Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Now 40% less bitter!

The Tudors, Season 3 (Spoilers Allowed)

... I figured there would be spoilers anyway, seeing as how the show is based on history.
    I know this tends to be an adult show, but if it's all right with everyone, I'd like to start a thread on it.
    So season three of The Tudors began on Showtime. I thought it was exciting. I'm not sure how those two new characters (Sir Francis and Lady mumble-mumble) fit into the story, but I assume they have bigger roles to play.
    I know my history on the royals, and I think any history buff is aware that they've already altered histiry some for the sake of the show (such as combining Henry's two sisters into one). But I'm afraid I don't know anything about the peasant's revolt that's taking place.
    I think the actors did a great job in this episode, the music was outstanding and the costumes were amazing.
    If anyone would like to add their oppinion of the show, or shed light on the actual history, then have at it, I pray you. Let the thread begin!
    Oo-de-lally!

• Now 40% less bitter!

Re: The Tudors, Season 3 (Spoilers Allowed)

Here's something from the December 9th issue of Ask Ausiello:

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on 'One Tree Hill,' 'Bones,' 'SVU,' 'Rescue Me,' 'House,' 'Psych,' 'Grey's Anatomy,' 'Pushing Daisies,' 'Heroes,' and More! | Ask Ausiello | Ausiello Files | EW.com

Spoiler

Question: When does the third season of The Tudors begin? -- Mary
    Ausiello: Sometime in April. Scoop: By season's end, Henry (Jonathan Rhys Meyers) hooks up with wife No. 5, Catherine Howard. "She is the most dangerous girl you have ever seen," says JRM. "And the girl who plays her is the most dangerous girl you’ve ever seen. She's extraordinary." Okay, I'll bite: Who's playing her? "I can't tell you. It's a secret." Oh, really? We'll see about that. (Psst: If you work at Showtime or The Tudors and are reading this, please e-mail me the name of the actress playing Catherine. Your anonymity is guaranteed.)
    Oo-de-lally!

• Now 40% less bitter!

This from the December 16th issue of Ask Ausiello (I suppose I should read these all before I post):

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on 'Lost,' 'House,' 'Pushing Daisies,' 'Friday Night Lights,' 'Heroes,' 'CSI: NY,' 'The Office,' 'Life on Mars,' and More! | Ask Ausiello | Ausiello Files | EW.com

Spoiler
    Question: So, who's playing the role of Catherine Howard on The Tudors? Surely, someone at the show responded to your plea for scoop in last week's Ask Ausiello. -- Ted
    Ausiello:
    They sure did, Ted. A well-placed (and, as promised, totally anonymous) Tudors spy e-mailed me to say up-and-coming UK actress Tamzin Merchant scored the plum part, and she'll debut in season 3's eighth episode. In other news, I would just like to take this opportunity to say key grip assistants are the unsung heroes of Hollywood.
    Oo-de-lally!

• Now 40% less bitter!

... And from the April 1st issue of Ask Ausiello:

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on 'House,' 'Lost', 'Grey's Anatomy,' 'Housewives,' 'Scrubs,' 'Bones.' 'Supernatural,' 'Heroes,' '24,' and more! | 24, 30 Rock, Ask Ausiello, Big Love, Bones, CSI, Desperate Housewives, ER, Grey's Anatomy, Heroes, House, Lauren

Question: I am so excited about the third season of The Tudors! Got any new scoop? --Hannah
    Ausiello:
    Pay close attention to the "previously on" recap airing right before Sunday's premiere, because methinks Showtime orchestrated an elaborate cover-up. Actually, meknows. In an effort to make us forget that the role of Jane Seymour had been recast during the hiatus (Annabelle Wallis is in, Anita Briem is out), Showtime digitally removed Briem from all the scenes featuring the future Queen and inserted Wallis instead. Translation: Either Showtime thinks we're really stupid or Briem burned some serious bridges on her way out the door.
    Oo-de-lally!

• Now 40% less bitter!

Finally, you can watch the season premier online (it debuted online on March 21st, but I waited until it was on tv) on Showtime's site. The Tudors On Showtime - The Tudors Official Site

(Just a reminder that it is an adult show. This one is not as intense as some of the other episodes can be. But if anyone prefers that I don't post the link to the episodes anymore, I'll remove this one and you can hunt for it, yourselves.)
    Okay, I'm done posting for tonight.
    Oo-de-lally!

• Minion

I saw Jonathan Rhys Meyers on the View, and had never heard of this show (I don't have showtime) and thought it looked intersting to say the least.
    I was at my local Blockbuster this week and was in the TV series section and I spotted season ONE!!!! $6 for a week for the WHOLE season!! WOO HOO!! and I'm LOVING it!! Up to ep 7 at the moment

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya !

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!?

• Oh bother!

Great minds think alike Tassie!

After seeing the View I rented Season 1 on Saturday morning and couldn't tear myself away from the tv until I'd watched the entire season!

I'm going to start Season 2 asap!

BTW, I'm from Canada and here it airs on CBC (our national publically funded broadcaster) but in a "cut" version. I gather they edit out the naughty bits as well as any graphic violence.
    WDW '82 '90 '94 '99 '01 '04 '09x2 '10
    DLR '05 '06 '08 '13

• Now 40% less bitter!

You guys are gonna love season 2. It's amazing!
    Oo-de-lally!

• Now 40% less bitter!

If you want to delve into the story further and don't know the full history of Henry VIII and the people around him, here is a site to help you go nuts.
    King Henry VIII (1491-1547)

It is part of a greater site, Luminarium: Anthology of English Literature This site is so incredibly full of information and literature from the medieval period to the nineteenth century, that if you were able to retain all of the information presented, you could make a doctorate in classic literature blush.
    Oo-de-lally!

• Now 40% less bitter!

All right, I'm doing some quick research on the two new characters introduced in the last episode, and this is what I'm finding out.

Francis Bryan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (the dude with the eyepatch)

Sir Francis Bryan (about 1490 – 2 February 1550[1]) was an English courtier and diplomat during the reign of Henry VIII. He was chief Gentleman of the Privy chamber and Lord Chief Justice of Ireland.[1] Unlike many of his contemporaries, Bryan always retained Henry's favour, achieving this by altering his opinions to conform to the king's.[2] His lack of principle at the time of his cousin Anne Boleyn's downfall led to him earning the nickname "the Vicar of Hell".[3]
    Apparently, the Boleyn's still have family members within power.
    Spoiler
    Catharine Howard, Henry's fifth wife, was Anne's cousin on her mother's side.

From what I can tell, Lady Ursula Misseldon is a made-up person. According to the biography on Sir Francis Bryan, he was rumored to help Henry find mistresses. Judging by the previews for next week's episode, that may be her sole purpose.
    Also, there's a Tudors wiki, based on the show, brought to us by Showtime.

The Tudors Fan Wiki - The Tudors Wiki
    Oo-de-lally!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by AliKzam View Post
    If you want to delve into the story further and don't know the full history of Henry VIII and the people around him, here is a site to help you go nuts.
    King Henry VIII (1491-1547)

It is part of a greater site, Luminarium: Anthology of English Literature This site is so incredibly full of information and literature from the medieval period to the nineteenth century, that if you were able to retain all of the information presented, you could make a doctorate in classic literature blush.
    Thanks this may help me. I love The Tudors.

• Now 40% less bitter!

Absolutely! Glad to help. At the bottom of the page on Henry's life, there are links to the lives of the other people who were connected to him including wives, family and advisors. It's massive.
    Oo-de-lally!

• Now 40% less bitter!

This is darn funny.

www.whothetudorareyou.com

Once you think it shows you the answer, wait.
    I was an actress, just below a prostitute, but I think I'll play around with it to see what else there is.
    Oo-de-lally!

• Minion

I was sooo hoping that Wolsey would die a slow death from the sweating sickness LOL LOL I hope he gets whats coming to him!!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by hoppypooh View Post
    Great minds think alike Tassie!

After seeing the View I rented Season 1 on Saturday morning and couldn't tear myself away from the tv until I'd watched the entire season!

I'm going to start Season 2 asap!

BTW, I'm from Canada and here it airs on CBC (our national publically funded broadcaster) but in a "cut" version. I gather they edit out the naughty bits as well as any graphic violence.

LOL LOL I'm the opposite, I'm taking it slowly, cause I don't want it to end. I don't know if season two is here yet, I didn't see it at the DVD store
    Mine is due back at teh store today, and I only have two eps to watch

Charles M. Schulz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast