Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: The Biggest Loser Season 9

Another great episode. I was really laughing as they were trying to catch those baby cows. I see the powers that be spin these shows to get the most emotion out of them that they can.

Sorry guys, but I have decided my final four is just 3. I am definitely rooting for Daris, Michael, and Ashley. The others I am just not sure about at the moment. I realize that Koli and Sam will stick together at all costs, and perhaps I should think of that as a good thing. It just comes off as so arrogant at this point in time. I wonder how strong Sunshine will really be now that her dad is gone.

Next week is Makeover week, and that should be fun. I liked that episode on the last season.

The end is close. I did shed some tears for ONeal, but I was really glad to see Michael do so well. I really like his new attitude. It seems very genuine to me. If he doesn't win this thing, I hope The Biggest Loser does something special for him the way they have done for Shay and Daniel in the past.

Ashley is surprising, and the more she works hard, the more I pull for her. The same for Daris. He is such a sweet young man. Someone is now going to snap this guy up for sure.

I kind of thought if ONeal fell under the yellow line with sunshine, that he would so to speak fall on the sword for his daughter. IMO, looking at sunshine she is already looking good, but I thought ONeal is the one who still needs to be there and has more weight to lose than she does. I agree with you Barbarann that Daris, Ashely and Michael should be the final three. I think Daris is so cute and he also seems to me to have such a kind heart. Good luck to my final three.
    o A mouse a day, keeps the blues away. o

• Circle of Ancients

I'm actually glad that Sunshine/O'Neal got broken up. They were making the whole thing about them and it's not right. Sam and Koli are guilty of this to an extent, but not as bad when it comes to the weigh in. I was very upset that Sunshine couldn't even be a little happy for Ashley because she was so upset they were below the line.

I can't wait for next week and see Daris and Michael lose their fro's.

• Waiting Since 1992

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Another great episode. I was really laughing as they were trying to catch those baby cows. I see the powers that be spin these shows to get the most emotion out of them that they can.

Sorry guys, but I have decided my final four is just 3. I am definitely rooting for Daris, Michael, and Ashley. The others I am just not sure about at the moment. I realize that Koli and Sam will stick together at all costs, and perhaps I should think of that as a good thing. It just comes off as so arrogant at this point in time. I wonder how strong Sunshine will really be now that her dad is gone.

Next week is Makeover week, and that should be fun. I liked that episode on the last season.

The end is close. I did shed some tears for ONeal, but I was really glad to see Michael do so well. I really like his new attitude. It seems very genuine to me. If he doesn't win this thing, I hope The Biggest Loser does something special for him the way they have done for Shay and Daniel in the past.

Ashley is surprising, and the more she works hard, the more I pull for her. The same for Daris. He is such a sweet young man. Someone is now going to snap this guy up for sure.
    We agree! Same final three. I kinda hope Victoria wins the take home challenge....

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Michael is ready to crack it appears.

Now that Sam is gone, everyone needs to stand on their own. There are no more family ties here anymore. Koli is strong, but a little too cocky for my liking. I can't see him falling below the yellow line.

Next week should be really interesting.

• Now 40% less bitter!

I missed it! Was it the make-over episode?
    Oo-de-lally!

• I'm with Mr. Big!

And how crazy is it that Sam and Stephanie are dating??? WOW!!!
    "Can't sing but I've got soul." -U2

"I've got soul, but i'm not a soldier" -The Killers

WOW!! Don't you think Daris looks awesome!! If Ashely doesn't win, I hope Daris does. By looking at Sam, he looked great and didn't need to lose as much weight as anyone else who was left. So I look at it who still needs to be there and well I thought Sam didn't need the ranch any longer.
    One thing I thought I heard Koli say kind of made me angry. He was talking as if he has already won the whole thing. So for that matter, I hope he doesn't make it to the end. Yes I am glad he has lost all the weight that he has, but his attitude made me sick.
    And I also see next week we have Eric coming back. That should be interesting. And it looks like Michael is going to lose it. I don't know what set him off, but lets hope he will be ok.
    Last edited by PurpleDove; 05-04-2010 at 11:11 PM.
    o A mouse a day, keeps the blues away. o

• far, far away from DL

I'm hoping Daris or Ashley wins. I was really surprised that Steph and Sam got together. They looked cute. I really wanted Sunshine to be kicked off. She cries wayyyy to much. The makeovers looked pretty good. Daris looks so good with the hair cut.

• Circle of Ancients

I kind of had a feeling about Sam and Steph and was glad to see that I was right. I agree, Sam didn't need to be there any more. Even Bob and Jillian said that they haven't had anybody in the history of Biggest Loser be where he is. It's an amazing transformation. I can really see him being a personal trainer or something down the road.

• Waiting Since 1992

Does anybody know how tall Sam is? I remember last season with the firefighter weighing in at two hundred and something near the end and the trainers said he shouldn't lose any more weight , that he's just solid muscle anyway. That surprised me because at 238, you'd have to be pretty freaking tall to have that be a healthy BMI....I mean he looked healthy, but 238 still seems high. My husband is 6'3" and a healthy BMI for him is under 190 according to our handy little BMI chart we have.

I was kinda grossed out when Sam revealed that he was with Steph. I was surprised but like....I dunno, his comments about "coming home to his take home prize" was a turn off. LOL. I like my TBL contestants asexual, thank you very much. But whatever.

Also, I think I am hoping Ashley wins. She totally could, I think. I didn't catch Michael snapping so we'll see how that all goes. The makeovers were fun, though. Didn't like the "dorky" chic look they had Koli in. The look itself can be cool, just not on Koli, imvho.

• Waiting Since 1992

I stumbled upon this while reading Tara Costa's blog (finalist from season 7) and I guess Steph and Sam admitted they were a couple about a month ago: Good article.

Biggest Loser‘s Stephanie: How I Fell In Love with Sam - PEOPLE TV Watch

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Thanks for the article. I remember the comments made by Koli to some of the other contestants, and then Stephanie was voted off shortly after. The other night after seeing Sam and Stephanie together, I speculate that Koli may have been jealous of Stephanie getting too close to his cousin Sam, and that is the real reason behind his comments.

There's a lot that isn't shown. It is about weight loss after all.

I'm not quite sure I understand this whole concept of "throwing the weigh in".

Personalities are all definitely different and will make people do a whole lot of strange, and weird things when someone is under stress.

• Waiting Since 1992

Yeah, my husband and I always try to figure out exactly what it means to "throw the weigh in". Maybe somebody can chime in.

• Now 40% less bitter!

One way to throw in a weigh-in is to completely fill yourself with liquid: gallons of water, yogurt, jell-o and the like. Another way is to simply not work out as much, or purposly eat more than your recommended calories per day. As much as they're supposed to count calories, figuring out how much more they could eat shouldn't be too difficult. Koli said he never counts calories, but he also said he's not a game player. We all know how that turned out.
    Oo-de-lally!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast