Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• phbbbbbt

Re: Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains

she absolutely wins the award for Biggest Move Ever!!!

• Seasick

I guess calling this season Idiots vs. Villians would have been too much of a spoiler?

Other than that reason, I don't see why they didn't call it that.

Yeesh.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• is "Turn[ing] It Off"

I just checked this thread and realized that I completely forgot to post in it after last weeks episode

WOW! Last week's episode was great. Without seeing Russell's game play, I understand why the Heroes trusted him. He was on the Villains tribe, as Rupert says. However, I don't believe that's a very good indicator since Randy, Tyson, Jerri, Courtney, and Sandra are on the Villains tribe. These players aren't nearly as aggressive as Russell. They, to me, are more of a Villain because of their humor or attitude. There was no real way for them to know that he was an aggressive player. I still think it was stupid for J.T. to blindly give the idol away.

This was definitely the best tribal council, yet, for this season. I loved "presents" to Sandra and Jerri. The reactions were great including Russell's reaction! It's still to be seen if there will be a better tribal for this season. With the way things are going, it looks as if there is the possibility for more. I'm hoping for more blindsides without the hidden idols. At this point, they should just have a hidden idol store to give them away for free. The clues tell you exactly where the idol is anyway

This week's episode was pretty action packed with the fighting over the clue and the scrambling.

This reward challenge was huge. After watching the show, I really wish Colby would have backed up Amanda. Since Danielle found the clue, Russell got hold of the hidden idol, and it made a mess everything. Candice was too scared to make a move against the Villains because of it. I don't see how it's smart =\

The tribal council questioning was really enlightening. Obviously, Sandra knew that she was the fifth in her alliance, but Russell was more than happy to point it out. I mean, she was ready to flip for a reason. Russell showed exactly why he doesn't completely understand this game. He thinks his aggressive game play is the only right away to play the game. Last season, he took two non-aggressive players and Natalie won. This season, he is struggling for control with Parvati so it even remains to be seen if a Villain will even get to the final tribal.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by honoraryhatter View Post
    Russell showed exactly why he doesn't completely understand this game. He thinks his aggressive game play is the only right away to play the game. Last season, he took two non-aggressive players and Natalie won.
    Remember - at this point in time Russell does not know how his season turned out. He doesn't know the jury didn't vote for him.

Last nights show was full of craziness. The fight between Amanda and Dannelle was one I am surprised we don't see more of in the past. I know there are some rules they have about going through other people's stuff (else, why wouldn't you just go through people stuff at camp while they are gone to get the idol) but I dunno how this applies. I was suprised the crew didn't jump between them in some way (maybe they did and we didn't see it) because getting physical between contestants is a big no-no.

Colby showed just how checked out he is in this game.

The fact Pav called Russell out as 'wasting an idol' was just about laughable. He wasted one? Hello Ms. 'I'll give out two idols at once' spray and pray play.

I give credit to Russell for working on candice early.. that was smart. Telling Sandra they already had a flipper... not so smart. I know he was trying to play the angle of 'dont flip, it wont get you anywhere because we already have your move countered' but she was too far down the line already to NOT share that info. Russell should have floated the notion, not flat out said we already have one. That tips off the Heros too soon.

I was surprised at the end Sandra did vote with the Villains.. not sure what that is about.

The teasers were interesting.. I hope Russell didn't let all this go too far and blow up. He should have laid low a bit longer and built up his ranks against paverti, not call for war before he has them. Having the villains split now is really suicidal. You could have three factions going into tribal which means it only takes a few votes to go home.

Russell already burned his bridge with the Heros tho.. he'll have a hard time recruiting faithful from that side.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Pilot EdForceOne

oooo

In Jeff's blog today he says next week has two immunity challenges and two votes!!

Next week is a biggee. Two immunity challenges. Two tribal councils. Two people gone.

Am I evil? yes, I am

• Lonestar Louisianian

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Colby showed just how checked out he is in this game.

I give credit to Russell for working on candice early.. that was smart.

I was surprised at the end Sandra did vote with the Villains.. not sure what that is about.
    Yeah, Colby seems like he just doesn't care all that much anymore.

I believe that the contestants get to see the votes after tribal as they always seem to know exactly who it was that broke rank. Sandra voted that way because of her conversation with Candice. She knew that, in order to stay in the game a bit longer, she had to go with the dominant alliance.
    Candice made it extremely hard by stupidly trusting Russell (and right after he just showed his true colors by voting out a hero). Sheesh, why do we always get one smart tribe and one stupid tribe? It be nice to get 2 tribes that play smart. Heroes are not even listening to Rupert who tries to warn them, although not with much conviction, that they should not trust Russell.

On a side note, I wish we could've seen Amanda confront Colby about not backing her up at the reward. You know it had to have happened. Maybe it was not "air-worthy" or just more bad editing this season.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by NatdRat View Post
    I believe that the contestants get to see the votes after tribal as they always seem to know exactly who it was that broke rank
    Nope - they don't see any of the extra votes or videos until they watch the shows. They know about the votes typically simply by talking to each other and process of elimination. It's pretty hard to lie about votes when there are so few people.. you know someone 'in the room' is lying and can't deny it.

Am I evil? yes, I am

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Quote Originally Posted by NatdRat View Post
    On a side note, I wish we could've seen Amanda confront Colby about not backing her up at the reward. You know it had to have happened. Maybe it was not "air-worthy" or just more bad editing this season.
    Seriously, where is it written that when you pull the clue first out of the community popcorn, it means you keep control of it after you drop it on the ground in an attempt to conceal it from the others?
    Fight On! Beat the Bulldogs!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Speaking of "drive-by" my cousin just became the new drummer for -Train-
    This device kills fascists.

• is "Turn[ing] It Off"

Remember - at this point in time Russell does not know how his season turned out. He doesn't know the jury didn't vote for him.
    I completely agree. Where Russell had one advantage, he also had this huge disadvantage. He didn't know that if he won Samoa, yet. The only other person with this same advantage/disadvantage was Amanda since she made the final tribal councils in back to back seasons (China and Micronesia).

oooo

In Jeff's blog today he says next week has two immunity challenges and two votes!!
    Next week is going to be jam packed! I seriously can't wait. The post-merge is going by too quickly. It's hard to believe we have a show this Thursday, next Thursday, then the following Sunday is the finale!

Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Seriously, where is it written that when you pull the clue first out of the community popcorn, it means you keep control of it after you drop it on the ground in an attempt to conceal it from the others?
    Yeah, I agree. I understand the importance of the clue and why Danielle fought for it, but it was really childish to suggest that she found it first so it was hers. I don't think there is a rule to to the rules. However, there used to be rules for hidden immunity idols, but they have changed soooo much from season to season so I don't really know.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Jeff wrote in his blog that this wasn't really defined in the rules.. so it could have gone any way. Dani's attempt at covert wasn't all that great, but its not an easy situation either.

Amanda said afterward her idea was to run to the bathroom, read it, and then flush it.. should have done it

Am I evil? yes, I am

• phbbbbbt

Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    well, cause Colby said so.

• is "Turn[ing] It Off"

Wow, this week flew by really quickly. I still can't believe that tomorrow is the last Thursday episode for this season! Sunday is the funale!!!

Last Thursday's episode was jam packed. They had to cram a lot into the one hour. While watching, I remember thinking that the immunity challenge was really early even with two tribals. However, it made much more sense after I watched it. I was really, really impressed by Rupert for pretending to have the idol, and Sandra for actually finding it <3 I don't know how Colby found out about the vote split, but it was genius. With a Pagonging to be expected, I'm happy to see that Rupert and Colby aren't willing to just let everything play out in front of them.

When they returned home from tribal, I laughed when Russell was angry with Candice getting the boot. I understand why he was angry. Candice was batting for him (like Jerri) so she could potentially help him later in the game. However, he went into tribal council knowing that the vote was split between Candice and Rupert. He and the others on the Villains really underestimated Rupert and Colby. Who did the Villains plus Candice think Colby and Rupert were voting for? Regardless, I don't think the others really cared that Candice went. It continued the Heroes Pagoning, and it cut off Russell's options.

During the events leading up to the next tribal, I thought it was interesting to see that Russell was going to try to take control. I ended up laughing, again, with his Danielle and Parvati antics. Parvati is too smart of a player to not compare notes with the source (in this case Danielle). Russell was probably in a much better position before all those antics. During the previous tribals, it was clear that Russell, Danielle, and Parvati were strong for the final three. It was a clear path ... continue the Pagoning and vote out the two other Villains. I give Russell props because he did tell Colby and Rupert to vote for Danielle before going to tribal council.

Now, tribal council was a whole different story. I mean, Russell and Jerri were planning to vote out Rupert. However, Danielle had her melt down and a big mouth. I have no doubt that Russell instructed Jerri to cast that vote, and it was a decision made on the fly. Jerri even said it when casting her vote in the Insider clips:

Jerri:
    I have absolutely no idea what just happened. I was coming here tonight to vote for Rupert but with this vote, I feel like I'm sealing my fate for the final 3 and I'm willing to take the risk.
    For Jerri, this was a great move. She breaks the tight three person alliance between Russell, Parvati, and Danielle. Thus, hoping that she can replace Danielle in that alliance. For Russell, I'm conflicted. I think it was kind of a move because the mess he, himself, created at camp. It was also kind of a bad move. With two Heroes and two previous winners, there's not a lot of wiggle room for getting to the end and winning. If it's even possible for him to win because he doesn't have many cheerleaders at Ponderosa.

I can't wait for tomorrow, and I'm really looking forward to Sunday.

• Seasick

So Russell played the same game, and lost again. He was a little more diplomatic at tribal council, but he should have known better overall, even taking into account that he played this season before knowing the final outcome of the previous one.

Kind of an anti-climactic finish overall, with the votes going in a predictable manner right up to the end.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

booooooo. sandra over parvati??? boooooooo

• Pilot EdForceOne

haven't seen it yet.. but read the recap. I would have taken anyone over sandra... anyone.

Unless their speaches were total crap... I don't know how you could have not picked pav if you were against russell. Pav could have alone used the strategy that she avoided being under Rob's target, russells, AND the Heros at the start of the merge and still pulled it off.

Have all the juries just gotten so petty of late? Or have people been unable to say this was a GAME and I played it better here's how.. A, B, C, D, etc. I know the speeches have gotten pathetic of late.. hope they didn't continue here.

I mean look at the very first show... they got it and voted for Richard even tho they got burned by him.

Am I evil? yes, I am

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast