• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

PS3 2.40 update warning

You might want to hold off on updating to 2.40. It seems like there are issues on a lot of consoles causing them to lock up.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/play...cending&page=1
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

Re: PS3 2.40 update warning

The update has been pulled and reverted back to 2.36
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by justjohn View Post
    The update has been pulled and reverted back to 2.36
    Where are you getting that info, I can't find it.

Luckily, my home internet went out over the last few days and so I haven't been able to download diddly shyte.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

Work fine for me - in game XMB is a great thing.

PS3 fanboy has a poll up - seems only a few are truly having problems:

http://poll.pollcode.com/LFXQ_result?v

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

obviously enough to pull the update.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• Master of Disaster

the new 2.41 update is up which fixed the issue.

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zugzug15 View Post
    the new 2.41 update is up which fixed the issue.
    Good news! I'll update tonight. They need to do a better job testing their updates in the future.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Good news! I'll update tonight. They need to do a better job testing their updates in the future.
    LOL I think thier track record is pretty darn good - espically when you compare it to Microsoft haha. This is the very first time they had problems, and as you can see by the link I posted the problem was SMALL. And you are still here complaining - classic JJ move there. I bet if this was a prob on the 360 you would stand up and defend them till the day you died LOL.

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal View Post
    LOL I think thier track record is pretty darn good - espically when you compare it to Microsoft haha. This is the very first time they had problems, and as you can see by the link I posted the problem was SMALL. And you are still here complaining - classic JJ move there. I bet if this was a prob on the 360 you would stand up and defend them till the day you died LOL.
    Dude, what part of "I own a PS3" do you not understand? Do you think its right to release a firmware update that bricks a console?

And like I said before, it must not have been that small of a number since Sony felt the need to pull the update.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Dude, what part of "I own a PS3" do you not understand? Do you think its right to release a firmware update that bricks a console?

And like I said before, it must not have been that small of a number since Sony felt the need to pull the update.
    I know you own a PS3 - and I also know you bitch about it every single chance you get. For the life of me I have no idea why you have it since you hate it so darn much. Really, all you do is bitch about it. All you do is say how you do not play it and how there is no good games for it, how you did not want a system that does other things (my personal fav since the 360 and Wii do other things) and how much PSN sucks, how much better the 360 is, etc. Maybe you do not pay attention to yourself? LOL I think thats it.... Maybe you should sell your PS3 on ebay or somehting so you can get rid of that horrible PS3. Why do you even have it? Really... why?????

And no, I never said it was right for ANYBODY to put out an update that bricks a system. But there is an at-home fix you could do if it did get bicked (granted it wiped your HD, but it was still a fix and that is better than nothing). But as you can see (and you are ignoring) by the link I posted not that many people really had a problem. Sony has a STELLAR track record when it comes to thier updates, unlike the company that puts out the system you cuddle up to close to every night, the 360. And that sir, is a fact you can not deny.

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

So now you are trying to tell me that EVERY person that owns a PS3 belongs to that website? You have no idea how many consoles got screwed up unless you work for Sony.

I haven't sold the PS3 because my wife has games that she plays on it. If it wasn't for SingStar, we would have.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

So now you are trying to tell me that EVERY person that owns a PS3 belongs to that website? You have no idea how many consoles got screwed up unless you work for Sony.
    I'm sorry, where did I say that EVERY person who owns a PS3 belongs to that website? Can you pretty please point out where I said that? I love how each and every sngle time we have a convo you feel the need to reach far, far up your rear and pull somehtng out and act like I said something I never said. You do this each and every time without fail.

The poll shows a good example of the percentage of people who have had problems. Since the site is called "PS3Fanboy" it is safe to say there is a good amount of PS3 owners that go to that site. And You do not have to be a memebr to vote in the poll. This also backs up the low percantage of people on the official PS3 forums that have had problems. Yes, there has been problems - but the percentage of people is LOW. That there is the point - I hope I made it simple enough even for you.

• Circle of Ancients

For the 2nd time today, please refrain from using personal attacks to get your point across.