Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12345122752 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Re: American Idol Season 8 Discussion Thread

i can't possibly be the only person who just wanted to smack the smugness off of bikini girl can i?

seriously, i hope she continues to embarrass herself and then /epic fail in Hollywood

or it could be just the fat girl in me being very jealous of her body

the story about the blind guy was very touching though...almost made me tear up a bit
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Animation Domination

elly Wrote:

i can't possibly be the only person who just wanted to smack the smugness off of bikini girl can i?

seriously, i hope she continues to embarrass herself and then /epic fail in Hollywood
    Everyone knows she plan the whole bikini thing. She didn't have a really good voice either. Who knows maybe she'll take Paula advice and go to the Hollywood round naked. I don't think she will pass the Hollywood round.

the story about the blind guy was very touching though...almost made me tear up a bit
    That man had the guts to go on American Idol. Sad story

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post

or it could be just the fat girl in me being very jealous of her body

i so agree elly.. i wanted to smack her too

Friends for life

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    I agree with you, she was not that good at all.

[/quote]the story about the blind guy was very touching though...almost made me tear up a bit[/quote]

Who else thought it was funny how Ryan wanted to High Five the guy and forgot that he was blind.
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• Winter in Oceanside...

Well I'm a skinny girl and I too wanted to slap the smugness outta Bikini Girl. PU-leeze! From Chino Hills... nuf said.

I did like overly tattooed and pierced girl, though. She seemed sincere and fun.

Katrina, the bikini girl, had a nice voice in my opinion. At least bikini girl is entertaining. A show like Idol needs characters like this.
    Last edited by Mr. Yeti; 01-15-2009 at 05:27 PM.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Not only did the Bikini Girl make a fool of herslef, it showed me how much of a diva Kara thinks she is.

I like how Kara doesn't put up with Simon. But she is a songwriter, so why does she have to prove to everyone that she can sing. You do not have to be a good singer to be a good songwriter.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Mr. Yeti... I think she had a pretty decent voice too... and she just reduced her credibility with the bikini stunt. Does she want to be a gimmick, or a real singer?

• ..but you can call me Pam

Not only did "bikini girl" make a fool out of herself, but so did Simon. He acted like a stupid 14 year old boy. And that idiotic grin on his face...
    And, why would Kara be jealous? She is a beautiful, succesful, smart millionaire.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I personally think Bikini Girl had a good voice. But Hot diggity she was drop dead beautiful! Plus she came from my old stomping grounds in Chino Hills. Maybe it's just a guy thing . Who was that foxy girl last year that was kicked off due to her racy photo's? Annabella or something? I bet Bikini girl will be her this season.

I also was happy for the Kara fan who brought in her lyric book and it seemed like she was going to be kicked off the show, but Simon quickly changed his mind and gave her another chance!

I also liked the girl from Louisville.

• Delawarean Girl

Telling the truth. I liked bikini girl. I lifted up my nose in the beginning with the idea of wearing a bikini. When I thought she sang nice, I thought she would have done fine if she wore regular clothes. But I just loved it when she went after Kara.
    Last edited by Hayley B; 01-14-2009 at 07:17 PM.

• Disneymom

I think that bikini girls wasn't even that attrative and I didn't like her voice. My hubby's comment was that she had no boobs. That's a guy for ya.

• Crazy Furry

Quote Originally Posted by WheresMickey View Post
    Who else thought it was funny how Ryan wanted to High Five the guy and forgot that he was blind.
    *Raises Hand* I cracked up so hard when he tried that, and the thing was I had a feeling he would do that. Way to go Ryan, you pulled off a George Bush!
    Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
    Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
    I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

I doubt Bikini Girl will make it past the first round of Hollywood cuts. Sure she's got great looks, she's a model. But walking into an audition like that is just as much "LOOK AT ME!!" as it is when the contestants are wearing giant hats and have sparklers coming out of their ears. Her voice was fine, and as someone said before if she were wearing normal flattering clothes, she would have probably still gotten through.

But who wants normal on American Idol, right?

Oh, and I hope Barracuda girl goes far. She was great!!

• Minion

I rewatched the first episode, and I still don't have a good idea of what kind of judging personality Kara DioGuardi is. I suspect many viewers feel the same way. Heck, the auditioners couldn't even pronounce her name correctly!

Sometimes she would begin to say something and then Randy or Simon would cut her off, and other times she seemed to regress into the frivolous "you're cute as a button" commentary that Paula already masters, and still other times she provided sage advice to less than competent auditioners that was right from Simon's book (but without the blatant ridicule). I won't count her backlash at Katrina (the actual name of Bikini Girl, honestly America, stop naming people by their looks/attire, even if they are conceited b****es) because the auditioner was asking for it anyways, and the whole thing was pretty ridiculous.

Kara interests me more than most of the contestants, at least during Arizona's audition stage (but if I had to pick a favorite, it would be Stevie Wright). I hope tonight's show will shed more light on her disposition.

Also: WHY has Randy Jackson still not learned that there can only be 100 in a percent? I don't think Kara knows either, come to think of it.
    Last edited by 2DieFR; 01-14-2009 at 06:42 PM.

Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12345122752 ... LastLast