Thread: "Castle" on ABC

• Disneyland PAP

"Castle" on ABC

I dunno how long this thread'll last after watching the first episode, but I'm a big fan of Mr. Fillion and Firefly/Serenity. So why not start a new thread?

I watched my DVR-recording last night. It was funny how I wished the story was as smart as the stuff on Firefly. But it's very cheesy, which I like, and I enjoyed this first episode. I don't watch a lotta TV, but I'll be recording this for a while and stick with it.

Anyone else saw it?

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Re: "Castle" on ABC

I watched it and liked it. TV is weird for me this year. I wanted to LOVE Trust Me on TNT, but find myself feeling like I "have" to watch it because I like the actors, but the stories aren't that interesting. I chosed to watch Castle even though I don't generally like any cop style shows. Burn Notice is the closest I come I think?

Anyway, I watched it because I like Nathan Fillion. Have since forever. So I watched. I only had one problem with it - I was waiting for him to break out in random song. Yep - too many viewings of Dr Horrible for me! I really liked it. The two lead characters have good chemistry to build on. The fact that his "authors poker game" was a real thing with the real authors there - that was a fun surprise! I will definitely keep watching.
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I was a dork that kept thinking Nathan was going to bust out into what the Hammer really is.

I liked it. I mean... it was cute. Apparently the idea for the show came from NYC post 9/11, where the police had horror writers write worst case scenerios and then the police tried to figure what to do in case these things happen that way they could be prepared. Anyhow it's like Moonlighting. I liked the mom being kinda' loose and the daughter being reserved. Who were the writers in the poker game?

nice going to watch it....
    just do what you think...

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    I was a dork that kept thinking Nathan was going to bust out into what the Hammer really is.

Fun little show. I will watch more.

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

I'm actually enjoying this show more that I thought I would. It's nothing amazing or groundbreaking, but it's fun. I, of couse, love Nathan Fillion and though he's playing his smarmy self they're seemed to find a good balance for him. i loved the nod to his One Life to Live roots in the most recent episode. And I too am waiting for him to start singing... hammer style.
    I also find myself really liking Beckett (Stana Katic) like more than I thought I would.

• mountains beyond mtns.

I've not actually watched this show but I guess I need to watch Dr. Horrible a few times more because I don't think of Captain Hammer when Nathan Fillion's name is mentioned and it's still a bit strange to see him burst into song.

Btw, I pass by that laundromat in Dr. Horrible daily

• Just this guy......

This show is not very deep... but it is a lot of fun! Great popcorn of a show with funny lines of dialog. If you have not seen it yet, you should check it out.

• Disneyland PAP

Who-wee, I've been busy lately! But I finally watched the 2nd and 3rd episodes on my DVR. It's exactly like ni_teach says, "…not very deep…but it is a lot of fun!"

Coincidentally, I just finished watching my Blu-rays of Firefly and Serenity. It was great to see the stuff that introduced him to his fans again.

• For You!

I've been watching the show and really love it. Which probably means it will be cancelled by October.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post
    I've been watching the show and really love it. Which probably means it will be cancelled by October.
    It is not on fox so it has a much better time of NOT being canceled.

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach View Post
    It is not on fox so it has a much better time of NOT being canceled.
    That is so spot-on funny! First Firefly, now the rumor is that Fox is pulling the plug on Joss Whedon's Dollhouse after half a season.

Back on topic, I watched two more episodes of Castle tonight, a really funny one about the politician (and the surprise appearance Beckett makes at the book reading) and a really serious one about the frozen murder victim. I'm really enjoyed the chemistry and situations these two leads are being put through. I found out the DVD is already on Amazon for pre-order. If they post a listing of it on Blu-ray, I'm so there.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I have 1 or 2 episodes on my DVR that I need to watch. I dig the show. ABC has episodes online right?

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    I have 1 or 2 episodes on my DVR that I need to watch. I dig the show. ABC has episodes online right?
    Yes they do. I went to the site after watching my DVR'd episodes to explore and noticed they offered episodes there and on iTunes.

?Castle? ABC TV Series starring Nathan Fillion

• Minion

The wife and I are enjoying this show quite a bit. Love the smarty pants wit, the premise is growing on me.