Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flash Forward

• "I Break Things"

Re: Flash Forward

Sorry I had issues with the "Don't forget the Kangaroo. The Kangaroo is important". I felt that announcement really demonstrated the "dumbing down" of mass media. I also felt the advertising exec's shouldn't have hyped the stadium footage. Seeing someone walk around wasn't exactly shocking considering how they advertised it... they should have kept it hidden and then BAM hit you with a complete surprise.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• King of Los Angeles

Tonight's episode is good. 3 and 4 unbelievable.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Sorry I had issues with the "Don't forget the Kangaroo. The Kangaroo is important". I felt that announcement really demonstrated the "dumbing down" of mass media. I also felt the advertising exec's shouldn't have hyped the stadium footage. Seeing someone walk around wasn't exactly shocking considering how they advertised it... they should have kept it hidden and then BAM hit you with a complete surprise.
    I didn't see any mention of the stadium in the ads, so it was a complete surprise to me.

Tonight's episode wasn't as good IMO, but I will keep watching.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    I didn't see any mention of the stadium in the ads, so it was a complete surprise to me.

Tonight's episode wasn't as good IMO, but I will keep watching.
    They kept advertising it here in SoCal as "you're not going to believe what you see" and showing the scene of them being called over to the monitor... cutting out right before you see that specific part.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

They kept advertising it here in SoCal as "you're not going to believe what you see" and showing the scene of them being called over to the monitor... cutting out right before you see that specific part.
    I can definitely see that detracting from the show, as for me that was the highlight of the premier, and was the climax of the episode.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Favorite movie ever

Blog Entries

I just got around watching this episode right now, and with more clues coming around, we are definately getting somewhere.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra5drgntKOI

I'M LOOKING THROUGH YOU...WHERE DID YOU GO?

• My cuties!

What I HATE about this show is how they keep flashing back to everyone's vision -- like we are too stupid to remember what they saw. How many times do we need to have to see that the guy in the main chick's vision is the dad of the boy in the hospital?? My husband and I were making fun of most of the show last night. I really don't see this one going for more than one season.

BuzzedLightyear, how do you know so much about the show?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Yeah, last night's ep was kinda eh. Boring, with some parts dragging out. I agree with seeing all these flashes over and over again. It was good to get some more info on what the little girl saw.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• King of Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by twinmom View Post
    What I HATE about this show is how they keep flashing back to everyone's vision -- like we are too stupid to remember what they saw. How many times do we need to have to see that the guy in the main chick's vision is the dad of the boy in the hospital?? My husband and I were making fun of most of the show last night. I really don't see this one going for more than one season.

BuzzedLightyear, how do you know so much about the show?

That's top secret TwinMom, but we'll just say I know some people. The show really finds it's voice eps. 3 and 4. Both are ridiculously cool.

• Circle of Ancients

Finally got caught up last night, I'm VERY impressed so far. Loving it.

• 60 Dazzling Years!

I still haven't watched it yet. The promos looked good, but it's been hard to have time to view many shows lately. I'm going to try to watch the first few episodes online.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

I really enjoyed the book, I think the show has a fascinating premise. I felt the first two episodes were a little slow going, but I'm game to give it at least one season before making a decision.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• King of Los Angeles

D. Gibbons is a bad man

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by twinmom View Post
    Again meaning no disrespect to the avid fanbase but this is the reason I can't watch the show. Both times I honestly tried but it was dumbed down to the point of being annoying. The kangaroo, or the continued flashbacks just in case you didn't remember. I thought the "there's no delicate way to put this, on March... you are murdered" was great (although obvious as even the character states that a lack of flashback likely means he is dead).

It's not to say there may not be twists and turns. But like a Dan Brown novel the foreshadowing is so overbearing as to prevent me from even attempting to enjoy it. I can guess what happens, I don't need constant reminders of it. It's amazing to see the transformation from something like Heros which expects you to understand, to Fast Forward which explains everything and then recaps it, and then explains it again in the next episode.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Again meaning no disrespect to the avid fanbase but this is the reason I can't watch the show. Both times I honestly tried but it was dumbed down to the point of being annoying. The kangaroo, or the continued flashbacks just in case you didn't remember. I thought the "there's no delicate way to put this, on March... you are murdered" was great (although obvious as even the character states that a lack of flashback likely means he is dead).

It's not to say there may not be twists and turns. But like a Dan Brown novel the foreshadowing is so overbearing as to prevent me from even attempting to enjoy it. I can guess what happens, I don't need constant reminders of it. It's amazing to see the transformation from something like Heros which expects you to understand, to Fast Forward which explains everything and then recaps it, and then explains it again in the next episode.
    As someone who looks like Seth MacFarlene (sp?) you should watch it just to see your doppleganger/twin.

I like how cupcakes were incorporated...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast