of this game closing.
    I know it was just a game.
    That is not true though.
    VMK, to me, was like the Second Life that Disney sponsored.
    We had our own lives and people in the game. We each created our own little empires surrounded by everything and limited by nothing but our own imaginations. VMK was always like my other half; it was something I could go to when I was bored, when I was tired of the real world, when I just wanted something colorful to happen in my life. Whether it was playing pirates with my besties or playing a quest, even pranking people with my dear friends. And if I could do none of that I would build a room just for the heck of it.

That is all coming to an end.

I donít understand. The game was so successful. Yavn claimed that the game was going stronger than ever. Why now? Why on such short notice? He made the game seem like it was so successful. I just donít understand.
    Iím still welling up at the thought of this. Ever since I got that text message from jen on Wednesday, I thought Ďoh my god, this canít be true. I spent so many hours, so much money, and so much effort into that game.í All for nothing. I seriously spent at least $200 on VMK because I was a dedicated fan. This feels like the second coming of Jesus to me. Iím so depressed over this. What frustrates me the most is that Yavn never gave us an honest answer though. He never told us why VMK is closing. This is eating away at me. I want to know the reason that I spent so much money on this game and so much time and effort. Itís all at its end now. What frustrates me the most is not knowing all the answers.

And I donít know anyone who can tell me they are over this entire situation and mean it.
    We are all still hurting inside, and it will still be there regardless of what you say to convince yourself that it is not there. It will always be that empty void that you cant fill. VMK.
    Hopefully the unknown answers and reasoning will be put to rest soon.
    Until then, ill be enjoying every minute I can with my beloved game

I TOTALLY agree! When my Mom was diagnosed with Cancer a few months ago, VMK was my escape to forget what could possibly happen....I have to majorly agree with the pranking people ( haha, yesterday Matt! Too much fun! ) But ill probably become more attached to my DS, or my Wii or something, since my friend & her family are too musically gifted, so we can never hang out except at school, which we have no classes together....but anyway...im going off topic xD i guess i could do more babysitting...but i wouldnt be able to tolerate the screaming kids....when i Would babysit, i would come home and all of the bad memories of what has just happened would be GONE....it will be SO different now =( but i made a specific AIM screen-name just for my VMK buddies, so feel free to add me : ScreamxShoutx74 I'd like to hear from you all on there!

In Marching Band, there's no such thing as "One More Time."

• KING OF CABMF'S

aww.
    that's such a sweet story!
    and yeah, pranking people is a great way to end vmk =D
    im really gonna miss vmk after is closes.
    the possobilities in the game were endless
    ADD ME.[:

AND FINALLY...

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• marebear_marebear

Personally, I'm upset that VMK is closing. I met many friends, made memories, created rooms, and a lot more. To me, VMK wasn't a virtual game; VMK was more like an almost perfect fantasyland that everyone dreams of escaping into. [Yes, almost perfect: Some of my friends fight often]. I couldn't care less about the virtual items you could buy or redeem using codes, although they are nice to collect. VMK was a spot for me to meet people for who they are; in real life it is difficult to know people without judging them on how they look. You literally got a glimpse of their soul, who the person really is without judging on whom they are friends with, what they wear, etc.
    I don't see how Disney thinks that we can make 150 friends and bond with them in almost 3 years, and then think we can forget all about them and VMK. I can't see how someone can do that.
    I'm still not over the shock that VMK is actually closing. Well, I'm not as shocked as before but I'm still confused over this. I knew that VMK wasn't going to be around forever, nothing really is around forever, but I thought that VMK would end sometime after I stopped playing. Although, I do see people become a lot friendlier after the announcement that VMK is closing. Well, at least my friends seem a bit nicer and put aside their sadness to make room for more memories yet to come. In some ways VMK closing could be a good thing [everyone being friendlier] and it also could be a bad thing [losing such wonderful friends]. I hope the heart of VMK and Disney magic will come back soon, so the last days of VMK will be full of excitement and joy as were the first days of joining VMK.
    Last edited by marebear0620; 04-13-2008 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Spelling :)

• a Little more than Weird;

yea i have NO clue what ill do without VMK....Ill probably end up becoming one of those old fat, Cat ladies xD
    In the FARRRRR future....i dont think being a cat lady would work wel at 13....rofl
    Ill probably Go back into photography...and since its summer and all, i can actually go outside without freezing my camera, or myself....Or ill go back into scrap-booking which i havent done since i was like, 5...I just found it the other day and laughed my head off at all the stupid sayings and spelling errors i found in there....
    Or ill do more babysitting for more money...for a new camera

In Marching Band, there's no such thing as "One More Time."