• Still lost in Neverland

Thumbs up Torchwood Children of Earth

I know that there are some Dr. Who and Torchwood fans on Mice Chat so when looking through the TV threads I didn't see any mention of Torchwoods 5 part mini series for this season.

It was a very disturbing show that had lots going on and not all of it was a good thing. The show itself, as always, was great, but the storyline was very disturbing. The effects were well done as well. I personally think this story, spread out over 5 nights, is probably the best story ever shown on TV. It had everything that makes a good story. Suspense, intrigue, tragedy in spades, humor to a degree and an ending that has left us all wondering how Torchwood can return after what happens. I did buy the DVD after seeing it as when I do watch it again I want to see it without all the commercial interruptions and ads at the bottom of the screen. They are so annoying and distruptive.

Just curious is anyone else around here watched it and what are your thoughts.

It has also been stated that Capt Jack will make an appearance on the final two episodes of Dr. Who in November. That will also mark the end of David Tennants turn as The Doctor.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Re: Torchwood Children of Earth

I *loved* Torchwood COE. Wow. Just wow. I really hope they continue the series. The writing was amazing. I like that it was dark. I loved the stuff between Ianto and Jack. I love Gwen.

I have the first Doctor Who episode recorded. Haven't had a chance to watch it yet. I love Capt Jack, and I loved Tennant's Doctor. I wonder how the new guy will be....
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

If you mean you have "The New Doctor" eopisode, that is in fact the Christmas Show and they are counting it has one of the 5 we will get throughout the season. The Second Episode, Planet of the Dead, is much better and has quite an ending as to prophecy of what is next for The Doctor. The New Doctor has nothing to do with the NEW Doctor but it is a cute story and also has nothing much to do with Christmas. It was shown Christmas last year like they do every year and its just known as The Christmas Show.

I too hope against hope that Torchwood will come back, but given the amount of people that have died or left, if they do bring it back John Borrowman as Jack better come back or it's not going to be worth watching. He is the key. He is rumored to being considered to play Capt America in the new Marvel Movie. If he does get that part, I don't think we will see him around again as Capt Jack which will be a shame.

Thank You Poisonedapples

I have Planet of the Dead. I don't think I've seen the Christmas show.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

It was on before Planet of the Dead and is a very good show. They have not repeated it (Usually the Christmas Show is only shown once. But it also is available on DVD. Very funny and well done.

Thank You Poisonedapples