Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Blog Entries

Re: The Office- Season 6

I almost couldn't handle last night's episode, between the Scott's Tots and Jim being set-up, it was just hard to watch.

I feel like this season started out strong but since the wedding it has weakened.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Quote Originally Posted by nursemelis374 View Post
    I almost couldn't handle last night's episode, between the Scott's Tots and Jim being set-up, it was just hard to watch.

I feel like this season started out strong but since the wedding it has weakened.
    Agreed. It's a Christmas episode next week. Hopefully the show will break out of it's slump. It's due for a good solid episode.
    Last edited by royaldisneyfan; 12-04-2009 at 12:38 PM.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• =)

Urgh.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

The Scott's Tots ep was, IMO, a little over the top. It put Michael Scott's usually harmless jerk persona right over the line and into being a bad person who I wouldn't want to know. I didn't find it funny so much as horrifying.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• =)

Unfortunately, that's nothing new in the show. For a while now, they've primarily been characterizing Michael as a man who doesn't have a single shred of business sense, as an almost criminally inept adult. That wasn't the original point of the character. He's always been stupid, but in the earlier days of the show, the idea that someone gave him the regional manager job didn't seem completely ridiculous. He was just bigoted and egocentric and hypocritical and too focused on getting people to like him.

Oh yeah...and he was funny to watch. Those were the days.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Ep. 13 Secret Santa

Spoiler

Outside of David Wallace being canned, this was a great Christmas episode. Dwight in his elf hat always brings out a chuckle. Andy's gift to Erin was a little much, but it was sweet and 'creative' of him. LOL at Michael's suffering when Kevin sat on his lap.
    Michael (as Santa): Phyllis is only pretending to be a man. Sit on my lap and there will be no doubt.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Shifting cargo

There hasn't been a new episode since the Christmas episode. I wonder when the next one will be on. I'm guessing it's not today seeing as it's New Years Eve, but next week hopefully?

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Quote Originally Posted by RedHandedJill View Post
    There hasn't been a new episode since the Christmas episode. I wonder when the next one will be on. I'm guessing it's not today seeing as it's New Years Eve, but next week hopefully?
    Wow. Just checked out NBC.com/TheOffice and saw that the next new episode won't be til... January 21st?
    Home away from Home.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Ep. 14: The Banker

Spoiler
    A new episode! Well, sort of. It was nice to look back, but I have all the seasons on DVD, so... The last montage was funny, with Darryl's music in the background. Just an off week...again.
    Home away from Home.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

My little cousin is going to be in an upcoming episode. They shot it a few days ago. He plays the role of a preschooler. His mom posted pictures of him on set and taking poses with a blonde haired, female actor on the show.

• Lonestar Louisianian

You know a TV series has "officially" jumped the shark when it resorts to a clip show.

• hi!

how did i not see this thread earlier of one of my all time favorite shows!??

while i agree that the show has been on a downhill, i'm still watching it and hoping it picks itself back up. as far as a recap episode, i still enjoyed it. even though i have every episode, it was nice watching some of the greatest moments of the office that i've otherwise forgotten about.
    -plagued

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Ep 15: Sabre

Spoiler
    Well, anything was a step up from the infamous clip episode. Jim walking in on the daycare guy was funny. Seeing David Wallace like that was...interesting. Michael describing DW as a creature living in David Wallace's house was funny. Kinda creepy the way he was waving and following Michael as he was backing out.
    Home away from Home.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

It seems to me like they worked themselves into a corner marrying Jim and Pam, and now they are working the plot carefully to set up a new string of events to work on. Unfortunatly, the show will most likely lose popularity because Jim and Pam were great for getting viewers. Lets hope this Sabre thing works out.

While it was nervewracking to watch, I think the Dwight vs. Jim thing was working well. It replaced the tension between Jim and Pam that kept us wondering, watching and intregued as to how it would play out. Then, they just put it on hold in favour of the shift in focus. We will see how it works out.

• hi!

i thoroughly enjoyed the episode.

while we all detest miley cyrus, it was actually pretty hilarious watching them to a dunder mifflin song to her melody 'party in the usa.' the "dunder mifflin is a part of sah-bray... err.. saber.." confusion bit was HILARIOUS.

i love watching how jim acts in awkward situations.. and he did just that with the day care guy.

LOVED seeing david wallace in a non-corporate setting. while it was a bit weirdly disturbing, i like him in his non-corporate character. i wonder if we'll be seeing more of wallace like this, just like we saw jan go into psycho-mode after she got canned.

as far as relationships go, after jim and pam got married, i also thought.. "what now?" i'm not really on board for the whole
    Spoiler
    andy and erin relationship that seems to be blossoming.

i know they're not trying to make a new "jim and pam" but in order to keep the ratings up people have to WANT this 'match made in heaven' thing to happen.. and it just seems like a quick side-story. most of my office following friends aren't much into the new couple either..
    -plagued

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast