Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wii Fit

• Seasick

Wii Fit

I picked mine up this morning. So glad I pre-ordered this one. A couple of co-workers are running all over the place trying to find one, with no success so far.

Of course, I give 50 to 1 odds that I actually use this more than three times, before growing bored with it and tucking the thing away in a corner indefinately.

I look forward to trying it out later, although I anticipate the weigh-in may be depressing.

• My liver hurts!

Re: Wii Fit

I knew it!!! I tried preordering mine but no luck!! That's okay though I'll wait it out and pass the time with my mario dance dance revolution!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
    Try the Hello Te-Kitty-la.

• Rides against injustice

I was at Target at opening this morning and there were about 15 people in line when the doors opened. They had 90 copies of it. Glad I was able to get it, even if I had wake up at the crack of dawn.
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

Picked mine up at Target this morning too, got there about 10 minutes before opening and only 3 people were waiting. A few more people lined up as it got closer to opening but I'm not sure how many of them were actually waiting for Wii Fit. They had at least one end cap stacked with them, didn't have any trouble getting one and was in and out of there within 5 minutes. Have not been home to try it out yet.

• Circle of Ancients

Tried it out a little, it's pretty good. A great indicator of where you are fitness wise. Not sure how "fit" your going to get playing it, but we'll have to see.

I took some pictures, may have to do a TR.

• Im Mrs Americain Dream

Well i picked up mine last night a 12:01am and i spend a good part of my morning playing some of the various games. lol Im aparently not so fit but i really am enjoying my wii fit i sence me useing it everyday, and they r sold out in my city. Wii fits website says try ebay and there's tons on there its selling quite well
    ~I Am Finally Just Me~

My Youtube Video Blog

• Sunshine is the best!!!

Blog Entries

It's really fun!!!!!
    *When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

• Seasick

My first impressions, after a very brief play session, is that this is a winner.

With the yoga I can already feel some muscles I didn't know I had. The Wii Board works very well. Between this and the Wii Wheel, I am most impressed.

My Wii Fit age is 8 above my actual age. Oh well, if I can get my Brain Age down to a nimble 23, I can do this too (but methinks it will be a little tougher).

The initial weigh-in was neither pleasing nor surprising:

My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Im Mrs Americain Dream

It has some flaws cus there's no way im a body of a 44 yr old lol
    ~I Am Finally Just Me~

My Youtube Video Blog

• Better Butter Battle Vic

Blog Entries

I'm really enjoying the wii fit, I just unlocked rythmic boxing last night, the trainer is kinda mean, but it's fun and it really makes you sweat.

• Seasick

I'm enjoying the game. To my semi-surprise, I'm still using it daily. The sweat induced by all of the games is a bit surprising, but a sign they're effective. I'm alternating, doing yoga one day and strength exercises the next. A co-worker wears wrist & ankle weights when doing boxing & other exercises, which is a good idea.

It's too bad the interface isn't better. Why oh why can I not select a group of yoga exercises and just do them, without the need to pick up and put down the wii-mote constantly?

I also don't need to be told every other day how to use the balance board to determine the weight of a book. First off, why would I need to know the weight of a book, and second of all, if you tell me the oh-so complicated way to weigh a book once, there is no need to tell me again.

My trainer was "tired" today due to being up late. Wierd. Kind of a nice touch though, to make him feel more "real'.

The integration of Miis adds to the fun. Jogging is much more enjoyable with my friends and other characters running about. I would like to see more environments for jogging in a sequel. Maybe use some Nintendo game locales, run around Hyrule field for example.

I quite like most of the aerobic games.

No major weight loss for me yet, but I did get my Wii Fit age down to 23 today (that's nine years less than my real age). I have to double check with Nintendo, but I'm pretty sure it is acceptable to cite this as my real age when placing or responding to personal ads.

Last edited by BC_DisneyGeek; 06-13-2008 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Spelling

• My liver hurts!

Unfortunately my wii fit has been collecting some dust!!!

I read your thread and it makes me want to play it more!!!

Thanks for the motivation!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
    Try the Hello Te-Kitty-la.

Blog Entries

I also wish you could set up some sort of routine with out having to stop and select different things, they have a favorites section why not a routine auto sort of thing. I also love that all the other miis wave to you as you're running I'm in my living room waving back to them, it just makes me wish it was like that when you went jogging in the real world.

Is your rythmic boxing trainer mean to you or is it just me? I thought I did really well last night and at the end he said, come on you can do better than that.

• Seasick

Quote Originally Posted by Megastrophy View Post
    I also wish you could set up some sort of routine with out having to stop and select different things, they have a favorites section why not a routine auto sort of thing. I also love that all the other miis wave to you as you're running I'm in my living room waving back to them, it just makes me wish it was like that when you went jogging in the real world.

Is your rythmic boxing trainer mean to you or is it just me? I thought I did really well last night and at the end he said, come on you can do better than that.
    Yeah, he seems a bit gruff, even when I seem to have done a good job.

Fun tip for jogging: if you pass the pace guy at the beginning you follow the dog and get a different route.

Blog Entries

Cool I did this once on accident I didn't know this would happen every time, thanks!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast