• Delawarean Girl

Old School Sesame Street

I am aware there was a thread about this back in November. http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...s-83800p4.html

I kind of wanted to bring this back into discussion. All because I recently purchased both Old School Volume 1 & Volume 2 this past two weeks and having been loving to watch a little history of Sesame Street.

I have read a couple of the posts from the old thread. I didn't know that they discontinued that fallen chef with the pies? While watching the 1st episode of Sesame Street, I kept thinking that one is probably the only one that has repeated itself or I remember that one atleast in my time. No, I didn't imitate him. I just remember him clearly, though.

I would kind of hope that they thought about making a volume 3. Show more the era of my time. Though, I sadly don't remember the death of Mr.Hooper. He was around a little of my time, but I might have been too young or wasn't watching TV just yet.

*going random in my mind* I would kind of like them to interduce Slimey. That little worm of Oscar's. Slimey use to make a great big smile out of me. Because he is so cute.

In case you are new to MiceChat or unfamiliar of what, I am talking about. "Sesame Street Old School - is the title of a series of DVD releases produced by Sesame Workshop. The first volume "1969-1974," was released in Region 1 (North America) on October 24, 2006. The second volume, "1974-1979," was released on November 6, 2007." - Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sesame_Street:_Old_School

Sesame Street - Old School, Vol. 1 (1969-1974)
    Sesame Street: Vol. 2 - Old School (1974-1979)

Re: Old School Sesame Street

I've got volume one, and I love it!! Much rougher around the edges than the current version of the show.

I love the obvious ablibbing between Henson and Oz in the various scetches.

PS I also have Electric Company volume one.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I have both volumes and love them. I'd love to see a volume 3 of shows from the 80's. I like Barkley the dog. Old school Sesame Street was so awesome. They didn't dumb it down like they do now. They knew back then us kids were smart. Then that red twinkie Elmo came along and ruined everything.

• Delawarean Girl

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Then that red twinkie Elmo came along and ruined everything.
    Elmo came around back when I was just starting to grow out of Sesame Street. Back then, I thought Elmo was cute with his little baby voice. But nower days, he has like a big head now (especially with that Elmo's World) and now his baby voice can be annoying . I miss Big Bird as the big leader.

I remember what made me grow out of Sesame Street. I remember Big Bird would say that he is six years old. Then after maybe a year after the knowledge that Big Bird was six. I wanted to watch another show that had the same time slot as Sesame Street. Then that very next year, Big Bird said he was six years old again. I figured that the Sesame Street shows are all now reruns to me. So, now I could watch that other show I wanted to watch with the same time slot.

Kind of funny now. Because I didn't realize, that Big Bird is to be remained as six years old.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I just looked it up and Elmo came into the picture around 1984-85. I was too old for Sesame Street then. I was watching Mtv and Friday Night Videos. But he didn't hit that popularity boom until 1995-96, 10 years later. I was in my early 20's then. But he ALWAYS annoyed the bejebus out of me. I miss the Yip-Yip aliens and Monsterpiece Theatre (especially the never-ending saga of "Up the Stairs, Down the Stairs").