Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Re: The Biggest Loser Season 9

Not exercising as much is a lousy way to throw the weigh-in. The easiest way has to be with liquid. You can drink a few pounds of water pretty easily; you can also eat a couple of pounds of food, which would make you weigh more immediately, but wouldn't have as much of a long term effect on your weight.
    Fight On! Beat the Huskers!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• Waiting Since 1992

Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Not exercising as much is a lousy way to throw the weigh-in. The easiest way has to be with liquid. You can drink a few pounds of water pretty easily; you can also eat a couple of pounds of food, which would make you weigh more immediately, but wouldn't have as much of a long term effect on your weight.
    I guess I knew bout how to throw it, but why would you do it? I'm confused as to how it works within the gameplay aspect...

• Now 40% less bitter!

Say you have immunity one week. If you do your math and only lose a couple pounds, it doesn't matter for you as far as elimination is concerned. Then the next week, if you don't get immunity, you work out really hard and decrease your caloric intake. You lose lots of pounds and get to stay. Weigh-in thrown.
    Oo-de-lally!

• Waiting Since 1992

Ok. That makes sense. Thanks. Any other way other than having immunity? I mean, Stephanie didn't have immunity the week they accused her of throwing the weight in right? Or maybe she did. I dunno.

Anyway, thanks for the help in understanding!!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

It is all about playing the game, and losing as much weight as you can, so you don't go below the yellow line. I admire those on the show that are honest, and admit to what they are doing, rather than hidden agendas.

May 11 - 16, 2015

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Final Four:

Ashley
    Daris
    Koli
    Michael

So who is going to win this thing?

I'm rooting for Ashley.

I'll be happy to see anyone but Koli win at this point. I guess his cocky attitude is just too much for me.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Waiting Since 1992

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Final Four:

So who is going to win this thing?

I'm rooting for Ashley.

I'll be happy to see anyone but Koli win at this point. I guess his cocky attitude is just too much for me.
    I'm rooting for Ashley but I think Mike has the best chance. If he drops the same numbers in the time before the final, he could win. Just based on how heavy he was. Sooooo glad Sunshine is gone.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The previews had me a little worried. Who went home, for 30 days and gained 2 pounds?

I am glad that Sunshine and her father were successful in losing weight. Their lives will be so much better in the future because of it. I loved the fact that she got to throw out the first pitch at a ballgame. I am a baseball fan, and that would be wonderful for me as well.

It is going to be great to see how all the contestants have done. The finale is almost here. I have no clue who will walk away with the at home prize. So many of the contestants needed to lose as much weight as an average person should weigh. Scary!

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Waiting Since 1992

See, I am STILL wondering why Sam is "allowed" to have 238 be his final weight. That is not a healthy BMI unless he is extremely tall....so weird.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Koli or Daris?

This is a real shocker. After all the amazing results that Daris has made up to this point it is really sad to see Daris struggle this way at home.

Up to this point, I was not liking Koli. However, tonites show made me soften my attitude toward him.

Who should I vote for? Will I vote?

I will be very happy to see either Michael, or Ashley win. I don't see either Koli, or Daris being able to have the total % of weightloss when all is said and done.

Definitely a shocker. Especially after seeing previews and knowing that someone had gained 2 pounds. So when Daris was the last one to be weighed, I was floored.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Waiting Since 1992

My jaw just dropped. Poor Daris. The real challenge is changing your mindset when losing weight. It's all a mind game, and Daris really needs to get down to whats "eating" him.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I think Daris found comfort and support on the Ranch. He was surrounded by others there going through the same struggles he was, so he didn't slip up. He obviously must have felt lonely, and maybe even scared at home. That caused him to mess up big time.

May 11 - 16, 2015

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

So in the end, Koli's attitude cost him about $150,000 in cash. Technically he was the biggest loser, percentage wise, since he lost a little more than 53% weight loss. However, since he was voted off by America, he only came away with $100,000 in cash. Michael's percentage was just a little more than 50%, and definitely under Koli.

Everyone looked really great. I was happy to see Darryl doing so well since he had so many health issues.

I really wish they would bring the twin brothers back. Actually I was hoping that they would get another sweet deal like Shay got. I guess Shay was a popular contestant, and they are cashing in on that. I am sure she brings a lot of people into the Subway stores.

I will miss the show, and I look forward to the next season.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• "I Break Things"

I have to be honest, once I was told it Mike was in the finals I was fairly confident he had won... unless he royally screwed up. He left the ranch having lost over 200lbs... he only needed to loose 260ish total, so basically less then 60lbs and he wins.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

However if Koli had ended up in the final 3 with Ashley and Mike, instead of Daris, he would have been The Biggest Loser. When I saw how thin he was, I knew he had the "at home prize" in the bag. The man was over 400 lbs, and he did indeed look like he was under 200 when he busted through that photo of himself at the beginning of the program.

I really wanted Ashley as the winner, so I am disappointed. However Mike did a fantastic job. I wish all these amazing people continued success.

I just wish that I had the discipline to lose about 50 of my own pounds.

May 11 - 16, 2015

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast