• Minion

T.R. Knight Checks Out of 'Grey's Anatomy'

Yes we've all been hearing about this before.

Now it's confirmed.

T.R. Knight (George O'Malley) has left the hospital show.

T.R. Knight Checks Out of 'Grey's Anatomy' - Yahoo! TV Blog

It's official: George O'Malley (actor T.R. Knight) is saying goodbye to Seattle Grace Hospital.

EW.com reported that T.R. Knight's "Grey's Anatomy" contract was terminated Wednesday, and Knight's former "Grey's Anatomy" co-star Melissa George confirmed to Us Weekly that he is indeed leaving.

George, who called Knight one of her best friends, said she feels great for him. When asked what is next for Knight, she was a bit coy: "Oh, everything. He's had a good week. I'm not saying anything... We just went to see two Broadway shows in the last two days. That's something great, you know? For him." But as far as Katherine Heigl's future plans go, George seemed to be in the dark, admitting that she doesn't know whether "Grey's" will let Heigl, whose character is suffering from brain cancer, walk away as well.

See ya, O'Malley!

Oh, wait, that sounds a little too flippant, doesn't it? I mean, I'm not exactly excited to see T.R. leave "Grey's" for good, but it's not a huge surprise. His desire to leave the show (along with that of co-star Katherine Heigl) has been talked about for months, and then the season finale of "Grey's" had his character's life hanging in the balance after being hit by a bus. And since "Grey's" creator Shonda Rhimes recently tweeted that recasting O'Malley with a new actor was "a hilarious, ridiculous rumor," it is time to bid 007 adieu ... seriously.

While Knight is on his way out the door, though, EW also reported that "Grey's" has bumped Jessica Capshaw up to full-time status for next season, which means that Arizona Robbins and Callie Torres (Sara Ramirez) will get to pursue their budding relationship a little more.

Now we just have to see what happens to Izzie.

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Re: T.R. Knight Checks Out of 'Grey's Anatomy'

Katherine Heigl Reportedly Staying on 'Grey's Anatomy'
    Well, T.R. Knight (George O'Malley) may not be returning to "Grey's Anatomy" this fall, but Katherine Heigl will be.

Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Heigl's option on "Grey's" has been picked up, and EW's Michael Ausiello tweeted that Heigl's publicist has officially confirmed her return.

So it's looking like her season finale flatline didn't take. Whether she will stick around for the entire season, however, who knows.

Heigl made her dissatisfaction with "Grey's" known two years ago when she took herself out of Emmy consideration, blaming a lack of good writing for her character. Rumors that she wanted to be released from "Grey's" so she could focus on a feature film career spread shortly thereafter.

But, yeah, sounds like she'll be staying put for now.

Of Knight's departure, creator/executive producer Shonda Rhimes says, "I think I speak for the entire "Grey's Anatomy" family when I say we wish T.R. Knight the best in his future endeavors. He is an incredibly talented actor and a person whose strength of character is admired by all of us."
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• Future Imagineer! =D

I'm so sad he died.
    but I am very happy that Izzy stays!
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• Animation Domination

Katherine Heigl hasn't become this popular since Roswell back in 1999.
    Of course she's staying on Grey's Anatomy.
    "You are watching FOX"