• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Anyone seen Disney's Small World Holiday Commercial?

For those who haven't seen the Disney parks holiday commercial this year, it can be found at Disney Parks Unveils ?Small World? Holiday Spot Disney Parks Blog .

Personally, I really like it. I'm sitting here at work with a tear in my eye and a huge smile on my face from watching it.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Re: Anyone seen Disney's Small World Holiday Commercial?

I have real mixed feelings about this. Though I love the scenes of the children and the song I just can't stand how they keep pushing Disney World. The Disneyland Small World is by far the best especially during Holidays but still they are confusing everyone by making believe it's at Disney World.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMunkee View Post
    I have real mixed feelings about this. Though I love the scenes of the children and the song I just can't stand how they keep pushing Disney World. The Disneyland Small World is by far the best especially during Holidays but still they are confusing everyone by making believe it's at Disney World.
    That is so true. The editing is a bit off.

The kids are travelling the world and then wind up in San Francisco. Then they jump across the country to WDW. Then they come back to California. And then they jump back to WDW at the very end.

What I would have done is show the kids in San Francisco, and then show Sleeping Beauty Castle followed by all the Disneyland scenes including Disneyland's iasw. I guess the last scene could be Cinderella's Castle as it is in the video, but wow. Those kids must have quite a few frequent flyer miles packed up!

I do love how they show Disneyland's Main Street though. In fact most of this is in Disneyland so that is a good thing. On a scale of 1 - 10 with 10 being best I would give this a low 7.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

They've been doing this for years. It's really annoying and confusing poor, clueless people who don't know the difference between the two parks.

And I posted exactly that in the comments section of the blog.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Well, it's not good, but it's not as bad as the commercial where they showed Walt Disney in WDW's Magic Kingdom, for DL's 50th. What a muddled mess of a lie that was.

DL holiday commercial is about as bad as the recent WDW commercial for Halloween, where they showed several scenes from DL.

• Circle of Ancients

To be fair it is a "Disney Parks" commercial. And to be honest, most people who aren't "Disney Fans" don't know the difference between the two castles.

But yeah ... that was the first thing I caught as well.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I saw this same commercial today during Jeopardy and they replaced Cinderella's Castle at the end with Sleepkng Beauty Castle!

• Banned User

I like it. It makes me feel all warm inside.. and it especially makes me miss the resort.