Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 24 - Day Eight

• Animation Domination

Re: 24 - Day Eight

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    First off, some bad news for us 24 fans

After eight years, the clock will finally run out for Fox's ' - Columns - Appeal-Democrat

But, it's probably time for it to go.

That said, I thought this weeks episode was GREAT. And the preview for next weeks episode looks AMAZING!!!

The reason why Fox is axing 24 is because the cost went up and ratings went down. Rumor has it that NBC might pick up 24.
    "You are watching FOX"

• secure all cargo

I think the ratings are down because...

While there's nothing terrible about this season, I have to say nothing really stands out either. There haven't been many "wow" moments as in past years (oops, sorry, "Days"). I think maybe for me it's that each of the 7 prior Days did a great job adding new layers to Jack. But Day 8 started with a couple of family scenes (admittedly very touching, especially when Kim and Jack say goodbye) that seemed to start resolving Jack's personal life, which is less interesting than, say, further exploring the conflict.

For me this really impacts the way the rest of the Day has played out so far. Ever since Day 1 ended, Jack has always seemed a tragic character to me, it's what makes him truly interesting. Loyalty and sacrifice at tremendous personal expense have always been such big themes for him. I don't get any sense of that this year, and therefore Jack seems somewhat detached from the proceedings, making the situations far less tense. There's less at stake for him personally. Perhaps that's the intention, that Jack's new layer is personal growth (after all he did have his born-again experience with the Muslim priest at the end of Day 7). Or perhaps they're saving tragedy for later in the Day. We'll see, I plan to watch til the end anyway.

• secure all cargo

Go Chloe!!

• secure all cargo

If anyone is still watching, the last 2 nights including the 2-hr back-to-back have been a bit of a return to form for the show. For one, we are finally getting more action scenes. Two, they finally started getting into some of the moral dilemmas with characters having to make certain ethical decisions - these seem to have been largely absent this season until now. And three, the previously lame subplot with Dana has started to make more sense in the context of the larger story as her woes which previously seemed irrelevant are now in retrospect more directly tied to the terrorist plot (I won't give it away). It's too late to save the show now that it's already been cancelled, but I'm still hopeful they'll do the the final season some justice.

• or CBF

I am.

This season has turned out really great. I stopped watching after the whole Dana subplot got really boring, but got back into it after the whole CTU crashing happened.
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I'm still watching. Finally caught got caught up. I got into the routine of watching on Hulu on Tuesday nights while working on school project, but the past few weeks I've been sitting around at home. I almost forgot to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMousePal View Post
    The reason why Fox is axing 24 is because the cost went up and ratings went down. Rumor has it that NBC might pick up 24.
    I think it might be time for the show to let things go. It has been a good run, but honestly, how many times can things go horribly wrong and jack has to save the day? How times can there be a mole in CTU or some other government agency helping terrorists. I would rather see the show end on a high note then just run itself into the ground by trying to go on for too long.

• Kingdom Comedian

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    I think it might be time for the show to let things go. It has been a good run, but honestly, how many times can things go horribly wrong and jack has to save the day? How times can there be a mole in CTU or some other government agency helping terrorists. I would rather see the show end on a high note then just run itself into the ground by trying to go on for too long.
    Seriously!!! The biggest problem in the 24 universe is that no one has ever heard the term "background check."

I'm glad there is some joy for you folks in this last season though. If you're sticking with it, you deserve to be rewarded

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by timbabbcomedian View Post
    Seriously!!! The biggest problem in the 24 universe is that no one has ever heard the term "background check."
    No, the biggest problem is how all of these people working on secret projects are walking around with undocumented cell phones all running off of an incredibly powerful Sprint network.

• Ready for takeoff

I am still stunned about what happened last night. Wow.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by FolsomFan View Post
    I am still stunned about what happened last night. Wow.
    Yeah, two big deaths at the end over the past two weeks. Wow.

Awesome to see President Logan weasel his way back though. He's always good for some intrigue.

Poor Jack, is he EVER going to be happy?

Anybody have any speculation on how they are going to end the series?

My guesses:

A) Jack get's on a plane to LA to start his new life with his daughter/granddaughter/son in-law
    B) Jack get's killed saving the president

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Anybody have any speculation on how they are going to end the series?

My guesses:

A) Jack get's on a plane to LA to start his new life with his daughter/granddaughter/son in-law
    B) Jack get's killed saving the president
    There is supposedly still interesting in doing a feature film, so I doubt they would kill off the central character that has come to define 24.

I have to ask though, can we really end 24 without Tony Almeida magically reappearing and double crossing everybody one last time?

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    I have to ask though, can we really end 24 without Tony Almeida magically reappearing and double crossing everybody one last time?
    No, it will be Nina Myers.

• Circle of Ancients

I gotta be honest, I was completely underwhelmed by the series finale. It felt like they had the season finale written and once they found out the show was being cancelled they didn't change anything.

IMO, the fans deserved some kind of resolution to the "TV Series" and not just a cliffhanger leading up to the movie. There were more unanswered questions and a bigger cliffhanger than many other 24 seasons let alone a series finale.

At this rate I'm not even sure I'm interested in seeing the 24 movie if/when it ever happens.

• secure all cargo

It feels a bit like they copped out with the finale. Hereís Jack who for 7 Ĺ seasons breaks a lot of rules in the name of justice, but heís always known his limit as to how far he will go. There are just certain things he wonít do. Thatís part of what we all love about him. The writers made an intriguing, daring, and risky move in having Jack after all these years finally snap and rampage back at the system he gave his life to serve and protect. So in the end I expected them to really deal with the significance and even consequences of his actions. But that just didnít happen. Jack running off a fugitive yet again was just repetitive and cheap. He barely registered in the final hour. He didnít even escape, he was let go. Most of the episode was about Taylor and Logan, not necessarily bad in and of itself because of their fantastic performances, but bad when at the expense of airtime for Jack. Having Jack so passive was a huge misjudgment.

I hate to end on such a critical note. In spite of all this, I was still pretty entertained this season. 24 gave 8 solid seasons of TV with plenty of high points. For me it goes down as one of my favorite shows ever, and Iím still happy to see any 24 movie they may make.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I finally watched the finale the other day. Oh how I just wanted to choke the living daylights out of Charles Logan. He's the type of character you love to hate because he was so sneaky, underhanded and just... evil.

But yeah I agree I felt they kind of copped out in the end with having Jack run off as a fugitive again. But since there's talk about a 24 movie, I'm sure they did it to leave it open for exactly that... just in case the movie is a go.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast