• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

True Blood Question

Hey all, I know a lot of you out there have read the Sookie Stackhouse book series and we talked last season about how much the show was following the book (or not following the book).

Nothing has been said about the series this season, and I'm wondering how much this season's tv series is running to the book. Are they the same storylines?

Just curious...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Re: True Blood Question

I think it's similar to last season. Parts of it- like the Fellowship of the Sun part- are following the book, but then there are other added storylines that weren't a part of the book at all.

Also, and this may be spoiler for some-
    Spoiler
    Bill's maker (forgot her name) is being introduced into a storyline, and she wasn't in the 2nd book at all as far as I can remember. We don't see her until the end of book 3?
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Thanks TinkPink! Is the whole Mary Anne storyline in the book?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Okay, I suck. Who's Mary Anne? Is she the one who "took care" of Tara?

If so, briefly. I believe she is the Maenad who attacks Sookie in the beginning of the book/season. But I don't think she is given a name, or has anything to do with Tara or Sam. Of course, Tara's part in the series is COMPLETELY different from the book.

I have the WORST memory in the world, which is why I don't remember names well and can hardly remember what was in what books since I read them awhile back. So I am not sure I am answering correctly. Too bad DQ isn't around anymore, she'd be way more of an expert.

Also, I am a couple episodes behind on the show, I have them on my DVR but my kids are always around so I can't watch them!
    Last edited by TinkPink; 08-05-2009 at 06:19 AM.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

The Maenad "Mary Anne" is in the 2nd book a little bit but under different situation. She is never talked about as being a human in the book. The Maenad and Sam did have a relationship but it was more on the animalish side. The 'employee of the month waitress' was not in the book.

Jason was never involved with the church so that part is a little bit different too. But the church did have a major storyline in the 2nd book involving Sookie so that part is semi-correct.

Also in the book the person found in the police car at the beginning of the season was someone else.
    Spoiler
    In the book it was the cook from the bar, the one that Eric had chained down in his basement which again never happened in the book.

Just an FYI in real life news Sookie and Bill are engaged. Anna Paquin to marry 'True Blood' co-star Stephen Moyer