Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

The Next Food Network Star

Any fans out there? The new season has begun with ten new cooks. Who looks good and who should go home.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: The Next Food Network Star

We watched it, but I think it's still too early to make a decision on who stays and who goes yet. But, I'm sure we'll see them in all their glory soon.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I like the blonde, but it seems like she has some issues next week so who knows. There was a guy I liked but they all seem so generic.

I thought Debby? should have gone for lying to to her tea about the budget then choosing that gross and lame cake idea and trying ot say everyone chose it
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

I agree with you NeverNeverland about Debbie. She impressed them with her speech and her crab cakes, but she did make a horrible choice in the angle food cake and then saying it was everyone's idea.

I like the guy with the long hair. I hope he sticks around for a bit.

After the first show, my fav would be Jamika. She seems like she knows what she's doing and articulate. I think the veggie/healthy/earth girl has to go. She's terrible and annoying. I'm OK with Brett going. He had a lot of personality, just not one that I could watch over and over again. Also, does that one guy look like Pee Wee Herman to any one else?

I think he looks like Pee Wee and the guy in Son of Mask. (My kids watch that every time it is on TV.) Because of that, I find it hard to watch him. After his Valentine's dinner mess up, I think he is going to go soon. I agree with you on the veggie girl. Not interested in what she has to say. I like Jamika as well. She seems calm and cool.

Can't wait for next week.

• Banned User

I really like Jamika.. the others go from a "woo" to a "yuck" in my book. I couldn't have been happier that Brett got kicked off, especially after he tried to take credit for that one lady's food. As if presentation would have made the food taste any different.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

I don't generally watch that show, it always seems like the people who deserve to win loose.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Teddy and Eddie...tough choice this week. Personally, I would like to see them both go home, and I don't think it will be long before Teddy, with his questionable integrity, gets shipped out too! What's with him throwing people under the bus so much? It's crazy!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Teddy and Eddie...tough choice this week. Personally, I would like to see them both go home, and I don't think it will be long before Teddy, with his questionable integrity, gets shipped out too! What's with him throwing people under the bus so much? It's crazy!
    I love this show and finally got to watch this episode. They both needed to go. The liar and the arrogant jerk, both are not Star material.

• Circle of Ancients

I totally agree YoYo. And the thing was, it wasn't necessary. Even though he was in the bottom 2, I STILL don't think he was going to go home. The only reason he might of was because he threw another person "under the bus". And without that, who knows if he would have even been in the bottom 2.

It was sad because the two of them worked so well in the competition and to have it ruined like that was just stupid on his part.

I haven't really watched any of the past seasons but I can pretty much guarantee you none of the people who won threw people under the bus or had attitude like these people. It's not "Top Chef", they do realize they are basically auditioning to be on TV and that people have to like them.

So far, I don't see any "Guy Fieri's" on this show.

• Princess of my own world

I love this show!

I agree the veggie girl has to go. She's just annoying.

Teddy and Eddy... ick tough choice. but I'm glad they sent home the arrogant jerk. I couldn't believe the way he treated the other lady. On other seasons the housewives who have been on there have been treated with just as much respect as the other cooks, but this year with the guy who got sent home last week and Eddy it's totally different.
    Visit my blog: Shutters & Scribbles

Check out my class's Donors Choose page:
    Wildcat Projects
    **Donors Choose is a place where teachers post projects for their classes and request materials and/or technology for that project. People then can make donations starting at just $1 to help fund that project. This is a great way to support teachers and their classes!**

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Sadly, no one is really standing out to me as "tv worth watching." As much as I like this show, I don't know that they need to run it so often. It just reminds you that other than Guy, there hasn't been a real "star" come out of winning the show. I like watching Adam more than ... see, I can't even recall the winner from last year. He had a Mc in his last name? Aaron? Big Daddy is his show? Oh, wait, I've never made it through an entire episode of his show. That tells you something. On a lot of these types of shows, it isn't about the winning to make a star anyway.
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• Banned User

We're watching for the first time this year. (Thank you DVR God!) The Wife and I both like Jamika and Jeffrey best. The funny gay dude is great too. I can't stand Health Food Nazi Girl or the Addled Housewife Chick, but the worst was Cocky Frat Douche (so glad he's gone now.) I think Teddy will be the next to go. His actions have been inexcusable. Debbie irritates the hell out of me as well. She's such a con. She totally lied to everyone on the first episode, after going over budget and not getting half of everyone else's ingredients (though she seemed to have made room for everything she wanted.) I'll be glad when she's gone. The dishes have thus far been interesting, though all over the place. I get a kick out of the reactions of Bobby Flay, too. He may be the biggest Prima Donna on Food Network. Cracks me up.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I was partial to Adam over Aaron as well, especially since I went to high school with Adam.

So far, not too many of them appeal to me. Jeffrey, Michael (gourmet a go go?), and the blonde mom are the three best in my mind. Honestly, I think Food Network needs someone who's different than what they have already, and the mom is the best choice for that. No shows for the busy mom on FN, and I think it's a good choice for a new show.

We'll see how this week goes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast