Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: The Biggest Loser Season 9

OMG.... I just saw the previews for next when they had to contact 911 and I had the feeling that it was life threatening. That looks like it might be a tough episode to watch. But as for tonight, I'm not amazed at the green teams reaction, to me I always thought them to be pretty stubborn since day 1
    Follow me on Twitter for live updates & pictures from the park:

It seems the past few yrs the people in the red shirts have played the game nasty. It would be nice if Melissa would get knocked down a few pegs. Hey it would even be a nice payback if red goes below the yellow line next week and they vote her off. I mean I they way she even was laughing when the green team didn't lose that much weight. As far as I am concerened, I am cheering for anyone to win except the red team.
    And then to see they had to call 911 next week. I hope who ever they were there for is ok.
    o A mouse a day, keeps the blues away. o

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Next week is the week that the two teams that were sent away in the limos are coming back. I believe they were yellow and blue. I was wondering if the 911 call might have been for one of them. Not sure why I am thinking that. Has there ever been a death on the show? My own brother collapsed, and died of a heart attack while exercising at the health club. He was secretly smoking again, and that of course was a contributing factor.

You can see how the teams are starting to form allegiances with one another. I don't have any favorites so far. I felt for the pink team as the mom held Jillian's hand during the weigh in.

Both the Green, and the Red teams have real attitudes. I listened especially to what Jillian said about emotion, stress, and weight loss. My brother was doing well after his first heart attack and quit smoking for a very long time. He was very committed to his exercising though, and spent many hours doing that. I often speculate how he was only doing one thing,out of three, that he should have been doing. He was also a notoriously horrible eater. Consuming all the wrong foods.

The Biggest Loser show has me hooked, but it also reminds me of how I have probably wasted a lot of years eating wrong, and not exercising enough. I was never a smoker though.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I was really surprised that it was the other twin from the Brown team that went home last night. I also never expected that it would be Miggy that would have the emergency. I know that some people don't like her, but I do. I am not fond of Melissa from the Red Team.

I lost track of how many weeks this has been. I see that they are going to the Olympics next week, and two contestants will be going home.

I like the format of the show that the contestants that go home get to come back to the finale. It will be really interesting to see how the twins do now that they are home. I am really hoping they do well. Also Shay will be coming back from the last season.
    Pop Century Resort

• Minion

I'm kinda glad to see Melissa go home. To me, she really had no reason being there after she got down below 200. She can finish up what she started at home. Her husband on the other hand needs to be there. But I can't believe how they ended this weeks show, I can't wait until after the Olympics are over, I want to know who gets eliminated and now
    Follow me on Twitter for live updates & pictures from the park:

• Now 40% less bitter!

Melissa admitted exactly what I thought once she knew she was eliminated: she was only there to support her husband (not that that isn't noble) and she didn't think she needed to lose any weight. And that's exactly why she didn't. She was only there because she wants her husband to get back to working weight. I'm really glad she was eliminated because she didn't want to be there.
    I'm really glad Miggy is being emotional. I was so happy to see her be happy. I hope that when she goes home, there's no issue between her and her daughter where emotions are concerned.
    Oo-de-lally!

I am glad we won't have to see Melissa any more. But at least we won't have to see her nasty game play any more. I lost all respect I had for her when she played mean.
    The part I hate, is they left us hanging to find out who keeps that torch on their heads the longest.
    o A mouse a day, keeps the blues away. o

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The Olympics don't end until February 28th, so no Biggest Loser episodes until March. I'm not really sure about the taping of these shows. How much is old stuff, and how much is new, and how recent can these episodes be when they finish each of them with progress from eliminated players?

I haven't developed as many attachments on this season as on the last. I was happy to see Miggy get excited seeing that she spent time recently recovering from surgery, and her daughter was sent home. Jillian was very surprised at Miggy's emotion. I would love to know what Bob and Jillian thought when Melissa was eliminated. I am saddened that either Sheryl or Darrel will be gone when next we see a Biggest Loser episode.
    Pop Century Resort

• Now 40% less bitter!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    The Olympics don't end until February 28th, so no Biggest Loser episodes until March. I'm not really sure about the taping of these shows. How much is old stuff, and how much is new, and how recent can these episodes be when they finish each of them with progress from eliminated players?
    They start shooting while the season preceding it is airing on television. I can't remember if it was this week's or last week's episode that had an advertisement by Ali to be a contestant on the next season already. This is why all the contestants have lost amazing amounts of weight in time for the finale. So the progress we're seeing the early-eliminated conestants show is a decent amount of time; maybe a month. But if you notice, the closer we get to the end of a season, the less weight the weekly eliminated contestant loses. But then there's a nicer gap for everyone, including the final contestants, of about two months.
    Oo-de-lally!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I figured they are probably already starting to film the next season, or close to it. They have to film ahead. Otherwise, people commenting on the situations, as they are happening, just wouldn't make any sense. I think that the program is very well done. I think they do a great job of editing. How else would Melissa be the last one weighed last night, and the one to fall below the red line, and be sent home?
    Pop Century Resort

• far, far away from DL

I'm glad to see melissa gone. She was just plain nasty! It was great to see Miggy so happy. She looked really nice with her hair down and makeup on.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I don't watch much television. However, when The Biggest Loser comes back, it looks like the new program Parenthood is going to follow it on Tuesday nights.

My husband likes to tease me about liking the Biggest Loser program. He says, I should go on there. I tell him that I would never survive. I have too many fears. I give the contestants a lot of credit. It's hard changing a lifetime of bad habits. It is understandable how they want to go on the program, because that is a controlled environment.

However, there's no way that chewing gum would satisfy my sweet cravings.
    Pop Century Resort

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post

However, there's no way that chewing gum would satisfy my sweet cravings.
    I thought the same, but it does work.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I missed watching the Biggest Loser this past Tuesday. I am enjoying the Olympics in it's absence.
    Pop Century Resort

• Now 40% less bitter!

Me, too. And Lost
    Oo-de-lally!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast