Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Just this guy......

Re: Doctor Who - The End of Time

I will miss David Tennant. I thought that he was a great Doctor. He did have some great scripts to work with.

The final two part show I only thought they were OK. I thought that it could be stronger.

• My prices are INSANE!

Well, the Tennant era has come to an end. He will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach View Post
    The final two part show I only thought they were OK. I thought that it could be stronger.
    Agreed.
    I always had problems with Russel T Davies series finales. He has a great way of building up the tension in the first few episodes then the pay off is not so great.

I liked the Master finally doing the right thing and taking out the Timelords.
    But I wonder if that was the end for the Master? Finally wrapping up his chracter.

The whole saying goodbye to everyone before dying bit was self indulgent on Russel T.'s part but hey, it's all the characters that he created over the past 5 seasons. He's entitled to play with his toys one last time.
    But I just didn't buy Mickey and Martha married. That was a bit left field. It probably had something to do with Torchwood.
    Although the scene with Rose was just great but heartbreaking.

Overall, not bad. Not the best but not bad.

Now bring on the Moff!!!
    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Larry View Post
    Although the scene with Rose was just great but heartbreaking.
    I made myself feel better by thinking "She'll be OK, she has her very own Dr. Who 10 on some deranged alternate universe." Which could always leave themselves open for an "Oops! We opened that portal and here's a Guest Appearance by David Tennant!"

...Probably won't happen, but i can dream, can't I?

• Also cute and fluffy!

I'm still sad about David Tennant leaving the role...he was my Doctor. It was because of him I really got drawn into the show, its such a shame to see him go

That said...The trailer for next season was pretty awesome. I think Matt Smith has the right look and feel of the Doctor, so I'm quite excited to see what he brings to the role. I just hope his portrayal of the Doctor is far different then David Tennant's so we get less (inevitable) comparisons between them.

In Steven Moffat we trust

• My prices are INSANE!

Quote Originally Posted by pj_campbell View Post
    I'm still sad about David Tennant leaving the role...he was my Doctor. It was because of him I really got drawn into the show, its such a shame to see him go

That said...The trailer for next season was pretty awesome. I think Matt Smith has the right look and feel of the Doctor, so I'm quite excited to see what he brings to the role. I just hope his portrayal of the Doctor is far different then David Tennant's so we get less (inevitable) comparisons between them.

In Steven Moffat we trust
    When David Tennant took over for Christopher Eccleston I wasn't to sure how David would do. I quite liked Ecclestons version of the Doctor. But he went on to do a great job.

I'm more than curious to see what the new writing team is going to bring to the table. With the new team being lead by Stephan Moffat who wrote some of the most memorable, and scary episodes during the last 5 years of the new Who series.

For those of you not familiar with the episodes he's written for Doctor Who, here is a list.

"The Empty Child"/"The Doctor Dances"
    ("Are you my mummy?")
    "The Girl In The Fireplace"
    "Blink" This episode is probably my all time favorite New Who episode.
    "Time Crash" The Children in Need special that briefly brought Doctor No. 5 and Doctor No. 10 together.
    "Silence In The Library"/"Forest Of The Dead" The whole "ghosting" concept is just creepy. With Miss Evangelista repeating Ice Cream as her consciousness fades out.

He also helped write the first script for the first TinTin movie that Steven Spielberg is directing and co-producing with Peter Jackson.
    Stephen Moffat was suppose to write all three films but chose to be the Executive Producer for Doctor Who instead.

May the Moff bring good things.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szuP0oBZX4g"]YouTube - Doctor Who - Children In Need Special: 'Time Crash' 2007[/ame]

Stop by my website

Ooooh! Three of my favorite episodes were done by him! This actually makes me slightly more excited to see where he takes the new Doctor...

• My prices are INSANE!

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDishwasher View Post
    Ooooh! Three of my favorite episodes were done by him! This actually makes me slightly more excited to see where he takes the new Doctor...
    What would those three be? Just curious.

Stop by my website

The Girl in the Fireplace, Blink, and the Silence in the Library episodes.

• Also cute and fluffy!

I've always found Moffat's episodes to be some of the best so I'm really looking forward to it
    And another thing I find quite interesting was that Russel T. Davies has stated that Moffat's scripts were the only ones he never had to have rewrites done on because they were so well done the first time. I see bright things for the Doctor's future with him as the show runner

And I really am looking forward to Matt Smith's Doctor. I've heard quite good things online from people close to the show that make it sound like he is quite the actor to look out for in the future
    "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    Walt Disney

Thanks for everything, Walt!

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."

Follow me on twitter! - pj_campbell

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12