Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Sonny With a Chance - Disney Channel

This is Disney's newest tween show. About a new kid sitcom star, trying to fit in. Just noticed, they seem to be placing some shots of the Disney studio lot, in Burbank, into the show. Makes sense, since the story is about a tween sitcom being filmed on a studio lot. Noticed some of the Building signs, showing building numbers, and even saw a shot of the outside of the Disney Studios Commissary:

This is a picture of the commisary I took last summer, the show had the same sign, only it was filmed from the left side of the building, on the tv show:

just saw another short clip looked like these buildings

Re: Sonny With a Chance - Disney Channel

Interesting. I wonder if they'll keep that up.
    Last edited by Mr. Yeti; 02-09-2009 at 05:35 PM.

Yep, I noticed the backlot signs too. The show itself... well, i'll give it a chance to grow. The first episode was painful, the second wasn't quite as bad. Hopefully it can only get better if it's actually expected to be a viable replacement for Hannah Montana.

• Banned User

Ugh.

I swear, it's too bad kids accept this crap on TV. No drama, no actually funny comedies, no actually funny cartoons, no action-adventure, no edgyness, nothing.

Hooray! Children's Television has been successfully homogenized.

Thanks Disney Channel. You truly are a standout.

I think the show has some interesting aspects. When I first heard about it, I thought it was cool that it would focus on the making of a sitcom. Although I wasn't crazy about it when I found out it was being brought to us by the same people who made All That because I knew it would focus on that type of humor. When I saw the show, it was obvious that they were being like Nickelodeon (not like previous Disney Shows).

But I actually got a good laugh out of some of the other things. So I think I will give this show a chance. I like how they have a rivalry with the other show that shoots on the same lot. I think it would be good for the show to focus more on the backstage antics. But maybe that's just me.
    Last edited by Mr. Yeti; 02-11-2009 at 12:53 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I liked it. I mean... I think some of the cast is likable. I liked the 2nd episode which got a few dork laughs from me. I think it's funny that So Random's rival is like a Dawson's Creek/Gossip Girl/WB type show and the whole "it's called acting" line was funny. And Jo from the Facts of Life played Sonny's mom. Brian Robbins who has done a ton was the E.P. so yay! I was kinda' irked that it was so not how Hollywood is (like no agents or anything. They let the kids run the show), but hey... it's silly.

Could've been a lot worse, like Cory in the House.

I htink that was the main thing that kinda bugged me. Kids do not write their own material on television. They may improv a bit, but there would be writers present at rehearsals to freshen each sketch, and agents present to fight for their kids. I mean, it's nice that they didn't include TOO many adults, but it just bugs me that it's so unrealistic (yeah yeah, I know, kids running ramant in the White House doesn't happen, and no girl could ever live a double pop star life with today's paparazzi...).

I wish they had at least one mroe adult character, kind of a Mr. Moseby meets Arwin character to play as referee and writer for the kids. OK, more Moseby, as Brian what's his face is the most annoying thing on television since it's creation...

I did find it a little odd that there wasn't more "Hollywood" in the show too. I think it would make the show to have those elements. I did find it odd that they refered to the the place they eat as the "cafeteria" and not the "commissary." I didn't have a problem with it, it's I think it would be cool if they would include those elements. But maybe they felt they needed to translate it to a younger audience.

• King of Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    Ugh.

I swear, it's too bad kids accept this crap on TV. No drama, no actually funny comedies, no actually funny cartoons, no action-adventure, no edgyness, nothing.

Hooray! Children's Television has been successfully homogenized.

Have you seen Phinneas and Ferb? Best cartoon in a very long while!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Once upon a time, a long time ago and in a far-off land, the Disney Channel actually had programming worth watching.

Again, that was a long time ago.

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzedLightyear View Post
    Have you seen Phinneas and Ferb? Best cartoon in a very long while!
    But, it's not even close to real Disney cartoon quality. It's Disney's attempt to be Nickelodeon.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Once upon a time, a long time ago and in a far-off land, the Disney Channel actually had programming worth watching.

Again, that was a long time ago.

-- Barry
    Yeah, it's sad. Kids' TV isn't what it was ten years ago.

Wow, I feel old.

• King of Los Angeles

But, it's not even close to real Disney cartoon quality. It's Disney's attempt to be Nickelodeon.
    Really? It's got so much heart, and is different, but much more thought ou than most of the Nick shows. Yin Yang Yo is closer to Nickelodeon. Still enjoy that cartoon, but they're definitely not classic Disney which is good. I think Disney Animation has put out some solid fare in the past few years (Kim Possible, Dave the Barbarian, Phinneaus and Ferb) and some less impressive (Proud Family, Brandy and Mr. Whiskers, the Buzz on Maggie). Cartoons today have a different style, but these are good examples of great storytelling with more modern appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    This is Disney's newest tween show. About a new kid sitcom star, trying to fit in. Just noticed, they seem to be placing some shots of the Disney studio lot, in Burbank, into the show. Makes sense, since the story is about a tween sitcom being filmed on a studio lot. Noticed some of the Building signs, showing building numbers, and even saw a shot of the outside of the Disney Studios Commissary:
    Getting back on this point, it's funny if it is the Disney lot they show because I noticed that the show is filmed at NBC. I wonder if that's some of the actual areas that are in the shots of the show. I wouldn't be surprised, I don't think studio lots look all that different from each other.
    Last edited by Mr. Yeti; 02-14-2009 at 02:56 PM.

• Sock Puppet

We saw the first two episodes as well.

It was hard for me to make it thru the first one!

If it wasn't for the fact that a friend of ours is a semi-regular on the show, I don't think that we would watch it.

Demi Lovato is a cutie, but is she enough of a cutie to keep the show on the air?

Only time (and the ratings) will tell...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast