Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Survivor: Samoa

• Circle of Ancients

Survivor: Samoa

Surprised there wasn't a thread on this.

Survivor starts tonight!!!

To get a glimpse at the players, here you go:

Survivor: Watch Episodes and Video and Join the Ultimate Fan Community - CBS.com

First impressions ... Russell is a jerk.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Re: Survivor: Samoa

Can this trend of wearing just underwear to challenges please stop now? It's disturbing. Is Hanes a sponsor now or what?
    A signature should go here.

• Circle of Ancients

I was just thinking the same thing Susie. Well, for the guys at least.

• My cuties!

I have watched every season of Survivor but am so tired of the same old stuff that I am skipping this season. After hearing about the jerk guy, I think I made a wise choice.

After watching tonights show, I am wondering if I should get involved this yr or not. Just by the commercials, I didn't care for Russell. I really hope he get voted off real soon. Take care and I will try it one more time next week to see if they are better or not.
    o A mouse a day, keeps the blues away. o

• is "Turn[ing] It Off"

After watching the season premiere, I'm unsure whether I'll be watching next week or not. I knew that I would hate Russell, and I'm seriously thinking about tuning out until, at least, he is gone. If anyone watching Big Brother this summer, he seems like a combination of Natalie, Ronnie and Jessie. He makes them look really tame.

Who knows, though. By Thursday, I'll probably be watching it anyway

• Circle of Ancients

Honestly though, as much as I think Russell is a jerk ... it's going to be VERY interesting to see somebody play who is NOT there for the $$. Yes, what he did was crazy ... but, it worked. It got everybody fighting and got somebody who absolutely shouldn't have gotten voted out got voted out of the game.

He may not be nice, but he's sure good for TV. At least IMO.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Honestly though, as much as I think Russell is a jerk ... it's going to be VERY interesting to see somebody play who is NOT there for the $$. Yes, what he did was crazy ... but, it worked. It got everybody fighting and got somebody who absolutely shouldn't have gotten voted out got voted out of the game.

He may not be nice, but he's sure good for TV. At least IMO.
    I agree Gregg. I hated him, but loved watching him. Kind of like Evel Dick (for the Big Brother fans) but sneakier about his evilness.

I love this show and am SO glad it's back. It is kind of same old same old after all these years, but it's still good stuff.

And yeah, it's amazing how nasty their underwear- Russell's especially!!- got so soon! GROSS!
    In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe. -Michael Jackson

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

He was awful. And awesome at the same time. He's trying to make everyone turn on each other right out of the gate, but if he can't stop smirking about how awesome he is all the time and just stand on the sidelines watching, it's just a matter of time until someone notices. I'm hoping the cop-lady (name?) is the one to call him out, because she's already suspicious.
    A signature should go here.

• "I Break Things"

This comes up every year with my friends but I am honestly bored with Survivor. It generally boils down to one team starving, the other team doing great. One team wins almost everything, the other team can't win no matter what. Someone you hate always seems to skate through the show and the one or two people you were following get blindsided...

More then anything I HATE the whining. You get the "this is hard" and the "I'm cold" and the "I'm always hungry" followed by "this is so hard". This is Survivor. They drop you off in the middle of nowhere and flick on a camera while you do dumb obstacles... The location may be different each time but the premise is the same... survive. I can understand contestants on season 1 and 2, blindside, didn't know what they were getting in to. But this has been around long enough that if you are applying you likely know what you are getting into. I also don't understand why people won't take basic survival courses at their local community collage or research these things in various books. There is no reason why a contestant shouldn't know how to camp and make fire BEFORE they get on. Flint shouldn't be a reward... if you can't hack it don't apply...

Sorry to vent but that always ticks me off because it ALWAYS happens.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• My cuties!

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    This comes up every year with my friends but I am honestly bored with Survivor. It generally boils down to one team starving, the other team doing great. One team wins almost everything, the other team can't win no matter what. Someone you hate always seems to skate through the show and the one or two people you were following get blindsided...

More then anything I HATE the whining. You get the "this is hard" and the "I'm cold" and the "I'm always hungry" followed by "this is so hard". This is Survivor. They drop you off in the middle of nowhere and flick on a camera while you do dumb obstacles... The location may be different each time but the premise is the same... survive. I can understand contestants on season 1 and 2, blindside, didn't know what they were getting in to. But this has been around long enough that if you are applying you likely know what you are getting into. I also don't understand why people won't take basic survival courses at their local community collage or research these things in various books. There is no reason why a contestant shouldn't know how to camp and make fire BEFORE they get on. Flint shouldn't be a reward... if you can't hack it don't apply...

Sorry to vent but that always ticks me off because it ALWAYS happens.
    You have summed up perfectly why I quit watching it.

• Banned User

Am I the only one who thinks of s'mores when he hears the word Samoa?

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    You should watch more recent versions. They haven't starved people in ages.. in fact food wise they pretty much are guaranteed food now. The only difference is luxuries when it comes to food/rewards.

And the last season especially when the winning alliance actually was a combination of the two tribes, and were actually the underdogs of their own tribes.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Waiting for fireworks...

Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks of s'mores when he hears the word Samoa?

I think of Girl Scout Cookies!

I think that Russell makes great TV, but probably won't make it that long. I like the chick with the mullet Shambam (???)

Why do the girls always wear their buffs as shirts? Come on CBS...give them all a tank top and shorts!!!

• Race Car Driver

I agree that Russel is going to make the show very interesting..... by the end of the show we were laughing at his pranks.....
    Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Drive it like it's stolen.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast