• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Regis is back for "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?" This Sunday for 2 Weeks!

Disney/ABC Television is celebrating 10 years of "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" by kicking off a two-week (11 episodes) run of primetime shows, starting this Sunday at 8 PM on ABC.

Millionaire took the world by storm back in 1999 with it's limited summer run, and the chance at a million dollars. With 15 questions, and it's unique 'lifelines' and 'final answers', Millionaire launched a world of new quiz shows. For Disney Parks fans, it even had a popular 'Play It!' attraction at Disney's Hollywood Studios/California Adventure. To date, Millionaire has given over $130 million away in cash and prizes, to regular people all over the country!

While the game is basically the same, new and exciting changes have been added (including popular elements from the 2004 Super Millionaire). This new format remains popular in the Daytime series (now on it's 8th year), and includes changes like the clock and Ask The Expert. Experts during these special episodes include Mo Rocca, Bill Nye, Ken Jennings, and George Stephanopoulos.

As a special feature, each episode will conclude with a celebrity player taking the hot seat, hoping to correctly answer a single question worth $50,000 for his or her favorite charity. The list of celebrities include Snoop Dogg, Rachel Ray, and Katy Perry.

You can get more info at the ABC website.
    -Monorail Man

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: Regis is back for "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?" This Sunday for 2 Weeks!

I can't wait! And as much as I love Toy Story Mania, I still wish there was a way to keep Who Wants to be a Millionaire, Play It!. I loved that attraction!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Playing along online. I had trouble signing on at first, but now that I'm on, and missed a few questions, I still have a pretty good score. 399th overall so far! Let's see how I do.

Up to 22nd.
    Last edited by yoyoflamingo; 08-09-2009 at 04:37 PM.

•   

Been there. Done that.

The picture was taken in March 2001. I can't believe it was 8 years ago, and the show is celebrating its 10th anniversary. I think it would still be popular as a primetime show if they just didn't overdo it like they did last time.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoMatt View Post
    Been there. Done that.

The picture was taken in March 2001. I can't believe it was 8 years ago, and the show is celebrating its 10th anniversary. I think it would still be popular as a primetime show if they just didn't overdo it like they did last time.

Matt, you were on it? Wow!! And I agree. It would have still been on if it wasn't overkill early on.

• Cars Land Rocks!

If ABC had run the show as a sweeps/stunt/special once or twice a year people wouldn't have got tired of it. I'm sure it will get good numbers now that people have had a break.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Been there. Done that.

Matt, that is so cool! How did you do?
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

The time limit is a horrid decision and I can't believe they kept it in this version. Instead of helping the show move along it makes things uncomfortable for the viewer, as they like to solve it, too. The ultimate great thing about the show when it premiered was the lack of a ticking clock. The pressure of solving the question, or nothing, was enough...

• Animation Domination

Been there. Done that. </p>

Yup, ABC killed "Who Wants to Be A Millionaire by airing it almost everyday. Heck, it would been better if they kept it two times a week. At the time ABC had WWTBAM everynight to boost up the ratings for the show that started after it. Once Who Wants to be a Millionaire left the air all the shows that started after Who Wants to be a Millionaire ratings went down superfast. Some plan ABC.
    "You are watching FOX"