Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    12,350

    V (Merged Threads)

    I was reading this article regarding Lost and I noticed this little snippet. I was a big fan this show in the 80's and I'm really happy they are bringing it back.


    And now for some news that should surprise no one: ABC is expected to announce tomorrow that it has picked up a reboot of the camptastic '80s thriller V and that Lost heroine Elizabeth Mitchell is a full-time castmember.
    'Lost' scoop: Juliet mystery (sort of) solved | Lost | Ausiello Files | EW.com

  2. #2

    • far, far away from DL
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lititz, Pennsylvaina
    Posts
    811

    re: V (Merged Threads)

    Yay! I loved V back in the day. You can't have too much scifi on tv.

  3. #3

    • Married and happy again!!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Hershey Pa, aka Chocolatetown USA
    Posts
    4,325

    re: V (Merged Threads)

    Sweet V's coming back to tv. That was on of mt favorite 80's shows.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!























  4. #4

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,239

    "V" The Series Is Back!!!! On ABC for the 2009 - 2010 MidSeason Schedule

    It's funny, I was just thinking about the old series the other day, kinda wanting to watch the whole thing.

    Anyone remember this? I'm sure there are that do. It starred Marc Singer among others, and it was a TV Mini Series that aired in the mid 80's, had a brief series run. It was about lizard like aliens disguised as humans coming to earth, promising peace. But they had a hidden agenda. They were planning on harvesting all humans, as well as the natural resources. A resistance was led against them, and naturally they were defeated.


    Well, when I was searching YouTube for an ad/promo I saw during the finale of Dancing With The Stars, I saw the trailer below. Within the description, it stated that ABC is bringing a remake to their 2009 - 2010 midseason schedule.

    It looks pretty sweet!!! Hope it is as good as the original.


    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQoSCEMzJYE]YouTube - ABC "V" TV SERIES PILOT PROMO TRAILER[/ame]



    There was also this one:


    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahjPQjQGdbU&NR=1"]YouTube - V - Upfront Trailer[/ame]
    Last edited by AidensDaddy; 05-22-2009 at 09:16 PM.

  5. #5

    •   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Posts
    65,347
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: "V" The Series Is Back!!!! On ABC for the 2009 - 2010 MidSeason Schedule

    That was the one show that totally and completely scared the daylights out of our daughter when she was little.




    Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


    Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

  6. #6

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,239

    Re: "V" The Series Is Back!!!! On ABC for the 2009 - 2010 MidSeason Schedule

    It also starred that one guy who was the general in the first Starship Troopers, and did the voice of Darkside in the Adventures of Superman & Justice League cartoons.

  7. #7

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,239

    re: V (Merged Threads)

    Dang Nabbit!!! I'm sorry Summer, I didn't see you already posted a thread on this.

    I posted one, complete with the trailers that can be seen on youtube.


    Here's the link.

    http://micechat.com/forums/tv/116871...post1055351761



    And if I remember correctly, it was a mini series that aired on NBC back in the day. I came upon the trailers while trying to look for the ABC promos that aired during the Dancing finale.

  8. #8

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,239

    re: V (Merged Threads)

    BTW, Elizabeth Mitchell plays an FBI agent, who discovers the Visitors hidden plot. Scott Wolfe (from Party of 5 fame) plays a high profile TV journalist.

  9. #9

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,239

    Re: V (Merged Threads)

    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    I was reading this article regarding Lost and I noticed this little snippet. I was a big fan this show in the 80's and I'm really happy they are bringing it back.




    'Lost' scoop: Juliet mystery (sort of) solved | Lost | Ausiello Files | EW.com
    Quote Originally Posted by AidensDaddy View Post
    It's funny, I was just thinking about the old series the other day, kinda wanting to watch the whole thing.

    Anyone remember this? I'm sure there are that do. It starred Marc Singer among others, and it was a TV Mini Series that aired in the mid 80's, had a brief series run. It was about lizard like aliens disguised as humans coming to earth, promising peace. But they had a hidden agenda. They were planning on harvesting all humans, as well as the natural resources. A resistance was led against them, and naturally they were defeated.


    Well, when I was searching YouTube for an ad/promo I saw during the finale of Dancing With The Stars, I saw the trailer below. Within the description, it stated that ABC is bringing a remake to their 2009 - 2010 midseason schedule.

    It looks pretty sweet!!! Hope it is as good as the original.



    Quote Originally Posted by AidensDaddy View Post
    Dang Nabbit!!! I'm sorry Summer, I didn't see you already posted a thread on this.

    I posted one, complete with the trailers that can be seen on youtube.






    And if I remember correctly, it was a mini series that aired on NBC back in the day. I came upon the trailers while trying to look for the ABC promos that aired during the Dancing finale.
    Threads merged, with the credit going to the original poster, Summer.

    Courtesy of Penguinsoda.

  10. #10

    • Married and happy again!!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Hershey Pa, aka Chocolatetown USA
    Posts
    4,325

    Re: V (Merged Threads)

    After reading this it mad me pull out my dvd set for V. an I forgot how great of a show it was.

    Now if I can only get a reboot of Alien Nation *sigh* .
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!























Similar Threads

  1. [Question] What's on your feet???(Merged Threads)
    By coachnancy in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 07-17-2009, 12:03 AM
  2. Who wants Disneyland in HD! (merged threads)
    By SplashMoun10 in forum Community Outpost
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 02-07-2008, 11:31 PM
  3. What are you going to be for Halloween (merged threads)
    By larasound in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 10-30-2007, 04:44 PM
  4. What do you want to see with HM? (Merged threads)
    By lazyboy97O in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 05-10-2006, 06:26 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •