Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Desperate Housewives - Season 5 - Caution: Spoilers Allowed

Now I am shocked and surprised there was not a thread for this popular show. And I searched for it and found nothing.

First off, kinda weird with the storyline since the beginning of this season shooting forward in time about 5 years. I guess it's kinda like starting fresh for new storylines. It's nice to see Susan getting a little backbone in regards to her son. Sad that she and Mike got divorced. But they had to bring in Dave somehow. Also nice to see Gabby & Carlos back together, they're great together, especially with Carlos having his eyesight back. Scary to see Tom actually shaking one of the twins last night, felt sorry for the kid though who's already been through so much. Lynnette still has that laugh out loud interactions when it comes to her and the kids. (When she saw the hot older woman at the table the twins were fighting over on who gets to serve her.) Dave going to put his plans into motion against Mike next week. And we all now know that Edie is FINALLY going to be written off at the end of the season. I use the word finally in all caps because I have heard this for like the last 2 or 3 seasons. And I thought it was going to be the end of her when she tried to kill herself, or when she left town. Anyone got any thoughts or opinions on how shes going to "end her stay" on Wisteria Lane? Or perhaps any other thoughts or opinions on the show or the season thus far? And last I heard, I read that producer and creator Marc Cherry is looking to end the show after 7 seasons. Which means we have about 1 & 1/2 seasons left in this. So gossip away and feel free to add any spoilers if you find any. Please just handle them appropriately.
    Last edited by AidensDaddy; 02-16-2009 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Because I'm an idiot!!!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Re: Desperate Housewives - Season 5 - Caution: Spoilers Allowed

You scared me there when you said BREE would be gone at the end of the season - I think you mean Edie? I have heard some rumors that her departure will be related to Dave trying to kill people, but that's about all.
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how youd meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later youd be playing like you were best friends?"

• I'll pencil this in later

Quote Originally Posted by tinkermonkey View Post
    You scared me there when you said BREE would be gone at the end of the season - I think you mean Edie? I have heard some rumors that her departure will be related to Dave trying to kill people, but that's about all.
    That scared me too, hmm maybe Dave will kill her?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by tinkermonkey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayangelo View Post
    That scared me too, hmm maybe Dave will kill her?
    Yes, I did mean Edie. For some insane reason, I've always gotten the names Bree and Edie mixed up and obviously stupidity and idiocy struck again! I've fixed the error in the blog though.

Yeah last season when it ended with the 5yrs forward,,, I didn't like it and this season stayed with it and I haven't really been able to get into it since I liked Mike and Susan together after all they went through.... I read in other blogs about the show that people predicted way back that Dave is the husband and dad to the people killed by Mike and that seems to be true so what was his deal with Mrs. Mccloskie then--- to throw us off ??? I have missed a few shows and it haven't caught my interest so far.....
    Disneyland Deluxe Passholder

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by kelkan View Post
    Yeah last season when it ended with the 5yrs forward,,, I didn't like it and this season stayed with it and I haven't really been able to get into it since I liked Mike and Susan together after all they went through.... I read in other blogs about the show that people predicted way back that Dave is the husband and dad to the people killed by Mike and that seems to be true so what was his deal with Mrs. Mccloskie then--- to throw us off ??? I have missed a few shows and it haven't caught my interest so far.....
    He is the father of the mother and boy that was killed in the accident. At the beginning of the season, they were hinting that he had plans for one of the residents. Then at the end of the episode where the bar burned down, Dave saves Mike from the burning building, and says to him where only he could hear him "Hang in there buddy, I've got plans for you."

• Oh bother!

I was pretty shocked by Lynette and Tom's kids poor attitude about helping out in the restaurant. Hello... your parents are about to go bankrupt, it's in your best interest to help the out! And Porter... his parents just risked everything to keep him out of jail.
    WDW '82 '90 '94 '99 '01 '04 '09x2 '10
    DLR '05 '06 '08 '13

those women at their age are still hot.. yeah im watching it but my wife doesnt like it though lol..
    just do what you think...

• Minion

If there was a movie celeb that I would like to see on Desperate Housewives, I would like to see Nicole Kidman on it. Not just a "Stepford Wives' kinda thing, but I think she could be on the show to play Bree's sister. And in re to previous posts, yes I do mean Bree, not Edie.

• Minion

According to tv.com, the next new episode is scheduled to air on Sunday March 8th.

Crime Doesn't Pay Airs: Sunday March 8, 2009
    In a gesture of friendship, Bree tells Lynette she'll help Tom secure a new job, but the best intentions will reach a tempestuous end and reveal Orson's shameful misdeeds. Gaby finds herself in a precarious position when Carlos' adulterous boss begins using her to cover for himself as he continues to cheat on his wife. Meanwhile, Edie digs into Dave's past after a chance encounter with an old acquaintance.

• DL Fan

This season has been really great. I'm not really a fan of Mike and Kathryn though. Gabby has been awesome this year and I love Bree like always.

EXTREME SPOILER WARING

Spoiler
    The housewife who is leaving is Edie. It is no secret her and Marc Cherry (the shows creator) do not get along very well. In the 18th or 19th episode Dave will try to kill her and she will escape in her car. Unfortunately for Edie, there will be an accident involving her car and an electrical wire. Edie will die as a result of this.
    Partner in Crime: Smaps.

Go Huskies!!!

Disneyland: September 12th to 19th

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

I'm soooooo glad that Edie is leaving. Can't stand her!
    I don't see why Tom can't hire back SOME of the kids.. they had like 6 kids working iwth no customers? Why not only call in one or two? Why fire them ALL?
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Minion

So after Edie is gone, is Dave staying on the show?

• Oh bother!

Apparently not. He only signed a 1 season contract.
    WDW '82 '90 '94 '99 '01 '04 '09x2 '10
    DLR '05 '06 '08 '13

• Minion

Well Edie certainly could've had a better send off. Loved Lynette's line to Carlos "I'm gonna get drunk and trash my boss!"

And per tv.com, the next episode ain't till 4/19/09. And that's the only one listed for the future. Perhaps, there will be more updated. They certainly can't have the season end next month.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast