Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Better Butter Battle Vic

Blog Entries

Angry They need a new Disney Channel for KIDS!

Typical Day on the Disney Channel-
    6am-10am shows for preschoolers
    10am to 8pm shows for tweens and teens.

Where are the shows for kids, the 5 to 10 year olds?
    Why can't they have an inbetween without snarky preteens with attitudes dealing with issues that younger kids don't need to be seeing?

I loved shows when I was that age by Disney, Talespin, Ducktales, Rescue Rangers, Gummi Bears. I wasn't a Darkwing Duck fan but It'd sure be better than the teen dramas. The cartoons had a sense of adventure and imagination that is truly lacking in today's programming.

They even used to have live action shows that I still found much more kid friendly and entertaining. I used to love the Alice in Wonderland series they did, again perfect for the 5 to 10 year old range and it won a ton of educational awards when it was on. Out Of the Box was a fun show to, giving kids singing and crafts, that one might be a bit young but wholly more appropriate for a 3pm to 5pm time slot when elementary school kids need some wind down time from school.

Since these shows are already out there how hard would it be for Disney to throw these on a channel somewhere?

• Minion

Re: They need a new Disney Channel for KIDS!

i loved those shows and could watch darkwing duck and talespin all day! But nothing calms my 6 mo old daughter in the morning then watchin Mickey Mouse Club House or Secret Agent Ozo (sp?) or handy manny, i think its the colors and the way they are presented but seriously she will stop fussing and just lay their still and quiet.

But i do agree they need their cartoons back.
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

Blog Entries

I like the preschool options as well, they're great educational colorful shows, but once they hit elementary school they've outgrown them educationally. My daughter still likes Tigger and Pooh, but wouldn't want to admit it to her classmates.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I disagree to a degree. I think they need a new Disney Channel for adults, properly named Vault Disney Channel .

• sleepy lagoon

I say yes to both... more cartoons (classics and new) and Vault Disney for the older "kids".

Blog Entries

The "Vault Disney" is a great idea, I know my daughter and I both love watching older Disney Cartoons, both the Mickey and Pals and the Silly Symphonies. My personal favorite is Johnny Fedora.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3lAztMhIWI]YouTube - Johnny Fedora & Alice Bluebonnet[/ame]

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

A Disney channel for adults would be amazing...

But honestly, 5-10 year olds look up to the tweens and teens of Disney channel. It's not like they're thinking "gosh, I can't relate to this, what a boring show."

They're actually thinking "wow I want to be like him/her when I get into junior high."

Blog Entries

She doesn't think the tween shows are boring, and honestly that's part of the problem, if she becomes half as snarky as Selena Gomez on Wizards I'll be quite upset. I think children watch these shows because of the lack of alternative which is why I think a channel with more age appropriate cartoons would be lovely.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

They've really made the Disney channel the dumping ground for "crap-we-wanna-market" Any mediocre kid actor they can push onto a tv show and over-engineer on a cd is routed towards the Disney channel.
    They started DisneyXD last year and it's awful and geared towards boys but that's where what's left of the cartoons are nowawadays.
    I would actually pay for a Vault Disney channel. I'd especially trade the 2 lousy ones I already have. Oh...I'd trade the dubbed into Spanish Disney channels too.

• Shablagoo!

Try Phineas and Ferb. It is on Disney Channel, but it is actually good. Really good. I think it is one of the best TV shows Disney has ever done.

• Minion

I agree Phineas and Ferb is really cool and i even find myself watching that show. Nickelodeon still has good shows too....
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

• sleepy lagoon

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    Try Phineas and Ferb. It is on Disney Channel, but it is actually good. Really good. I think it is one of the best TV shows Disney has ever done.
    Phineas & Ferb is awesome!! I love that show and so do all my kids from age 19 to 2!! It is very creative and entertaining... and who doesn't love all the original songs in every episode?

• Shablagoo!

They really could use some more shows like Phineas and Ferb, Kim Possible, and Recess for that older than preschool, but younger than Hannah Montana crowd. Not to mention the older folks who like Pand F.

• Banned User

They actually need FOUR new Disney Channels, in addition to the current one.

Disney Channel Preschool would be 100% programming for preschoolers (hey, you never know when a 4 year old might be up at 3 am on a weeknight; it could and does happen).

Disney Channel for Kids would be 24 hour programming for children ages 5-11. Pretty self-explanatory.

Disney Channel for Teens would be 24-hour programming for tweens & teens. Again, pretty self-explanatory.

Vault Disney Channel
    would be the classic Disney programming, aimed primarily at adults (but of course, safe for children of all ages...most of the time, at least).

Then there'd be the standard Disney Channel, which would encompass programming for all these demographics at the appropriate times.

It's not that we don't want Disney on our TV - we do! We just want a LOT of Disney on our TV, and we want OPTIONS. So, give us options, Disney. Give us options. And make money in the process. Lots of it. Guaranteed.

Blog Entries

That's an awesome idea Retrocool definitley has my vote.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast