Thread: Cars-

• Haha. Mud is great :] <3

Cars-

So, I was interested in finding out when this project of Disneys' "Cars" will come out. I didn't find WHEN it would come out, but I found some information that may be useful. On yahoo, I searched Disneys Cars Virtual Game and found this on http://www.worldsinmotion.biz/2007/11/disney_to_expand_virtual_world.phpDisney

To Expand Virtual World Presence With 'Cars'

Disney's apparently pleased with how things are going with Toontown, Pirates of the Caribbean Online, Club Penguin and its other web media properties, as it seems a new virtual world property is in the works. The San Fernando Valley Business Journal is reporting the company is eyeing a 2008 launch for a virtual world site based on the Disney/Pixar film Cars according to Disney president and CEO Robert Iger, speaking at the Sanford C. Bernstein & Co. Long View Conference recently.
    According to the article, Iger says Disney is going to invest “substantially” in online media extensions and virtual worlds over the next few years, citing their potential and the way they fit with the growth of consumer home computing for entertainment.
    Iger explained young fans of the popular Cars characters would enjoy continuing their relationship with the film through online worlds, rather than waiting for a film sequel -- as a side effect, dynamic virtual worlds can keep the characters and their world continually present-tense and relevant to their audience. “You can live with and act with Lightning McQueen for years to come,” Iger said.
    [Via San Fernando Valley Business Journal]

Posted by Leigh Alexander on November 30, 2007 11:56 AM | Permalink

I think with this thread, I'm just going to continue to find useful information and post it up on here for micechats use

Disney plans to invest up to $100 million in 10 new virtual worlds, including one based on Cars to tie in to themed physical park expansions. Likewise, at the same time that Disney launched the virtual world, PIxie Hollow, for the Disney Fairies brand, and an accompanying series of toys, Clickables, it announced a new team dedicated to addressing virtual worlds.
    I found the above information on: http://www.virtualworldsnews.com/200...s-virtual.html
    Take a look yourself!
    Last edited by soccerskinnyme; 05-31-2008 at 10:14 AM.
    ----Heather
    vmk name: Heather_Princess

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: Cars-

Great information! Thanks for checking this out and posting the info here!

What surprizes me is the lag time between the end of the VMK empire and the start of the newest virtual online game worlds. They still have not announced exactly when Cars or Pixie Hollow will be opened. I would of thought that with the closing of VMK, they would of had these other games ready so players could leave one world and float into the next one. By leaving a gap in time, I think Disney may lose some players, as they search for other online worlds to inhabit .... and right now there are a LOT of them out there, and a lot of them are still free.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I think that they will push Pirates and Club Penguin first. Then, then the Tinkerbell movie comes out in the fall, Pixie Hollow will open their game, and I wouldn't be surprised if Cars waits a little until DCA opens Carsland and Cars 2 is closer to release, but they will probably want a "boy" game to coincide with the "girls" one. A part of the reason I don't think Pirates is that popular is because it started at the end of its movies' popularity. If they start it closer to the movie, they can sell the product and promote it better.

Not sure if any of this is true, but just my thoughts.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• CyberneticMonkey

Oh my goodness, I is excited. lol Cars should be fun! And that's some good news ya got there! Very impressive that Disney is willing to spend lots of money for Virtual Worlds =)

CyberneticMonkey

Cya in VMK!

If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Sincerely,

CyberneticMonkey

• Same Name On VMK

You have no right to ask me that question!

I like the ten new games part! I wonder if one of them will be a virtual park. Just redone and more costly vmk! lol I can hope.
    When life throws you lemons, eat them I mean what else do you do with lemons? Well I guess you could make lemonade but what if you don't have the necessary materials. Yeah... you should just eat the lemons. Unless your anti-lemonistic then don't. Is that even a word. I think it is. Maybe it's not. Ok google give me your best shot. Ok that is not a word. Its okay. Now back to anti-lemonistic, nope thats not a word either. I am hungry. I want a lemon. By the way if you are still reading this, take a look at yourself and say "Is this message worth it" because I don't think it is. I mean your should just stop reading right now. Now. Now I say! Fine want to play like that then let's do this over again. When life throws you lemons, eat them I mean what else do you do with lemons? Well I guess you could make lemonade but what if you don't have the necessary materials. Yeah... you should just eat the lemons. Unless your anti-lemonistic............... ok your not worth it am stopping right now. Now.

The End
    ??????????
    Yeah the end. You heard me.
    What your still reading! Get out of my head!!! Please. Ok you know I try to make this as clear as possible. I don't like to type this long. But you keep reading so I guess I have to. Yes 343 words have been typed in this signature take that humanity! Now it is 356. Or maybe it is only 2?? I don't know but oh well.

• Bionic Village Babe/RCMC

The original provided link won't work anymore, but I found a new one with a general time frame of when the game will be released:

http://www.worldsinmotion.biz/2008/0...rs_virtual.php

Bionic Village Babe of the RCMC
    "Wisdom is knowing what you don't know" - Socrates

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by <3WillTurner View Post
    The original provided link won't work anymore, but I found a new one with a general time frame of when the game will be released:

http://www.worldsinmotion.biz/2008/0...rs_virtual.php

Thanks for the link! I will say I am curious if this will be good!

• Bionic Village Babe/RCMC

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Thanks for the link! I will say I am curious if this will be good!
    No problem!
    I gotta say I'm on the same boat. I'm really curious. I'm still disappointed about VMK though. I still feel like if it was only a promotion, then it should not have been kept open as long as it was.

Bionic Village Babe of the RCMC
    "Wisdom is knowing what you don't know" - Socrates

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

The Test Track is up. I built my car (Dusty Rocketcharger), and raced once. It's fun to race, but hopefully much more will be added once this is completely online. This is just the test phase, so much more is going to be added, so we'll wait and see what happens!

• Haha. Mud is great :] <3

Sorry guys, haven't been on for a while, thanks yoyo and angel (: Please continue to do your fabulous work!
    ----Heather
    vmk name: Heather_Princess

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I'm Dizzy Mudbumper. I did one race. Will take some getting use to using the mouse to "steer" around the track. But I did come in first place!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

I just remembered Cars the movie and they looked so cute that even I would like to take a ride for it