Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains

Thank god they got rid of sugar... they can avoid the crying every 30 seconds. Kudos for Jeff to calling her out on it right away.

I hope they get rid of Cirie... the woman does nothing and is so overrated. She's a networker who finds safety in numbers - not because of her game play or strategizing.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleDove View Post
    I am still thinking back to the last finale. Wasn't the finale filmed after the HVV's have already been taped? And how Russell was acting and wanting her to give up the title so he could be the sole survivor makes me think that he didn't get to far in the game.
    It looks like this villian team is going to play real rough. At one point, it looked like one of the guys leg was going to get broke that Russell was pulling it so far over that I though we were going to hear bones crunch. I am sorry to see Rupart got his toe broken. And then when Sandra unhooked Suger's bra off, WOW. Its going to be a tough season. I am looking forward to see what happens next. Its too soon for me who to decide to root to win. I will look forward hearing all your thoughts in the next few weeks about all your thought about this season.
    They need to have an uncensored version of Survivor.

I know they filmed this season before the end of the last season was aired (I think someone said it was like 10 days later) but they all seemed to know who Russell was. At least that's what it seemed like to me.

• Pilot EdForceOne

'Survivor After Dark' edition

I'd watch

Am I evil? yes, I am

• phbbbbbt

I think it was two weeks between filming. I know I read they left everything there. I was reading Jeff's blog last season, and of course a link here or there off of that, and comments... But yeah, I'm pretty sure I read that Russell came home, then flew back out two weeks later. They had no idea who he was, just that he'd been on the last season. But srsly, if you're one of these particular people (keeping in mind, many of them have been on twice already), wouldn't you KNOW that this guy must be good, since he's the only one they included from the most recent season. And since they put him on the Villains side? I would be totally suspicious of Russell.

As for the finale show, yep, they would've had to either schedule everything around Russell (because he can't be in two places at once), hope he'd get kicked off HvV early (so he could be back for the finale show), or bring him home to film it. So yeah, HvV had to be in the can before taping the Samoa reveal/finale. I love that you caught his attitude on the finale show, and I totally agree-- had he won HvV, he would HAVE the title, and would've been much more easy going at the Samoa finale. Good read of human nature!!!

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

My favorite part was when Boston Rob ran at James full speed and James didn't even sway. It was like he ran into a wall, you could almost hear the *thunk* sound. We love Boston Rob and James both, but we laughed so hard at that. Jerry and Coach? We weren't sorry to see Sugar go, either.

I'm not even sure who I'm rooting for yet. I like so many of them on both teams and dislike so many of them on both teams, too.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    — Mark Twain

• Pilot EdForceOne

I am still thinking back to the last finale. Wasn't the finale filmed after the HVV's have already been taped? And how Russell was acting and wanting her to give up the title so he could be the sole survivor makes me think that he didn't get to far in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanna View Post
    I love that you caught his attitude on the finale show, and I totally agree-- had he won HvV, he would HAVE the title, and would've been much more easy going at the Samoa finale. Good read of human nature!!!
    Yup Yup.. I brought this up in the previous Survivor thread - that once it was revealed that Russell would be on HvV that you could read a lot more into his reactions on the Samoa reunion show regarding play in HvV we knew at that point (due to blogs, tweets, etc from the crew) to already have been completed. Here's the post from the other thread..

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    So something just occurred to me... because I'm slow.

At the Samoa reunion... Russell is visibly upset at not winning... even offering cash just for the 'title'. It's obviously something he desires greatly and does not have.

But what just occurred to me is that the reunion show actually occurred AFTER Heros Vs Villians took place out on the island. H vs V didn't have it's finale, but the island part was already over at this time.

Since I have not looked at any spoilers beyond rumored casting for H vs V... wouldn't you agree Russell's actions don't paint a promising picture for his stay in H vs V? I would argue it's clear Russell had no chance at winning H vs V based on his attitude and body language at the Samoa reunion. Would you agree?
    I don't think Russell's plan of telling everyone he'll take them to the final 2 on day 1 is all that bright. Align with people sure... but don't make it so obvious when it's not possible to be so sincere right away without anything else binding you together. Its like 'Hi, my name is russell, and I want to goto the finals with you'... wtf.

Not his best game play IMO. Maybe the back to back seasons is coming back to haunt him a bit in this regard too. Remember at this point, he hasn't been humbled yet by the Samoa Vote... so Russell comes into the game thinking he's still top of the world... unbeatable... and he can be overconfident in this situation.

Am I evil? yes, I am

• phbbbbbt

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Remember at this point, he hasn't been humbled yet by the Samoa Vote... so Russell comes into the game thinking he's still top of the world... unbeatable... and he can be overconfident in this situation.
    ohhhhhhh yeahhhhh... hadn't quite gotten that far in my thinking yet, but you're right. he came into HvV thinking he had the opportunity to win back to back titles. this season just gets better and better!

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Rats. I forgot to TiVo the first show!
    Fight On! Beat the Beavers!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Speaking of "drive-by" my cousin just became the new drummer for -Train-
    The only thing we have to shame is ... shame itself!

I hadn't thought of that. You're right!! Oh, I have hope yet that the rest of the team will kick his sorry butt off real quick!

Tahuwai la a tahuwai wai la
    Ehu hene la a pili ko'o lua la
    Pututui lu a ite toe la
    Hanu lipo ita pa'alai

--- Hawai'ian War Chant

• Circle of Ancients

For somebody who has come off so awesome and like-able on two previous seasons, James really is coming off as kind of a jerk.

The Heroes should absolutely be killing the villains in any kind of challenge that has strength, but they just can't work together.

•   
    • Damn Good Burger!

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    For somebody who has come off so awesome and like-able on two previous seasons, James really is coming off as kind of a jerk.

The Heroes should absolutely be killing the villains in any kind of challenge that has strength, but they just can't work together.
    Agreed. Liked him before, not so much now. Stephanie was my favorite female Survivor so I'm slightly bitter that she's gone.

• Pilot EdForceOne

I can understand the frustration of James.. and I don't fault him for standing up. The Tribal scene came off as bad... and of course they painted the previews to show him blowing up more. I hope they figure out how to do something good together so they'll come back down.

I want to know what game Tom thinks is going on in his head. It's like he thinks everyone is in trouble if they aren't already aligned with him. Really? Because I see him as the island... even before Steph was tossed. It's as if Tom has this reality in his head where he's in the drivers seat. I don't see that at all from what we've seen.

Survivor is about voting blocks... and the girl power block consistently is one that you must win. Tom isn't anywhere close to having it, or even being near it - Nor was Steph.

Am I evil? yes, I am

• phbbbbbt

from Jeff's blog last week, after the first show (regarding the challenge)-- "The Heroes are stronger but their egos get in the way. The Villains work together better."

Jeff Probst blogs the 'Survivor: Heroes vs Villains' premiere | EW.com

haven't read this weeks blog yet, but i think sometimes he writes with the rest of the season in mind. interesting that he posted this last week, when it was even more evident this week...

Ep 7 Review
    Colby Donaldson survived the previous week's tribal council only because James hurt his knee beyond hope for healing within the game's timeframe. Surrounded by those who want him out due to his lackadaisical efforts in challenges this season and being on the minor alliance, it's time for Colby to get playing the game. Heck, it's time for the entire heroes tribe to start playing. Rupert has some sort of enhanced caveman rush into things, but has a broken toe and isn't really athletic.
    No one seems to be good with puzzles. What is going on here? The villains have been trouncing them at every turn. It's not just Colby who needs to step his game up. But he's the one on the hot seat due to the alliances. Can he do it? We're down to five heroes and eight villains. Only due to the double tribal council last episode did the villains lose someone -- Tyson in the supremely evil, yet totally effective, Russell-engineered blindside. The guy is so good at scheming and puppet-mastering. He proved it once again. Plus, he really attracts the coolest descriptions of anyone ever on the show. Rob called him a "hobbit on crack" while Courtney dubbed him a "bandy-legged troll." Perfect! Rob definitely has Russell's number. I was thinking the first few episodes that if only they worked together, the two could rule the game well into the merge. However, with the divide growing, I don't think it ever could have worked out. Rob realizes that Russell will stop at nothing to win the game. Once again, Russell is playing the most excellent
    scheming game, yet perhaps not the best social game. Even those who trust him don't really trust him. So, all will remain not so hunky-dory within the villains tribe if they keep winning. But, the divide will split wide open if they lose. How were they to know that Colby and the misfit heroes castaways would become family? Oh my. The heroes actually won reward, had their "we are a family" epiphany, and even got a clue for the hidden idol. Their "one for all, all for one" philosophy won't save anyone's butt in the next tribal council. After the water basketball reward challenge, the immunity challenge had them scrambling an obstacle course and solving a dreaded puzzle. Amazingly enough, the heroes won once again. In watching both challenges, it's evident that Colby does still have it in him. He was the star. I'm sure they'll quickly forget that if they go to tribal as a tribe again,
    don't you? Chasm time over at the villains! Russell and Rob both tried to work their mojo on the two floaters -- Jerri and Coach. Jerri let herself get sucked into the Russell zombie trance. Coach, although he certainly has lied in the game before,
    was on his honesty and loyalty kick. So he did what any brave man would do. He agreed with both plans but tried to push his own agenda of voting out Courtney, the weakest player. Normally, with so many on the tribe, I'd say the weakest should go. But with the heroes decimated and such a riff, either Rob or Russell need to go. They can't play nice together, so the island must be turned around and one must be taken home. In a way, Rob and Russell are both playing the same sort of strategy in the game. Rob comes off as nicer while Russell as evil. But if you think to the end game, more people like Rob. He'd stand a better chance to win the million, especially if he plays a good strategic game, keeps being the star in challenges and plays provider. Although the others aren't aware that Russell lost last season due to his lack of a social game while masterminding an excellent working strategy, it might just happen again. He's such a sneaky snake that he's not likely to win a popular vote no matter how well he plays. At the tribal council, Rob kept his little alliance votes while Russell kept his. Jerri went to the dark side and voted for Rob. Coach, brave dragon slayer warrior that he is, cast a sole vote for Courtney. That was the coward's way out indeed. He may as well cast his vote for Rob. Had he voted for Russell, it would have forced a tie-breaker. It's another notch in Evil Russell's belt. "If you're gunning for me, you've got to go," said Russell. Once again, in a new season with experienced players, he does it again. Russell is good, but perhaps not in a good way.

• Ready for takeoff

It looks like this villian team is going to play real rough. At one point, it looked like one of the guys leg was going to get broke that Russell was pulling it so far over that I though we were going to hear bones crunch. I am sorry to see Rupart got his toe broken. And then when Sandra unhooked Suger's bra off, WOW. Its going to be a tough season. I am looking forward to see what happens next. Its too soon for me who to decide to root to win. I will look forward hearing all your thoughts in the next few weeks about all your thought about this season.
    I had never thought of that ... Russell did not learn that there is value in the social game by the time he did HvV. That would explain why he is playing the same way in this season.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast