Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Favorite Ghost Investigating Shows?

So the title is pretty clear. What is your favorite Ghost Hunting show? I happen to be a pretty big fan of Ghost Hunters. They don't try to think of everything as paranormal, but to debunk what they can.

What is your favorite device on the shows? I like the Ovilus which is a device with a 400 word database. The spirit tries to manipulate the device so it can speak through it to the investigators. It usually only uses one word at a time, but if you put the words together after a period of questions. It should lead you to the results.

• Hukuna Matata!

Re: Favorite Ghost Investigating Shows?

I know its not really a ghost hunting show but my gf has me watching Ghost whisperer, and not only Is Jennifer Love Hewitt a hottie the show isint half bad, at least looking at her isint:P

• My prices are INSANE!

Ghost Hunters is my favorite. Love me some Jay and Grant. Also the dynamic duo that is Steve and Tango. Love it when those two start betting with each other.
    As far as Ghost Hunters International, not as much into it as the original show. And I got annoyed with Ghost Hunters Academy, It felt like watching the first couple of seasons of Ghost Hunters when the show focused on the drama behind the camera.

I also like watching Paranormal State, but that show makes me giggle more than anything. Ryan doing his "Captains Log" bit. Most of the time I just fast forward to the psychic part.

I don't watch Ghost Adventures, which seems like a combination of Ghost Hunters and American Chopper.
    I just stick with the original Ghost Hunters.

Another paranormal show I like to watch but is not an investigation type show is Celebrity Ghost Stories. Just some good old fashioned creepy ghost stories.

Fun stuff.
    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Even though I stil am an avid Ghost Hunters fan, I have been greatly dissappointed in the show as of late. It seems like the show is becoming more about self promotion (With the TAPS Paranormal Magazine posters in the background and both Jay and Grant wearing the T shirts of the bed and breakfast they now own) and SyFy promotion as well with all these guests.
    I do like GHI and a big fan of both Rob Demerest and Barry Fitzgerald. It seems like they are more of what Ghost hunters started off being like. I like how they are the ones who now seem to be starting to try new equipment in paranormal research.
    I do also like Ghost Lab. I know some people get turned off with the show being so scientific but that's what I love about the show. I watch these shows because I love the paranormal and researching it and love solid proof of the possibility of it's existence.
    I love Ghost Adventures because of how they provoke like there is no tomorrow and they are not afraid to try new and different techniques and equipment to try and get results.
    I do watch Paranormal State as well but do so more for the laugh factor than any thing. I just can't believe every haunting they come across to be demonic in nature and that Ryan has a demon personally following him around trying to get to him. I do love watching Chip Coffey on that show though. Taps has used him alot in the first season back when they were a real ghost hunting show.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• Disneymom

I totally love Ghost Adventures. Last night they introduced a new device. It was an ultra violet color device that showed the ghost energy in a violet color on the screen. It measured the energy in color form. You could really see the movement of the entity as the color moved. He told the ghost to come back and sit on the couch and the screen showed a violet color move across to the couch. It was neat. It doesn't hurt that Zack is a hottie. Those muscles as so sexy.

• ...is busy, please hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Larry View Post

Another paranormal show I like to watch but is not an investigation type show is Celebrity Ghost Stories. Just some good old fashioned creepy ghost stories.

Fun stuff.
    Celebrity Ghost Stories is a great series, I'll watch Paranormal State if it runs in a A&E marathon. Ghost Hunters has lost all wow from after what South Park did.
    Don't think of a gun as a weapon.
    Think of it as a third arm that magically
    shoots bullets!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Ghost Adventures here. Was extremely intrigued by Ghost Hunters at first. But, every show is essentially the same.. different house .. different people.. same stagnant routine.

GA is more like a travel channel trip.. to exotic spooky places. Every show has it's own personality, and unexpected twists. I like my nightmares served up fresh.

The Many Emotions of a Kritter

Now there's a good looking emotional person. Thanks for the heads up, Kritter.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 01-10-2010 at 07:25 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Banned User

All the "ghost-hunting" shows are ridiculous. The guys never actually FIND anything substantial. It's all a bunch of people walking around decrepit buildings talking to the air: "Is anyone here? Can you knock on the wall or something?" or even worse, they insult the air: "John Wilkes Booth, you killed President Lincoln! You *******!" or something like that. And they also act idiotic: "Something tapped me on the shoulder!" or "Did you see that?" "Did you hear that?" or "Wow, cold spot!" It's all such a CROCK.

When somebody gets something credible on film, that's when I'll believe in ghosts.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

I watched the very first episode of Ghost Hunters when it aired and have always been a fan, but, like many, have lost interest in the show. Believe it or not, when they turned away from the investigators and their real lives, I tended to watch the show less. When they did focus on them, I felt that I was learning to see them as people and could trust them more. Now? It takes an entire show to get to the interesting topics.

GHI has kinda gotten back to the basics, but it didn't click for me. Is it me, or the vanity of Americans that individuals can go to Romania, yell in English and hope a ghost, who never spoke modern English, can respond? Still, the investigators are given more background and when it is on and I'm available, I'll take a gander.

Ghost Hunters Academy spotlighted my two favorite investigators with Steve and Tango, so I watched a bit. But the personalities of the candidates was null.

Ghost Lab never seems to have anything happen, in my book. I've watched it three times so far and it hasn't done so much for me. But from what I'm hearing here, I'll try to watch it again.

For me, the two best ones are Ghost Adventures and Paranormal State.

Ghost Adventures isn't as deep as the other two shows. The main host is a total drama queen. He's a body builder, so you would think he would have the fortitude to stay in one place when something happens, but he'll scream and run like so many characters in B-movies. Still, where I give this show kudos over the others is the fact that you are getting some entertainment value. As soon as something spooky happens, they rewind the tape or edit it so there is a sense of immediacy to the action---you don't have to wade through all the SyFy commercials to the last fifteen minutes to see what actually happened.

And yes, the host is cute. I admit it. Okay, okay, okay.

Paranormal State also has a certain immediacy I appreciate. Since it is only 30 minutes, the good stuff is moved to the forefront and I can appreciate that. The lead investigator is given the full background treatment and learning about him makes you care for him more. The drawback to this show is an obvious religious slant that throws the scientific angle out the window. No, that wasn't a slam against religion, but having to wade through prayer sessions before investigating makes individuals like myself, who aren't of the same faith, a bit wary. But they zoom back to the good stuff and it is fully entertaining.

And yes, the host is cute. I admit it. Okay, okay, okay.

Those are my two cents!

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• "Always On The Move..."

I used to watch Ghost Hunters when it first aired..but lately haven't been watching it as much. I'm part of a Paranormal Investigation Team and they've been talking about Ghost Adventures quite a bit. They only complaint I've heard is that they feel GA goes overboard on the provoking. I'm still trying to find the show to watch it! LOL

I really need to catch up on some of these shows. Paranormal State and Celebrity Ghost Stories both sound really good.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• Doesn't get enough Disney

Until this season, "Paranormal State" has been my favorite. Unfortunately, I haven't quite felt the same "spark" from the new season.

Si vous voulez venir danser aussi, le ticket d’entrée n’est jamais gratuit.
    Il faut payer de sa vie.

Quote Originally Posted by Magenta Panther View Post
    All the "ghost-hunting" shows are ridiculous. The guys never actually FIND anything substantial. It's all a bunch of people walking around decrepit buildings talking to the air: "Is anyone here? Can you knock on the wall or something?" or even worse, they insult the air: "John Wilkes Booth, you killed President Lincoln! You *******!" or something like that. And they also act idiotic: "Something tapped me on the shoulder!" or "Did you see that?" "Did you hear that?" or "Wow, cold spot!" It's all such a CROCK.
    They make me giggle. I watched the British one when it was on, though it seems like they faked it. Too much happened, too often. I watched the one with Gail and Chris; they faked it, too but it was entertaining to watch Chris. He may be a real medium/psychic, but I don't know that he was using it onscreen.

I love Ghost Hunters but I've been more into the international lately. Sure, it's arrogant to yell at a ghost in English, but when it's the only language you know? Presumably the host of the place will know the proper language and will recognize anything they catch on the voice recorders. I watch the Academy, but the interpersonal drama annoys me. I love how they try to find real-world causes for things: bad pipes, heating ducts that make noise, drafts caused by a break in a wall.

I've watched Paranormal State, but they seem too... I don't want to say too credible, but isn't that the one where everything is dark? I don't think that seems normal, to find everything is evil unless you're looking for it to be evil. I think a lot of these things reflect our own state of mind and we find what we look for.

Ghost Adventures- I love these guys. Too funny! I did notice they feed off each other- when one hears something, he tells the other guys, who will now believe they heard the same thing. Better would be if they told the third guy, separately, and then see if their perceptions match. If you hear a noise, and say it sounds like a footstep, the person next to you will now see it as a footstep, when if they were left to their own conclusions they might hear it as something different. I do like the immediate rewind when they hear or see something.

I love Celebrity Ghost Stories. Fascinating. No proof of anything, but that's ok.

Ghost Lab- I love these guys! I don't think they get to be quite as scientific as they're aiming for, but that's ok. I think they were too quick to conclude a place is haunted a few times.

I think my favorite part of all these shows is the film and the voice recorders. It's interesting to hear voices where there shouldn't be anything. I've often wondered, though, why the voices don't come through on the main recording?
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• hunter of Hidden Mickeys

I love Ghost Adventures - I really liked the new gadget they introduced last week which can detect the full light spectrum, and although Zack can be very...dramatic at times, the show is entertaining (the episode with him freaking out about the snakes still cracks me up XD).

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Ghost Adventures is another of my huge favorites! The way they provoke is so much fun to watch!

But I will admit that they try to push alot of things as being paranormal.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Ghost Adventures. I love the way Zack provokes the spirits, but I'm totally like Aaron (the main camera guy).
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast