Survivor: Tocantins

Can you believe it's season 18?

Probst says 'Survivor: Tocantins' is 'great' -- Newsday.com

I'll be watching.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Re: Survivor: Tocantins

He always says it's great. But I think part of why this season sort of snuck up on a lot of people was because last season was so boring for most of it, that it lost the exciting edge. Here's hoping that it comes back this time.
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• Circle of Ancients

What did everybody think of last nights episode???

A twist 5 minutes in, although I think they should have just sent them home.

Already that "old lady" (forget the name) is annoying me. I can't beleive they didn't vote her off. I have to give kudos to the other girl "Striped Shirt" for working her tail off and building the camp and stuff, not only looking out for herself.

Sure the hidden immunity idol would save her once, but only once.

• Hello there

Blog Entries

Show was OK last night. Better than last season. The old lady is annoying. She needs to work on her people skills. She seems to be making no effort to build aliances. She will probably be the next one gone in her group.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• Lonestar Louisianian

I still don't see why striped shirt girl (Sierra?) can not still look for the immunity idol. She has the first clue. Her tribe hasn't gone to tribal council yet. If I were her, I'd be lookin for it any chance I got.

Yeah, Sandy is extremely irritating to me as well (somewhat akin to rough sandpaper on skin). Seems like she has a screw loose somewhere. Apparently the other girl was more irritating to the tribe than what was shown cause she got the vote. Still, I see Sandy following shortly.

And heck, let me start it off already... DO ANY OF THESE PLAYERS EVER WATCH THE SHOW?!!!

• My cuties!

"How much is 10 paces?" How dumb can you get?? She definitely has crazy eyes! I think she's next to go. They were right to get rid of Caralina, though, she was annoying!!

wow nice nice.. im lovin this show..
    just do what you think...

• is "Turn[ing] It Off"

I watched this earlier, and I waited until it aired through all the time zones as to not technically reveale any spoilers.

I can't decide if I hate or love the combo immunity and reward challenges. In one hand, I think the winner gets too much with immunity and the reward (after the first show since this is the usual premiere format). On the other hand, I love it because we get to see more of the contestants.

I don't like these kind of challenges because it's almost completely strength based. Yeah, they limited the girl/boy ratio most of the time. Some of them really took a beating during this one. I thought the exile was really funny since two people got to go and one didn't get a clue. However, Brendan is all kinds of special since he didn't realize the clue meant it was back at camp AND that Sierra has the bigger clue that will get him the same exact idol. It's kinda like a durrrrrr .... I don't get some of these Survivors. Maybe, the lack of food is effecting them?!?

I wasn't completely happy with the boot because she kicked butt in the challenge, but you can't have everything. I really like Sierra. I don't think she'll win, but I still like her. I know I'm going to dislike Coach (Ben) and his cronies. Hopefully, Sierra, Brendan, and the other stragglers of the tribe can get someone to mutiny (the new exile twist) so that they can form a sold numbered alliance. It's doubtful, though.

The next episode looks interesting from the previews. I'm really curious about the Taj conversation and a possible alliance. I wonder if it was at exile.

• Circle of Ancients

I guess this season is not as exciting as the seasons before. Two young girls out already!?! Wow.

Brendan and Sierra seem like a good alliance but Brendan seems like a sneak.

I haven't quite figured out the rest of the contestants. Couple of them seem quiet.

Coach seems conniving and I wonder how far Tamara will get in the game considering she's married to a pro football player.

• is "Turn[ing] It Off"

Quote Originally Posted by Ginarella View Post
    I guess this season is not as exciting as the seasons before. Two young girls out already!?! Wow.
    Yeah, I had more momentum and excitement for last season. However, as it progressed, it got more boring. I hate when one tribe Pagongs another tribe. It became almost predictable (minus the Bob factor). Towards the end, there was way too much bitterness with everyone. It was kinda lame. They gotta realize that they are on a reality show.

I enjoyed tonight's show. I only wish they wouldn't have show Coach as much as they did. I find him neither interesting nor good television. When him and Tyson (his "assistant" coach) get blindsided, I'll honestly be on the floor laughing. With all of Tyson's confessionals about wanting to crush dreams by blindsiding (Erinn), it's soooooo gotta be foreshadowing. Luckily, Timbira got it right at tribal, though. Unfortunately, Brendan and Sierra and Erinn are on that tribe. I like those three. They gotta form an alliance with Debra. He told Taj at Exile that he was working on trust with Sierra.

Over at the Jalapao tribe, I kinda like Taj because her Exile island time with Brendan (and possible alliance). I think Sandy has a few loose screws after the first episode. Other than that, I haven't really gotten to form a good opinion on any of them because they are either too boring right now or they haven't gotten enough time on the show. I don't even know their names. I think I recall a Spencer, but I don't know.

Next week, I think Taj is gonna be ratted out by that one dude on her tribe. I don't know his name, but I thought I saw the "I'm gonna tell on you" look on his face.

Oh! It was about time we got a separate reward and immunity challenge. I liked both of them even though Jalapao won them.

• Circle of Ancients

If Taj goes postal too soon in this game, there goes her chance in the final four.

I like Taj and Brendan so far.

• Circle of Ancients

Yeah, she'd better watch it or they are going to blow their alliance.

They'd just better hope nobody else gets sent to exile and get's their clues. Although, depending on who it is, they could just bring them into the alliance somehow.

I really thought they were going to vote Taj out.

• is "Turn[ing] It Off"

I completely missed last weeks episode because American Idol. I could've watched it on the CBS website, but I didn't really feel like it since I found out that Sandy got the boot.

For this episode, I loved all the challenges. The only small gripe was Jeff Probst didn't announce the letters from home as a reward prize (unless I missed it). I think it could have given Timbira some more motivation, but oh well. With the whole Exile thing, I'm soooo glad that Stephen didn't tell anyone about the secret alliance. I had my doubts, and I was worried ... on a side note, Jeff Probst confirmed something about the hidden immunity idol (hii) on a blog that he writes for EW.
    Spoiler
    Here's the exert:
    ... INSIGHT: Within the rules of Survivor, Taj has absolutely zero claim to the idol. If you give the idol to someone for "safe keeping" you better trust them because the person who possesses it owns it. Period. The only exception is theft -you cannot steal the idol from someone.

So the moment Taj handed that idol to Stephen she gave away the single most powerful thing in the game and trust me, Stephen is aware of this stroke of luck. Even if she had put conditions on it, such as "you have to give it to me if I need it" - doesn't matter. Remember Dreams and Yau-Man and the car negotiation for a vote that never materialized. Same thing. A Survivor agreement is only as good as the word of the person on the other end of the negotiation. ...

When Timbira won the immunity challenge, I was soooo happy because I wanted Sierra, Brendan, and Erinn safe since they are my favs. Erinn has grown on my because her confessionals about Coach. They got me laughing each time! I hope she stays around long because she's entertaining. At Jalapao, I still have the name problem. I only know three two peoples names. I really liked both people that were chosen by that one dude to get voted out. Unless I missed it last week, what does the blond even do on that tribe ... anything?

It looks like March Madness will takes its usual Spring toll on Survivor. There is no show next week. Then, the week after is a Wednesday recrap show (March 25th). Has there even been enough episodes one of these, yet?!? Anyway, we have to wait until, I think, April 2nd for a new episode ... ugh!

• Circle of Ancients

Survivor won't be on tonight because of College Basketball. It will resume next week on March 25,2009 8pm pac time.

• phbbbbbt

Quote Originally Posted by Ginarella View Post
    Survivor won't be on tonight because of College Basketball. It will resume next week on March 25,2009 8pm pac time.
    Grrrrrr.......
    xo, Deanna

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast