Could you guys sign my petition to bring "Home Improvement" back for a spin-off?

I absolutely LOVE Home Improvement and I was thinking about a spin-off and how amazing that would be.

Anyone care to sign? I've only got 8 =/
    Home Improvement spin-off! Petition

re: Could you guys sign my petition to bring "Home Improvement" back for a spin-off?

i loved that show!!!
    "If you want breakfast in bed sleep in the kitchen!"

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

re: Could you guys sign my petition to bring "Home Improvement" back for a spin-off?

I liked the show too...but while I don't want to rain on your parade, patricia, I just can't see it.

Most spin-offs I can remember happened either while the original series was still happening, or maybe the season after it ended.

Really succesful spinoffs in any case have been few and far between. And the original show went off the air about ten years ago!

Most importantly, I don't think Tim Allen, Patricia Richardson, Richard Karn or others would be that interested in coming back. The shows I've seen about the cast suggest that they were more than ready to move on.

Plus, one of the great characters on the show - Wilson (Earl Hindman) is gone.

I can see a Brady-or-Gilligan like reunion special in a few years, but not much else. The show ran its course.

We can still enjoy all those reruns, about four hours at least per day between TBS and Nick.

-- Barry

PS...I also must disagree about the 90's being the "height of entertainment" or whatever.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Iron-Clad Allie

I was signer #17. Very nice work in putting together the petition, Patricia. Was a regular viewer and would very much enjoy a new spin off series.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Re: Could you guys sign my petition to bring "Home Improvement" back for a spin-off?

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    I liked the show too...but while I don't want to rain on your parade, patricia, I just can't see it.

Most spin-offs I can remember happened either while the original series was still happening, or maybe the season after it ended.

Really succesful spinoffs in any case have been few and far between. And the original show went off the air about ten years ago!

Most importantly, I don't think Tim Allen, Patricia Richardson, Richard Karn or others would be that interested in coming back. The shows I've seen about the cast suggest that they were more than ready to move on.

Plus, one of the great characters on the show - Wilson (Earl Hindman) is gone.

I can see a Brady-or-Gilligan like reunion special in a few years, but not much else. The show ran its course.

We can still enjoy all those reruns, about four hours at least per day between TBS and Nick.

-- Barry

PS...I also must disagree about the 90's being the "height of entertainment" or whatever.
    Yea, that's what I thought, but it's worth a shot 8D!
    When I said "height of entertainment" it was just because it sounded appealing. What a perfect way to kill space too!