Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4

    Miley Cyrus Honors Britney Spears/Miley Pole Dancing??

    I couldn't believe my eyes while watching the Teen Choice Awards tonight with my dd. We were watching the Miley Cyrus solo performance and were first shocked by her inappropriate outfit, then I almost came out of my skin when she started pole dancing. When did it become appropriate for a 16 year old to pole dance? Why did her father allow her do this inappropriate behavior? We won't be watching Hannah Montana anymore and promoting this type of behavior.

  2. #2

    • I eat TR's for breakfast!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Aliso Viejo, CA
    Posts
    1,767

    Miley Cyrus Honors Britney Spears??

    I never knew she was such a fan and found it sort of shocking that she would openly express her love for a not-so-Disney performer to say the least .

    Nonetheless, Britney definately deserved this.

    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lS-YXYAbLs]YouTube - Miley Cyrus Honors Britney Spears[/ame]

  3. #3

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    visalia ca
    Posts
    1,658

    Re: Miley Cyrus Honors Britney Spears??

    does this mean lill miley will try to ditch her disney image and one day liss britney at the mtv awards?

  4. #4

    • I eat TR's for breakfast!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Aliso Viejo, CA
    Posts
    1,767

    Re: Miley Cyrus Honors Britney Spears/Miley Pole Dancing??

    She wore shorts and held onto a pole for support on the ice cream cart.

    Did she swing, kick her legs up, or rub against the pole?

    Obviously you have no idea what pole dancing is.

  5. #5

    • I see mouse people
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Too far from Disneyland
    Posts
    3,768
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Miley Cyrus Honors Britney Spears/Miley Pole Dancing??

    It wasn't a pole dance, no, but suggestively raising and lowering your spread legs in front of the pole is a bit much for her target audience of 8 year olds. Then again she's pretty much past her shelf life anyway.
    In all fairness, it was Disney who brought us Britney in the first place. She was a mousketeer, remember?

  6. #6

    • The one and only
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    stockton, ca
    Posts
    724

    Re: Miley Cyrus Honors Britney Spears/Miley Pole Dancing??

    At first, i thought she was only in the wrong when she bent down holding onto the pole. Yeah, if that's the only part that you see, I can see where you're coming from. Upon watching her 3D concert again with my little cousin, she does the awkward bending down move a lot, regardless of whether a pole is in front of her or not. I don't think she realized how people would take it if she was holding onto the pole. Even then, it still wasn't that bad, I mean, have you see Lady Gaga perform Lovegame?


    (She has no excuse for wearing those shorts, though. She is way too young to show that much leg.)

  7. #7

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    810

    Re: Miley Cyrus Honors Britney Spears/Miley Pole Dancing??

    http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/2...mileycyrus.jpg

    She knew exactly what she was doing. Her parents should be ashamed just by the way she dressed alone.

  8. #8

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    286

    Re: Miley Cyrus Honors Britney Spears/Miley Pole Dancing??

    I had to search out the video, because I hadn't actually seen it. But because there was so much hoopla about it on the radio and now I see it here, I thought I would watch it. She was not the only one on the stage wearing short shorts, etc. Her back up dancers/singers had short shorts and small tank tops on. She has been in the news for being too sexy for a while now with the pictures she has taken in the past, so this is no new thing. I don't consider what she was doing pole dancing. I think her regular dancing is just as suggestive and sexy as what she was doing when she was on the ice cream cart.

    I will say I have taught me 10 year old niece how to pole dance. She was on the computer by herself and was googleing family member names to see what came up. She found my website, and I teach pole dancing. She asked me about it and I didn't want to lie to her so I told her that I teach and that it is really good excercise. The next time she was at my house she was very interested in my pole, because I always have one up in my house. I told her she could only use it when I was around, so I could make sure she didn't get hurt, and I showed her spins that used strenghth, I don't show her anything sexy at all. She got really tired and said she understood why it was a workout. It is how we as adults react to things that make kids percieve something. My niece has no idea that strippers dance on poles. She takes dance classes and now thinks pole dancing is a excercise/dance class. If adults don't make a big deal about something kids could usually care less.

  9. #9

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    591

    Re: Miley Cyrus Honors Britney Spears/Miley Pole Dancing??

    Quote Originally Posted by The Red Head View Post
    I will say I have taught me 10 year old niece how to pole dance. She was on the computer by herself and was googleing family member names to see what came up. She found my website, and I teach pole dancing. She asked me about it and I didn't want to lie to her so I told her that I teach and that it is really good excercise. The next time she was at my house she was very interested in my pole, because I always have one up in my house. I told her she could only use it when I was around, so I could make sure she didn't get hurt, and I showed her spins that used strenghth, I don't show her anything sexy at all. She got really tired and said she understood why it was a workout. It is how we as adults react to things that make kids percieve something. My niece has no idea that strippers dance on poles. She takes dance classes and now thinks pole dancing is a excercise/dance class. If adults don't make a big deal about something kids could usually care less.
    Bingo!! I'm putting that paragraph on a shirt.

  10. #10

    • Hukuna Matata!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Phoenix Arizona
    Posts
    3,788

    Re: Miley Cyrus Honors Britney Spears/Miley Pole Dancing??

    She will be the richest stripper around when she turns 18. I feel sorry for her, I know she has trillions of dollars and everything she could ever want, but I dont think she will be happy she never had a childhood, She is growing up to fast, I mean the girl had a boyfriend that was what 21 or 22? It will be interesting to see what happens to her in the next few years. All you can do is wish her the best.

  11. #11

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    JSC
    Posts
    1,880

    Re: Miley Cyrus Honors Britney Spears/Miley Pole Dancing??

    Quote Originally Posted by couchlady View Post
    When did it become appropriate for a 16 year old to pole dance?
    January 20, 2001.

    Quote Originally Posted by couchlady View Post
    Why did her father allow her do this inappropriate behavior?
    Because he makes money when she makes money. And when she gets attention, she makes money. Win/win.

    Quote Originally Posted by couchlady View Post
    We won't be watching Hannah Montana anymore and promoting this type of behavior.
    Miley and her daddy will be crying about losing you as a fan all the way to the bank.

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone see Miley Cyrus...
    By tayakaleb in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-12-2008, 07:13 PM
  2. Miley Cyrus changes name
    By cal4iri in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-18-2008, 10:02 PM
  3. Miley Cyrus at DL 11-18-07
    By wolfy in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 11-19-2007, 07:18 PM
  4. Miley Cyrus on Dancing with the Stars!
    By hollywood1939 in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 03-26-2007, 08:45 PM
  5. Miley Cyrus
    By Idaho Goof in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 03-05-2007, 04:02 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •