• Electra Woman and Dyna Girl

3 37.50%
  • Far Out Space Nuts

1 12.50%
  • Lost Saucer

1 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.

• Married and happy again!!

Cool Are there any Sid and Marty Krofft fans here.

I was just watching a replay of this years TvLand awards. And while watching it I was paying attention to the tribute to Sid and Marty Krofft and just wondered how many fans of The World Of Sid and Marty Krofft where here on MC? I was such a fan of thier work as a kid and even now I love to wach thier fantastic shows. So far I have bought every box set of thier shows that have been releast to date (including the recently released Pufnstuf full length movie).

So if there are any fans here I'd love to discuse any of thier shows since I loved them all. MY favorited included: H.R.Pufnstuf, Electra Woman and Dyna Girl, Lidsville, Bugaloos, Sigmund and the Sea Monsters, Lost Saucer, Far Out Space Nuts Wonderbug, Dr. Shrinker, Pryor's Place, Land Of The Lost and the 1991 remake of that show. As well as some of the shows that had the Krofft puppets in it or that they produced: Donny & Marie, The Brady Bunch Hour,Barbara Mandrell and the Mandrell Sisters, D.C. Follies, Family Affair, The Bannana Splits Adventure Hour, The Great Space Coaster as well as many, many other super shows and specials.

We can also talk about the very short lived World Of Sid and Marty Krofft amusementpark at what is now the CNN Center (open for a mear 6 months) or even the soon to be released Land Of The Lost movie. BTW if you happen to have any photos of the WOSAMK amusementpark in Atlanta PLEASE, PLEASE post them. If you have any episodes of any of the Krofft shows that their series have not been released on dvd and care to share feel free to please.
    Last edited by Jessicalover; 06-02-2009 at 06:16 PM.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

Re: Are there any Sid and Marty Krofft fans here.

I guess I'm by myself in the love of the genius works of the Kroffts?
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Those shows were such an psychedelic, acid-trip trainwreck they're hard not to watch, even today. Sid & Marty have always claimed they never did drugs but come on... you can NOT come up with stuff like that stone-cold sober.

All I know is acid trip or not I loved these shows as kid. Funny thing I love them as much now as I did then.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Wow... now there's a name I haven't heard in a very long time... I used to love watching their shows as a kid. Didn't they also do Sigmund the Sea Monster?
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

I hated them then and I hate them even more now. So...that's a no.

But I'm sure there are plenty of fans out there.

Quote Originally Posted by OogieBoogie View Post
    Wow... now there's a name I haven't heard in a very long time... I used to love watching their shows as a kid. Didn't they also do Sigmund the Sea Monster?

Yes They did and what a funny show too sadly I could only list 10 of thier marvelous shows in the poll. I am still waiting for season 2 of that on dvd. I hope it is released soon. Also I'm hoping that Electra Woman And Dyna Girl along with several others are released too. It was so great to see them honored at the Tv Land awards. They were ahead of thier time as far as I'm concered. I would love to see new stuff produced by them I'm sure a few in here were surprised by the sheer number of shows that the had some conection to is some manner or another. F.Y.I if you are a fan of H.R. Pufnstuf I highly recomend picking up the new Pufnstuf dvd. It is of the original movie that launched the the Saturday morning show and is great. Still hoping someone out there has photos of the World Of Sid And Marty Krofft amusment park that was in Atlanta.

SnorkletsMom

I hated them then and I hate them even more now. So...that's a no.
    Ok, so if you dislike them so much why come into a post clearly asking for fans of thier unique work? If you don't like them don't read the post.
    Last edited by Jessicalover; 06-02-2009 at 06:15 PM.

• Banned User

its been a while since I saw the original land of the lost series. did the marshal family ever get home? the premise of the later series (seasons?) was that their dad entered one of the time portals but disappeared. did he get home as well? or is he lost in time? also, according to the sleestak scientist that the family befriended somehow made his way home to his time, he mentioned that the land that they found was actually earth of the future. is this correct? or was it according to his perspective?

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfan07 View Post
    its been a while since I saw the original land of the lost series. did the marshal family ever get home? the premise of the later series (seasons?) was that their dad entered one of the time portals but disappeared. did he get home as well? or is he lost in time? also, according to the sleestak scientist that the family befriended somehow made his way home to his time, he mentioned that the land that they found was actually earth of the future. is this correct? or was it according to his perspective?

Not a bad set of questions and as a total junkie of that show I can answer them. The sleestak (a.k.a. the Altrusian) you are refuring to is Enik btw. The short answer to if they went home ever has to be yes, although never sceen on the show. There was an episode called the "Circle" that was sceen at the end of the first season in which Enik tells the Marshals that they should not be there and that is why he could not leave either. It was said that they did not go threw a time door but should have died when the raft went over the falls. Enik enforms them the only way they can leave is if someone replaces them here and thatr was the same for him. Well he was showing them when they went over the falls in the time door he said they could switch with themselves but could not say what would happen on the other side. They did all jump in the time door at which point the show loops into it's beginning sequence. Pretty deep concept for a kids show don't you think? But I digress this was all filmed in case the show was not picked up for more seasons which it was for 2 more.

The episode you spoke of Rick did indeed make it home and his brother Jack stumbled into the time door and took his place. This took place in the start of the 3rd an final season of the original series. The reason I say yes they all made it home is that there is an episode in which a grown up Holly is seen in a time door. Also you need to take into acount the 1991 remake of the LOTL in which there are a few referances to another family who once was trapped but went home. Also the jungle girl Christa is from the same time and place (60's and California) as the Marshals and does mention them once or twice to the Porters during the shows 2 season run.

No the LOTL's was not to represent a future Earth. The sleestak's were the future of Enik's Altrusian people. The over time his people de-evolved into the more savage, less inteligent sleestaks you see on the show for the most part.
    I hope this helps answer questions somewhat.

p.s. Did you know that the 1991 remake was going to have a grown Holly and Cha-Ka reunite when it was Holly and her family went threw a time door. Sadly due to some conflits the Marshals (or whatever Holly's grown last name was to be) and Cha-Ka never got to be back and we got the Porters and Stink.