Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The Biggest Loser Season 9

I never watched The Biggest Loser, until the very first night of Season 8. Quite frankly, I had on channel 5 at my house, and I was watching the news, and I just never turned the channel. The Season 8 Premier came on, and I started watching. I got hooked on that program the very first night. I looked forward to watching it every Tuesday night, and I didn't miss an episode.

My husband calls it the "fat show". However, lately since Season 8 has finished, and I have told him about all the success stories, he has changed his attitude a bit.

Losing weight is not an easy thing. Making a total change in the way you live your life is an even harder thing.

I am really looking forward to the next season Season 9. I just spent over an hour on The Biggest Loser website watching videos. I am ready to get motivated.

I need to lose about 40 pounds. I know that if I do, I will feel so much better.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: The Biggest Loser Season 9

So, I just finished watching the season premiere of the show, and it did not disappoint. I was very surprised that it was the twin brothers that ended up falling below the yellow line. The show is both brutal, funny, inspirational, and it makes one think just how lucky they are if they happen to be both happy and healthy.

I definitely will not miss an episode, on purpose.

• 11 Year Annual Passholder

I love this show!!!

^Art by me!^
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 12.15.14}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 20

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Last season was my first watching. I wish that I would have discovered it sooner. It really makes me want to lose the weight that I need to shed.

I'm only 25 minutes into the episode and I've already gone through 4 tissues!

My best score ever!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

It's hard to believe that Jillian once weighed 175 pounds. I watched her on the Jay Leno show following the Biggest Loser Premiere, and that's what she said.

Now I'm not sure what they meant, when they told the Blue team and the Yellow teams that they were coming back in 30 days. Does that seem fair to the Brown team who has already had one player eliminated. I guess we will hear back about that in a future episode.

Also the green team who won immunity would have been 2nd from the bottom, if they had not won immunity.

I never thought that I would be hooked on a reality show.

• Circle of Ancients

I felt bad for the brothers. Any other week and they would have been fine, but there are so many bigger people on the show this year it's going to be tough.

The guys will however continue to drop in the 20's for a few weeks while I think the ladies will get back to more of a normal weight loss of 5-10 pounds in the coming weeks.

As for my personal weight loss, I've lost about 35 pounds since July and I'd like to lose probably 15-20 more.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I think that the show is very well done. I especially like when they show the at home progress of the voted off contestants. It is a very emotional show, which keeps me going back every week. I guess that is why the show is so successful.

• Circle of Ancients

And Jillian can come and yell at me anytime.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

They had a special on one of the winners who regained all his weight back.

• Minion

I've been watching this show since Season 1 (with the exception of missing a few Seasons in between there) and this show is so good and insperational. I can say from watching the first episode of the new Season that this is going to be another tearjerker of a Season... make sure you have tissues handy
    Follow me on Twitter for live updates & pictures from the park:

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I do find myself crying, and hoping that my husband doesn't walk into the room while I am doing that. He calls the show "The Fat Show". Quite frankly he would probably tease me a lot if he saw me in tears. Thankfully we have two televisions in our house. I remember when we only had one, and we always watched what he wanted to watch.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

So this week they sent home Patti from the purple team. I found myself being very grateful that my weight has not caused some of the health problems that these people have. Granted, I have a thyroid condition, and diverticulosis. I love to eat, but apparently, the diet changes that I have made recently will make me feel better.

I so related with the mom from the white team. I am terrified of water as well. I never learned to swim, despite the countless times that I went to swimming lessons. I don't think that I ever will. I congratulate Maria, she is braver than I would be.

The show is a wonderful motivator for those who are ready to make changes.

My brother died not from obesity, but from his addiction to cigarettes, and his refusal to change his diet. He wasn't over weight. He actually was exercising in a gym when he died. You can't stress your body with a combination of cigarettes, and exercise with clogged arteries.

No one says it's easy. I am amazed at some of these success stories. Hopefully more success stories than tragic ones.

• Now 40% less bitter!

My mom and I watch this show and we enjoy watching the people transform. I missed the first episode, but last night I was bothered by Melissa (the wife on the Red Team). I get the impression that she doesn't think she needs to be there. She looks like the smallest woman on the ranch, currently, so I'm wondering if she's in denial. If that's the case, I'm looking forward to a Jillian yell-fest!
    Oo-de-lally!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Melissa was playing the "game". She came right out and said that she didn't want to lose any weight, because they had immunity. She figures she can lose it next week instead. I guess we shall see. Sometimes those choices come back to bite people.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast