Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flash Forward

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Flash Forward

I'm actually surprised there already isn't a thread on this show already. Who watched it? What did everyone think?

At first I did think it was a little slow, but I realize establishing the plot and characters is the reason. It also is very Lost-esque, which in some ways is a plus, but in others ways is a negative, making the show feel a little forced and trying too hard to fill the loss of Lost at the end of this season. But, it does have some uniqueness in it being grounded in a specific place in the real world, regardless of what the reason for the flash forward was.

I am going to continue watching, especially due to the ending...cliffhangers always do their job for me. I'm looking forward to seeing how it develops, and hopefully finding a show that keeps me interested.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• My cuties!

Re: Flash Forward

I watched it and liked it but hope they don't go more than two seasons. I'm too impatient to wait too long for answers. It also seems like a better premise for a mini series.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

This was a book before. I'm kinda' tempted to read the book to see how it ends. But I liked it. I LOOOOOVVVVED hearing Brian the Dog's voice and suddenly looking over and seeing it was Seth MacFarlene.

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    This was a book before. I'm kinda' tempted to read the book to see how it ends. But I liked it. I LOOOOOVVVVED hearing Brian the Dog's voice and suddenly looking over and seeing it was Seth MacFarlene.
    I did enjoy the first episode. I worry about how long and where the show can go. I would hate them to drag it out with lots of flash backs/forwards to get 3-4 seasons out of it.

I did hear a podcast of the author of the book. The book and the show take the same idea and tell the story differently he said. He is writing one of the episodes for the TV show also.

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

I did enjoy that show on Thursday, especially with how interesting the plot is. The only problem that I have with the show is that I hope they don't make it too confusing or too silly. I was sort of surprised to see Seth MacFarlene myself having a guest appearance on that show.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I didn't even notice Seth MacFarlane!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Yeah... since te flash was April 29, 2010, what will happen after that?
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• King of Los Angeles

There is a 5-year plan. Don't worry. The show can go as long as 7, but the complete story arc was pitched when the show was first brought to ABC. It will actually be an amazing ride, and it's good to know everyone really liked it. I think episode two is good, but the show really finds it's voice at 3 which is unbelievable.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker View Post
    I did enjoy that show on Thursday, especially with how interesting the plot is. The only problem that I have with the show is that I hope they don't make it too confusing or too silly. I was sort of surprised to see Seth MacFarlene myself having a guest appearance on that show.
    From what I gather he's not a guest appearance, he's part of the show like a reoccurring character. Aintitcoolnews.com had talked about that awhile ago and I tried searching the site, but I'm getting nothing but talkback (their version of a message board) talking about how horrible he is....We're big "Family Guy" fans here so when he started talking on "Flashforward" everyone paid attention.

I didn't like how the network was like "See the kangaroo? That's a clue!" "See the stars?" I feel like those are false leads or they're trying to hype it like "Lost." What was great about "Lost" was it was a slow build to awesomeness and popularity. This almost feels forced.

• King of Los Angeles

I think the show has suffered from early comparisons to lost. They have similar themes, but different animals. The press jumped on teh comparison early which I think raised comparisons. I think it needs some time to breathe before anyone starts making it something else.

• My cuties!

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzedLightyear View Post
    There is a 5-year plan. Don't worry. The show can go as long as 7, but the complete story arc was pitched when the show was first brought to ABC. It will actually be an amazing ride, and it's good to know everyone really liked it. I think episode two is good, but the show really finds it's voice at 3 which is unbelievable.
    5 years?!!?!?? Oh, I really hope it doesn't go that long!

• King of Los Angeles

Each season is pretty self-contained meaning Goyer has already said they will not draw out questions. I'm sure you'll enjoy the complete product.

• My cuties!

Phew! That is a relief!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Seth MacFarlane! Joseph Fiennes! Ralph Fiennes' ex-wife Alex Kingston of 'E.R.' fame! John Cho with a couple of bad line readings! Jack Davenport from the 'POTC" trilogy! A kangaroo downtown on Broadway!

I'm in for season 1 at very least.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Did anyone notice the Oceanic billboard?

I really did like the show. Even my 9 yr old son is hooked! Can't wait for episode two! It will totally fill the gap for me when Lost is gone. Getting tired of the all the cop/lawyer/doctor shows!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast