Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Re: "The Tonight Show With Conan O'Brien"

I enjoyed the premiere. I am a huge Leno fan, so I am not super happy with the change. But I was willing to give Conan a chance and I thought it was pretty good for a premiere. Sometimes these shows take a little while to find their footing- Jimmy Fallon hasn't come close to finding his, IMO. And I had high hopes for him.

I liked the opening graphics a lot, they looked great. And the set is gorgeous. I liked it, I'll keep watching! I think he has much more in store for us.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Sorry if someone else has already mentioned this, but I just wanted to say something about Leno's final show.

Nice idea for the ending, with all of the "Tonight Show" families.

But what a nice touch to have James Taylor on the show to sing "Sweet Baby James". Well into his 60's, and Mr. Taylor still belts it out of the park.

Nice touch, indeed. Now, to find that online source for Conan's opener since I forgot to set my DVR.

OFF TOPIC - Now that I think about it, I wonder how many people still today watch the show in "real time" at 11:35/10:35 Central....
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

My husband and I watch at least the first half of The Tonight Show live most nights. (well, not really live, but you know what I mean.) We are in Central Time and I LOVE having The Tonight Show and Saturday Night Live on at 10:30.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Rides against injustice

I thought Conan's first show was great. Had me laughing almost non stop the whole way through. The bit with the Studio Tram Tour was great.
    I was afraid he was going to change his show up but it still seemed alot like "Late Night". I dont think thats a bad thing, but there are many who were used to Jay that might not "get" Conan. We shall see.

As far as Jay's last show I thought it was very well done, but it wasnt as emotional as I thoguht it would be. I guess because he isnt really going anywhere it didnt seem as much of a goodbye as when Johnny Carson left.

Still, I'll miss Jay's monologues and I cant wait for his new show at 10pm this fall.
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro825 View Post
    I thought Conan's first show was great. Had me laughing almost non stop the whole way through. The bit with the Studio Tram Tour was great.
    I was afraid he was going to change his show up but it still seemed alot like "Late Night". I dont think thats a bad thing, but there are many who were used to Jay that might not "get" Conan. We shall see.
    Tonight Show audience will change. Simple as that. Old one will probably just go to sleep. New one will be hipper and fresher.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    OFF TOPIC - Now that I think about it, I wonder how many people still today watch the show in "real time" at 11:35/10:35 Central....
    Who watches ANYTHING in real time anymore?
    I started watching the DVR of Conan at around midnight. Ended around 12:45 or so. Saved 15 minutes of my life.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• no flash photography...

I watched it today on hulu. The first time I've ever used hulu.

• Hey-Yo!

The joke about the octomom on the tram tour had me laughing so hard. I almost peed my pants, it was that funny.
    Goonies Never Say Die

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    The mix on Pearl Jam sucked royally. I'm not sure whether this was performed before Conan's taping, as Jay used to do, mainly to make sure the mix is right. Can do multiple performances adjusting the knobs. He'll learn. Being on the West coast, he doesn't have as much time to fix things before it airs on the East Coast (assuming the standard 5-7 taping time).

The show is taped from 5-6pm pacific time.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Rides against injustice

Tonight Show audience will change. Simple as that. Old one will probably just go to sleep. New one will be hipper and fresher.
    lol..or just watch Jay at 10pm and goto bed after. I agree though, i think people that were fans of Jay and not fans of Conan will not be converted now.
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    The show is taped from 5-6pm pacific time.
    OK, that's 2.5 hours to fix everything up nice for 11:35 EDT broadcast.
    In NYC he taped at about the same time, though in East coast time I think, so that would have been 6.5 hours to fix everything up nice (plus he aired an hour later).

• MiceChat Moderator

OK, that's 2.5 hours to fix everything up nice for 11:35 EDT broadcast.
    In NYC he taped at about the same time, though in East coast time I think, so that would have been 6.5 hours to fix everything up nice (plus he aired an hour later).

I'm pretty sure it's shot to tape. Meaning unless there's anything that REALLY needs to be fixed, there's not a whole lot to edit. When they tape the show, it has empty spots for commercial breaks, it has all the gags, the band... it's shot exactly in the same amount of time that it's on the air.

There might be some minor editing but not a lot of sound mixing or anything like that.

• Goofy

im glad he hasn't changed one bit. same old conan lol. good to see max weinberg. are the band still the same?

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    im glad he hasn't changed one bit. same old conan lol. good to see max weinberg. are the band still the same?
    Mostly the same yah. I haven't seen the Late Night version in awhile but recognize a lot of the band members.

CO-CO! CO-CO! CO-CO! Loved how Tom Hanks was pushing for that nickname. Twitter Tracker is also my new favorite thing.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's shot to tape. Meaning unless there's anything that REALLY needs to be fixed, there's not a whole lot to edit. When they tape the show, it has empty spots for commercial breaks, it has all the gags, the band... it's shot exactly in the same amount of time that it's on the air.

There might be some minor editing but not a lot of sound mixing or anything like that.
    Well, Pearl Jam sounded awful. Eddie wasn't loud enough, not that I could understand what he was singing if he were louder.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast