Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

re: Conan says he won't move The Tonight Show

Rumor is that even Letterman weighs in on the drama tonight. Remember, he and Jay aren't on the best of terms either.

I think I'll be watching and/or recording all 3 tonight, this will be the first time I'll be watching Leno.

• Banned User

TMZ is saying Leno's getting the Tonight Show back should Conan leave, which is probably very likely.

'The Tonight Show' with Jay Leno ... The Sequel | TMZ.com

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    TMZ is saying Leno's getting the Tonight Show back should Conan leave, which is probably very likely.

'The Tonight Show' with Jay Leno ... The Sequel | TMZ.com
    Read closer: they are merely speculating this is the outcome. Which is 95% likely to occur.

Go Conan. I hope you move to another network that treats you with the respect you deserve...

• Cars Land Rocks!

I'm also a Conan supporter. I've liked him for a very long time and was happy to hear he was getting the Tonight Show years ago. I've never been a Leno fan and was happy to see him go ... Well, that is until NBC kept him, and put him in front of Conan.

Leave it to NBC to screw Conan not once but twice. I spent 7 years working for NBC just down the hall from Leno's old studio. Nothing surprises me with the NBC management. I'm happy to hear Conan not wanting to move his start time. Can you really call it the "Tonight" Show if it is starting the next morning?

If Conan moves to Fox he will start a 1/2 hour before Leno and still take a lot of audience away from The Tonight Show. I know I'll be watching Conan, or Dave but not Leno ... Of course that won't be anything new for me.

• My prices are INSANE!

From Deadline Hollywood.

Conan O'Brien's monologue tonight was almost poignant:
    "Hello, my name is Conan O’Brien, and I may soon be available for children’s parties.
    Welcome to NBC. Where our new slogan is, 'No longer just screwing up prime-time.'
    When I was a little boy, I remember watching The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson and thinking 'Someday, I’m going to host that show for 7 months.
    Also from Nikki and Deadline....

I've learned about a meeting that began at 1:45 PM at NBC Universal about The Conan War: On one side of the room -- NBCU bigwigs Jeff Gaspin and Marc Graboff. On the other -- O'Brien's reps: manager Gavin Palone, WME agent and board member Rick Rosen, and the newest member of Team O'Brien, Hollywood litigator Patty Glaser, who was hired on Sunday and is WME's legal shark of choice.

I wouldn't want to be Gaspin or Graboff right now: Gavin can be as mean as a rabid dog, Rick's agency reps 60% of the TV talent, and Glaser is a pitbull. This is bloodsport. I've learned both NBCU chief Jeff Zucker as well as Gaspin were told that, before it went out, Conan was publicly making that statement (see below).

My insiders say O'Brien's reps didn't want him to do it. "They were not thrilled. They told him it would undercut his negotiating leverage," one source revealed to me. "But Conan wouldn't listen to them. He wanted to make it." When Conan read the statement to the staff, "he broke up. He began to cry," one of my insiders reveals. "Because for 17 years he was working towards The Tonight Show, and now he says he's prepared to walk away from it. That's an amazing thing. An amazing thing. But he takes very seriously the fact that The Tonight Show baton was passed to him."

Meanwhile, Hollywood creatives are already starting to show support for Conan against NBC. At the Television Critics Association confab, near the end of the session with ABC TV showrunners, TV showrunners Steve Levitan (Modern Family) and Bill Lawrence (Cougar Town) said almost in unison: "Hey, did you guys read Conan's letter?" Lawrence added: "I love it. Man, it was just ballsy. It's just the way I hoped it would be."
    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

yeah this is totally stupid.

COCO! COCO! COCO! COCO! COCO!
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

• All? NO, ALL!

What the heck is NBC thinking? The Jay Leno Show isn't suddenly going to become funny just because they move it. They're being completely disrespectful to Conan and the Tonight Show's history.

Someone get Jay a dictionary and show him the definition of "retirement."

• Goofy

good for conan. fight the fight conan.

• Goofy

Someone get Jay a dictionary and show him the definition of "retirement."[/QUOTE]

lol

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro825 View Post
    I loved watching Jay at 1135pm. Frankly I grew up with his version of The Tonight Show. I've really lost alot of respect for him these last few days. Jay should bow out gracefully, accept that his show failed and do something other than late night.
    jay's ego is the size of his head and chin lol.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Evan, I have the same avatar as you. My apologies, but I believe it is a great banner to show support for Conan (because I can't think of any other world wide issues to show my support for lol)

I rarely catch late night, but when I do it's Conan. This summer I actually watched every episode of the Tonight Show and enjoyed every episode up until I got behind/busy and didn't keep up with it. Conan has entertained me for years. He's earned the Tonight Show. This whole thing is unfortunate and hopefully it gets resolved quickly. It's impossible to make everyone happy, but Conan moving to a different network and starting something big on his own would be just awesome. Wherever he goes, I shall follow. I just hoped it'd be NBC, because even though they air a lot of crap, it's still my network of choice.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Keep in mind when you watch the shows late at night, much has happened SINCE then as they were taped at 4pm (jay) and 5pm (conan).

I really fear the worst and that Conan is leaving NBC. And yes, many folks thinks he deserves better, but what he deserves is THE TONIGHT SHOW.... at the time slot it's always been.

If Jay Leno returns to the Tonight Show, man, that's just going to be a terrible thing. Will people even care anymore? Will people just spite him so much that he doesn't even get a single guest?

Patton Oswalt has shown his support of Conan and against Leno. Jerry Seinfeld has also spoke on sunday about his support for both Jay and Conan. Rainn Wilson too supports both but I think deep down, they all support that Conan's Tonight Show should remain where it is.

It's a sad situation right now and I'd hate to see Conan off the air for several months once again. So many people moved and transplanted their entire life from New York to Los Angeles for this job. It's not right.

But as classy as Conan's letter was, I was shocked that there was one. I wonder if he could have negotiated better without it.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Here is a collection of bits from all of the Late Night shows on Tuesday night that involved the whole Conan/Leno fiasco. Jimmy Kimmel is hilarious.

Late Night Mayhem as Conan O'Brien (and Everyone Else) Turns on NBC: All the Clips You Missed - The Late Show - Gawker.TV
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

NBC has treated both of them badly, and I give Conan credit for standing up and saying he won't be part of whatever weird time-shifting idea the network implements.

Now, if Leno is a decent guy (and I've heard that he is) then he will do something similar in the next day or two.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
    Now, if Leno is a decent guy (and I've heard that he is) then he will do something similar in the next day or two.

Which could mean a few things. Either NBC keeps Conan at his timeslot or if they BOTH leave, then they'll be scrambling to fill the 10pm time slot as well as finding a new host for the Tonight Show!

It's a big mess. whew.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast